Pros' and Cons'

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Pros' and Cons'

Supporter
    Liked
    4 times

Default Pros' and Cons'

I am considering trading in my 08 sr5 on a new 10/11 tundra. I am considering if I want another sr5, or perhaps the rock warrior. I am looking for reasons to get either, and the draw backs. I will drive the heck out of it, and then trade it back again in 2 yrs.

I own a buisiness and this is my only depreciation I have for it, soo, it only makes sense for me to do this. Yes it helps me on taxes that much.

So, with that out of the way, it's looking like I drive about 38-40k per year. I am at 75k and I bought it new in 08.

As far as comfort will the rock have it? Or is the sr5 that much more comfortable? As for the power seats, don't care at all about them. I need the towing and want the back up camera. I prefer the seats over the bench, but, for long drives, 6 hours or less, a few times a week, is the rock comfortable enough or will the suspension beat the crap outa me?

Thanks, again I love my 08, but, just debating this in my mind.

chucky

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default Re: Pros' and Cons'

Actual seats are the same in the "bench" seat or "bucket" seat trucks the only difference is the center console. I would think the chrome bumpers would hold up better to high mileage on the SR5 also look more professional on a business vehicle than the RW. The RW suspension is only slightly different than the TRD or base truck, doubt you could tell any difference in comfort driving them.
    2010 CM 4X4 5.7 Super White
    5100s on middle setting
    Michelin AT/2 load range E 275/70/18

Liked
    0 times

I just bought a rock warrior 2 weeks ago and love it. I am also a business man and drive quite a bit for hours at a time. I have bucket seats with cloth interior and they are comfortable, very comfortable. The suspension is just fine and won't beat the crap out of you like a F250 would. I had a client ride in mine today and mentioned he thought it road like a cadi.. You will love the truck and there are no drawbacks I could mention as long as you like the style. Mine has most everything Sr5s have, but you would have to add or order the camera. Go for it, they're bad a$$
    2010 TUNRA TRD ROCK WARRIOR CREW-MAX 4x4.
    N-Fab steps, TRD cai, DARK tint, 3/1 pro comp level kit, spintech muffler, weathertech everything, Viper 5901, poineer 8200, boston components all doors

ALSO-1992 Toyota Pickup, single cab 22re, 4x4, auborn limited slip, 31 BFG AT KO,cold A/C, new black paint job, pacesetter exhaust, dodge neon bucket seats

Liked
    0 times

Also having a larger profile to your tire since you will have 17" wheels (compared to 18's or 20's like other tundra's), will help with the ride. BFG AT KO tires have good road manners and like I said, the size helps with soaking up bumps with the tire.
    N-Fab steps, TRD cai, DARK tint, 3/1 pro comp level kit, spintech muffler, weathertech everything, Viper 5901, poineer 8200, boston components all doors

ALSO-1992 Toyota Pickup, single cab 22re, 4x4, auborn limited slip, 31 BFG AT KO,cold A/C, new black paint job, pacesetter exhaust, dodge neon bucket seats

Supporter
    Liked
    4 times

thanks guys. that is alot of help. I hate to loose the comfortable ride. If I go rw, they have a black and white, any suggestions? As I know the paint sucks on both.

Liked
    0 times

Not sure why you say the paint sucks,, but I have the black one. My old tundra was white and I liked it fine, but I like black better just because you can't beat a clean black truck IMO.

Liked
    103 times

I've got a RW and love it! The front bumper is plastic.... not sure how a chrome bumper will fare better...? I got the white because I like the clean look and its a lot cooler on hot days than the black. I tinted the windows, did the BHLM and painted the chrome Toyota emblem black. I don't think the Tundra looks right with chrome...

The ride is very comfortable to me. The stock tires will last a LOT longer than than the stock crappy Bridgestones on a non RW truck. The back up camera is awesome and really helps with a tall truck, especially parking and backinp up to tiny little cars you can't see over the tailgate!!!
    2010 white RW DC
    Rostra backup camera, TRD sway bar, BHLM, LineX
    folding seat mod, dual 2.25 Powersticks
    JL Audio 8w3v3 sub w/Kenwood KAC-8104D amp, Polk DB651s fronts, dash tweeter bypass
    non-relay anytime fog light mod, Firestone Ride-Rite airbags