Auto Power Window Up and Down How To

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auto Power Window Up and Down How To

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Auto Power Window Up and Down How To

Wanted to introduce myself and start with a how to:

Have seen many posts on how to make all the windows auto up and down. Here's how I did it:

Shopping List:

5 Autoloc WC1000 ($172.35…new…shipped…amazon.com)
    4 Pac Audio TR-7 ($82.26…new…shipped…ebay.com)
    5 30A Relays ($35…new…bought locally)
    Wires/Connectors/3M tape/grommets (already had most of the items needed…if not figure another $50 to $100)
    Total Spend: $289.61

Schematics:

Windows:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AutowindowSchematic.jpg 
Views:	1547 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	52322

Sunroof:

Name:	sunroof.jpg 
Views:	2043 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	52323
    Components:

Autoloc WC1000: Module that adds auto up/down to every window through the stock switches. Also has to inputs (one up, one down) to activate the auto up or down when the respected input sees a “ground”. All were wired per instructions included with the units. All WC1000’s were mounted as close to the motor for each window as I could get them.
    Pac Audio TR-7: Programmable module used to activate relays.

Windows: Program #14 was used to count the number of locks/unlocks seen prior to activating relays (I used 2X within 4 seconds in my program since 1 lock/unlock does all the doors…3X, 4X, 5X would also work). I used one of these units to “ground” all the WC1000’s “Up” signal (“Up” TR-7) and one to “ground” the “Down” signal (“Down” TR-7). I mounted these TR7’s in the drivers side front door sill.

Name:	DSC04324.jpg 
Views:	1224 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	52324

Sunroof: Program #15 was used to power the sunroof when one lock signal (from door or FOB) is sensed and latch it on for a programmable time. The sunroof takes ~8 seconds to open and close so I programmed the TR-7 to remain latched for 15 seconds. The last TR-7 was also programmed the same (program #15) but used to sense one unlock signal (from door or FOB). I mounted these TR7’s in the drivers side rear door sill.

Relays:

Windows:

One relay was used for all of the WC1000’s Down Input to be grounded when the “Down” TR-7 sees 2X unlock from the switch on drivers door or FOB. This relay was mounted in the drivers side front door sill.

One relay was used for all of the WC1000’s Up Input to be grounded when the “Up” TR-7 sees 2X lock from the switch on drivers door or FOB. This relay was mounted in the drivers side front door sill.

Sunroof:

One relay was used to latch on power to the sunroof when 1X lock or unlock (two TR-7s activate the same relay) was sensed from switch on drivers door or FOB. This will apply power to sunroof prior to the second button push that activates all windows. This relay was mounted in the drivers side rear door sill.

One relay closes the “close” circuit for the sunroof when the “Up” TR-7’s output is activated (2X Lock). This relay was mounted above the headliner to the right of the upper console area.

One relay closes the “open” circuit for the sunroof when the “Down” TR-7’s output is activated (2X Unlock). This relay was mounted above the headliner to the left of the upper console area.

Power:

Ran direct power to battery with in-line 30A fuse. Used the existing grommet just above passenger sidekick panel to pass through firewall. Supply wire size 14 gauge.

Windows:

Passenger front: removed interior door panel and speaker. Measured for clear location of the WC1000 (needs a flat place on door that doesn’t interfere with door panel). Adhered the WC1000 to the door with 3M Emblem Tape.

Fished 3 wires (+12V, Up Signal, and Down Signal) from passenger compartment through the rubber flex boots (had to remove door sill and kick panel cover). Once the wires were inside the door, I used the boot above the speaker to pass the wires through the skin of the door. Connected the power and the up and down signal wires.

Installed the rest of the wires per the WC1000 instructions. (I used a bolt in every door as the ground…making sure that all paint was removed prior to tightening the terminal down).

Test each window by tapping the up signal wire to a ground. Window should roll up. Do the same with the down signal. I also tested each door at the local switch and the driver’s door for auto up/down functionality as well.

Passenger rear: Same as above, but fishing the wires from the passenger compartment to the door was different. These doors have connectors on the truck side of the flexible boot. There are only 2 pins unoccupied on the Crewmax Limited and we need three (so using factory pins was not an option for me).

I chose to cut away the male side of the plug’s top and bottom. Notching the plug allowed it to retain its closing capability, but now also allowed two passages for wires to be pulled through it (the female already has factory holes in it). I fished 2 wires through the top hole and 1 wire through the bottom.

Once the wires were fished from the passenger compartment to the door, I drilled a hole in the door below the speaker. This hole allowed the newly fished wires from inside the door cavity, to pass through a grommet and out to where I mounted the WC1000. Wired all per the instructions and tested prior to reassembly.

Rear window:
    The motor for this window is on the passenger side near the jack/lug wrench storage. I removed the plastic skin in front of the motor by pulling out the plastic knob and all of the other friction tabs. Mounted the WC1000 with 3M tape, and wired per the instructions. Tested prior to reassembly.

Driver rear: Same as passenger side.

Driver front: Same as passenger side but requires 5 wires to be fished through the door (+12v, Up Signal, Down Signal, Lock Signal, and Unlock Signal). Once the wires were fished from the passenger compartment to the door, I drilled a hole in the door below the speaker. This hole allowed the newly fished wires from inside the door cavity, to pass through a grommet and out to where I mounted the WC1000.

Name:	DSC04314.jpg 
Views:	1264 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	52325

The Lock Signal wire splices directly into the line that sees 12V when any lock button is pressed (FOB too). The Unlock signal wire needs a 33k Ohm resistor added in series to the signal wire (see schematic and “Wiring” section).

I mounted the WC1000, wired per the instructions, and tested all functions. I left this panel off for the rest of the install to leave access to the signal wires while installing the rest of the system.

Name:	DSC04328.jpg 
Views:	1215 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	52326

Wiring

Windows: I “daisy chained” all three wires (12V, Up, and Down) with a connection at every entry point to the passenger compartment (all four doors). I would have rather made the connection at the WC1000 itself, but that would drive twice as many wires going through the flexible boots that join the doors and the cab.

Unlock Signal (blue wire of drivers door lock actuator): Gets 12V anytime a unlock button is pressed either on the driver door or the FOB. Two (programmable) of these signal inputs within 4 seconds turn on the “Down” TR-7 which momentarily closes the relay that connects all the WC1000’s down signal wires to a “ground”. All the windows travel all the way down with just this momentary “grounding”.

Lock Signal (white wire of drivers door lock actuator): Gets 12V anytime a lock button is pressed either on the driver door or the FOB**. Two (programmable) of these signal inputs within 4 seconds turn on the “Up” TR-7 which momentarily closes the relay that connects all the WC1000’s up signal wires to a “ground”. All the windows travel all the way up with just this momentary “grounding”.

**For some reason my truck also had voltage (0.4v or so) sent through this wire on the unlock command. I added a 33k ohm resistor since that 0.4 voltage kept triggering both the down and up TR-7’s (see pic below). Without this resistor the lock command would not make the windows would roll up since the “down” TR-7 was active at the same time as the “up”.

Name:	DSC04337.jpg 
Views:	1194 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	52327

Sunroof Power:
    With the ignition off, there is no power to the sunroof. One TR-7 was connected to the “Lock” Signal (white wire of drivers door lock actuator) to power the Sunroof when it senses one Lock Signal from either pressing the FOB lock or the switch on the drivers door 1X. Program #15 was used to sense one signal and then latch on for a programmed time (15sec). I chose twice as long as it takes to open/close the sunroof.

A second TR-7 was programmed with the same features but was used to sense the “Unlock” signal

Both the TR-7’s that feed the power to the sunroof do so through the same relay (so lock or unlock 1X powers the sunroof up for 15 seconds). Both TR-7’s outputs close the relay connecting 12V power to the sunroof wire in the “A” pillar.

The power feeding the sunroof can be accessed at the drivers side “A” pillar (see pic below). The blue wire only provides 12V with ignition on. I spliced the blue wire so that the relay that the TR-7’s turn on powers up the sunroof with the ignition off (second pic below).

Name:	DSC04329.jpg 
Views:	1159 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	52328

Name:	DSC04334.jpg 
Views:	1173 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	52329

Sunroof Open/Close: The panel that contains the sunroof switch can be accessed by removing the four torx screws holding the upper console in place.

The connector on the back of the switch shows 5 wires. The black is the ground. When the white and the black connect, the sunroof opens (Note: I used a blue wire to extend the white wire to the relay). When the gray and the black connect, the sunroof closes (Note: I used a white wire to extend the gray wire to the relay).

Name:	DSC04338.jpg 
Views:	1151 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	52330

Ready for reassembly:

Name:	DSC04342.jpg 
Views:	1166 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	52331

I used a relay to connect the white and black upon getting a signal from the “Down” TR-7 blue wire output. I used a second relay to connect the gray and black upon getting a signal from the “Up” TR-7 blue wire output. I mounted these relays near the overhead console.

“Close” relay:

Name:	DSC04345.jpg 
Views:	1160 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	52332

“Open” relay:

Name:	DSC04348.jpg 
Views:	1162 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	52333

Summary:
    Logically:

Lock 1X :

Sunroof “Lock” TR7 Powers Sunroof supply relay for 15 seconds

Lock 2X:

Window “Up” TR7 Closes Relay with all WC1000’s close wire connecting them to “ground”
    Window “Up” TR7 Closes Relay connecting sunroof gray to black wire

Unlock 1X :

Sunroof “Unlock” TR7 Powers Sunroof supply relay for 15 seconds

Unlock 2X:

Window “Down” TR7 Closes Relay with all WC1000’s open wire connecting them to “ground”
    Window “Down” TR7 Closes Relay connecting sunroof white to black wire

http://home.comcast.net/~niedejb/pics2/allclose.MPG

http://home.comcast.net/~niedejb/pics2/allopen.MPG

http://home.comcast.net/~niedejb/pics/MOV04299.MPG

http://home.comcast.net/~niedejb/pics/MOV04303.MPG

Oh yeah and pics of my new to me '08 CrewMax

Name:	DSC04278.jpg 
Views:	1169 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	52334

Name:	DSC04271.jpg 
Views:	1161 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	52335

Name:	DSC04275.jpg 
Views:	1158 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	52336
    Last edited by niedejb; 06-24-2010 at 07:26 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    53 times

Default Re: Auto Power Window Up and Down How To

Holy giant photos Batman!

Welcome to the forum - that writeup is a great way to introduce yourself. Where did you order the AutoLocs from?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Sorry bout the pics...thought the forum would shrink em to window size.

amazon.com was the best price I could find. Shipped quick too.

Liked
    15 times
    Images

someones gonna get a moderator to yell at em for the pic sizes hahahaa
    2007 Super White DC SR5 , TRD OffRoad; Sand Beige leather, 4.7, tinted windows, OEM running boards, tow mirrors with chrome covers, Armorlid tonneau, billet grille, aftermarket reverse sensors, flowmaster true duals with 3.5 rolled edge stainless tips, Sirius added via OEM module, 5000K HID lowbeams, KMC XD Hoss 20'' wheels in gloss black, Nitto Terra Grappler AT 285/55/20's, chrome door handle covers, smoothed and painted tailgate handle, 3 inch lift/levelling kit,1.5'' Rough Country lift blocks in rear, DVD headrest player/monitors, Rostra backup camera, SS bull bar with 6'' lights, Faux Carbon Fiber dash,console and door trim. Work stuff: red/blue LEDs in grille, headlight wig wag flasher, red/blue LED windshield light, red/blue LED deck lights in back glass, red/blue split 4 LED lights either side of license plate, wig wag backup and brake lamps. 100 watt siren and PA.

Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    what barney said sounds reasonable
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSinMD View Post
    what barney said sounds reasonable

Mark it eight, Dude... MaylonTRD's Avatar
    Liked
    124 times
    Images

Great way to start out on a forum! And yes those are some HUUUUUUGE pictures!!
    2014 4Runner Limited Blizzard Pearl- Wife's
    2014 Tundra CM SR5 5.7l TSS Edition Magnetic Gray ProComp 6", XD809 18x9 -12 offset, trail grappler 35x12.50

2007 Tundra CM SR5 5.7 2WD TRD Slate SOLD
    Skyjacker 6" lift, BFG KO 305/65R18 (33.7"x12.2") XD Hoss Chrome 18x9 +30 offset, Go Rhino Dominator II Nerf Bars, Debadged, AFE Pro Dry Drop-in Craven Speed Stubby Antenna, HomeLink Rear View Mirror, Ranch Hand Grille Guard, Custom Spintech Muffler, Pioneer head unit, RF shallow mount sub, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator

Liked
    0 times

at least they are high res lol. nice write up. will fed ex my truck and you can get this done for me. welcome
    clever comment goes here.

2010 CM 5.7 4x4
    - White, boring and finally freaking here

Liked
    5 times
    Images

Nice write up. I had no idea one of these was available.
    Welcome to the forum.
    2007 Double Cab Long Bed 5.7 4X4 SR5
    Mamba M4 22x9.5 +35mm w/Nitto Trail Grappler 285/55R22, Rancho Quicklift & RS9000, OME CS055R rear leaf springs & shackles

Liked
    11 times
    Images

That is awesome and looks cool, but not very practical. I'm I missing something? I think I just don't understand. I thought it was something, then I watched the video

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Leave the truck with all the windows down and hit lock twice as you walk away to lock it and roll up all 5 windows of the crewmax is why I did it.

Walking up to it on a hot day...unlock twice and all windows come down. Handy way to vent the truck prior to getting in.

Bluetooth calls come in on the insterstate with any window down...lock lock on the driver door switch and all the windows come up.
    Last edited by niedejb; 06-07-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

So if i get what your saying that just one ulock or lock and nothing will happen but if you push it twice they will?
    Dont you need to hit unlock twice as is to unlock all doors? Will that be an issue in cold weather/snow/rain? unlock the car for everyone to get in and all the windows go down?
    If not then let me know this would be something I would be interested in doing if it worked.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by jcxstar13 View Post
    So if i get what your saying that just one ulock or lock and nothing will happen but if you push it twice they will?
    Yes. That is correct.

Dont you need to hit unlock twice as is to unlock all doors?
    No. On my limited crewmax I have the ability to set the options to unlock all doors with 1 press of the unlock from the FOB.

Will that be an issue in cold weather/snow/rain? unlock the car for everyone to get in and all the windows go down?
    If not then let me know this would be something I would be interested in doing if it worked.
    The TR-7 can also be programmed for 3x, 4x, 5x, presses etc (its user defined).

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Huge Tundra = Huge Pictures.

Welcome and great mod!!! Points sent...
    Last edited by 671Tundra; 06-08-2010 at 07:29 AM.

2008 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7 4x4: Airaid CAD, Gibson Dual Turndown Exhaust, Billet Grill and Bumper Inserts, 6" ICON Coilovers Upgrade from PC Stage 1, ICON Billet UCAs, ICON Rear Piggyback Shocks, Eagle Alloy Wheels 197, NITTO Trail Grappler 35x12.5x18, Factory Fog Light Addition, Black Headlight Mod, Custom Skid Plate, ICON Shift Knob, Custom Tow Hooks, Line X - XTRA, Fab Fours Rear Bumper, White Knuckle Offroad Rock Sliders.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

cool that is what I wanted to know. I think i will have to give this mod a try. Any chance you took some pics of the set up with the door pannels off and how you rigged it up?
    How much did you spend on the parts?

Liked
    8 times

Awesome write up, but I lost you at "Everyone knows that the Autoloc WC1000 can make all the windows auto up/down.", lol!! Seriously, it looks like a great project to work on. Do you know if it is possible to do this on an SR5? Does the TR-7 operate in the same fashion on both the Limited and SR5 Tundras?
    11 Sienna SE FWD Black!! (Wife's Car)
    07 Tundra CrewMax 4x4 S/C 5.7L SR5 Silver Sky Metallic...
    Is modding ever complete? I think NOT!!

Liked
    0 times

It does... it's just a programmable "pulse sensor"...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast