Question How to change a brake light bulb?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: How to change a brake light bulb?

Liked
    0 times

Default How to change a brake light bulb?

How do get the lens out?? '07 DC. Is it the two smaller torx heads that are revealed when you open the tail gate? OR do you have to twist your arm like a pretzle from underneath the rear bumper?
    BTW I did do a search but came up with nothing helpful. . . . .
    My CPA tells me that crime really does pay . . . . . . Skid

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Veteran Member
    Liked
    11 times

Default Re: How to change a brake light bulb?

Just installed tail light guards on my Crewmax. Like most trucks, it's those two torx head screws. Take em out, then pull each lense gently (I believe sideways away from the body.) Not too hard and not all the way off yet cause the bulbs and wiring harnesses are still attached. Just enough to get the lenses off the brackets.

Once it comes off, reach in and twist each of the three bulb sockets and they'll pop out of the holes so you can remove the lense comletely. Each bulb socket is the right size for only one hole so you can't mix them up.
    09 Crewmax 4x4 5.7.
    Stampede bug deflector/ventvisors
    Matching front tint.
    Stereo by Pioneer/Hertz/Eclipse/Alpine.

A left and right tail light lense, a front and rear door skin, and one passenger side paint job later, she finally says 'it's just too big, I don't think I like driving it anymore.'

Liked
    15 times
    Images

yup. just like is stated above. just like any other truck since the 80s when they had exposed screws in the lenses.
    2007 Super White DC SR5 , TRD OffRoad; Sand Beige leather, 4.7, tinted windows, OEM running boards, tow mirrors with chrome covers, Armorlid tonneau, billet grille, aftermarket reverse sensors, flowmaster true duals with 3.5 rolled edge stainless tips, Sirius added via OEM module, 5000K HID lowbeams, KMC XD Hoss 20'' wheels in gloss black, Nitto Terra Grappler AT 285/55/20's, chrome door handle covers, smoothed and painted tailgate handle, 3 inch lift/levelling kit,1.5'' Rough Country lift blocks in rear, DVD headrest player/monitors, Rostra backup camera, SS bull bar with 6'' lights, Faux Carbon Fiber dash,console and door trim. Work stuff: red/blue LEDs in grille, headlight wig wag flasher, red/blue LED windshield light, red/blue LED deck lights in back glass, red/blue split 4 LED lights either side of license plate, wig wag backup and brake lamps. 100 watt siren and PA.

Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    what barney said sounds reasonable
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSinMD View Post

Liked
    15 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by eharri3 View Post
    Just installed tail light guards on my Crewmax. Like most trucks, it's those two torx head screws. Take em out, then pull each lense gently (I believe sideways away from the body.) Not too hard and not all the way off yet cause the bulbs and wiring harnesses are still attached. Just enough to get the lenses off the brackets.

Once it comes off, reach in and twist each of the three bulb sockets and they'll pop out of the holes so you can remove the lense comletely. Each bulb socket is the right size for only one hole so you can't mix them up.
    did you do the metal guards? if so, post up a pic....
    2007 Super White DC SR5 , TRD OffRoad; Sand Beige leather, 4.7, tinted windows, OEM running boards, tow mirrors with chrome covers, Armorlid tonneau, billet grille, aftermarket reverse sensors, flowmaster true duals with 3.5 rolled edge stainless tips, Sirius added via OEM module, 5000K HID lowbeams, KMC XD Hoss 20'' wheels in gloss black, Nitto Terra Grappler AT 285/55/20's, chrome door handle covers, smoothed and painted tailgate handle, 3 inch lift/levelling kit,1.5'' Rough Country lift blocks in rear, DVD headrest player/monitors, Rostra backup camera, SS bull bar with 6'' lights, Faux Carbon Fiber dash,console and door trim. Work stuff: red/blue LEDs in grille, headlight wig wag flasher, red/blue LED windshield light, red/blue LED deck lights in back glass, red/blue split 4 LED lights either side of license plate, wig wag backup and brake lamps. 100 watt siren and PA.

Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSinMD View Post