My Parking lights wont turn on, but the hazards and turn signals work perfect

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Parking lights wont turn on, but the hazards and turn signals work perfect

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default My Parking lights wont turn on, but the hazards and turn signals work perfect

alright sorry for typing this if it has been answered somewhere but im in a rush, and this is a customers truck. its a 2007 tundra with non DRL's and im guessing the parking light relay is burnt since the parking lights wont come on, but the hazards and turn signals still work. any ideas? im going to try a different relay and report back! thanks for all the help! also is the relay for this in the engine bay? i couldnt find it at a quick glance. ill be back soon thanks everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    110 times

Default Re: My Parking lights wont turn on, but the hazards and turn signals work perfect

Check your fuses. There is a seperate fuse for the parking lights and the hazards.
    2010 white RW DC
    Rostra backup camera, TRD sway bar, BHLM, LineX
    folding seat mod, dual 2.25 Powersticks (too loud while towing... back to stock exhaust)
    JL Audio 8w3v3 sub w/Kenwood KAC-8104D amp, Polk DB651s fronts, dash tweeter bypass
    non-relay anytime fog light mod, Firestone Ride-Rite airbags

Liked
    326 times
    Images

Default Re: My Parking lights wont turn on, but the hazards and turn signals work perfect

Last edited by mendonsy; 10-01-2010 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Added wiring
    07' SR5 DC 4x4, 5.7, TRD
    Toyota SS steps
    ARE MX cap
    AMP bed step

DIY underseat storage
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    Weathertech Vent Visors
    Ultragauge EM
    Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    Techstream

CBTMA member
    aip override 1.1.pdf
    Block Off Plate

Liked
    0 times

and the relay is in the drivers side of the dash way up on the left side.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by imtfox View Post
    and the relay is in the drivers side of the dash way up on the left side.
    ok thanks, is the fuse for the parking lights in there too? what is the fuse for the parking lights called? i cant seem to find which fuse it is lol

Liked
    326 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TundraNSRT View Post
    ok thanks, is the fuse for the parking lights in there too? what is the fuse for the parking lights called? i cant seem to find which fuse it is lol
    It is in the fuse panel under the dash. It is a 15 amp (blue) labeled TAIL. The labels are on the inside of the fuse panel cover.
    07' SR5 DC 4x4, 5.7, TRD
    Toyota SS steps
    ARE MX cap
    AMP bed step

DIY underseat storage
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    Weathertech Vent Visors
    Ultragauge EM
    Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    Techstream

CBTMA member
    aip override 1.1.pdf
    Block Off Plate

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

oh i would have never guessed the parking lights are labeled "tail" lol anyhow thank you very much! im really hopeing the fuse is burnt instead of the relay. the relay costs alot more lol thanks for all the help ill check that fuse!

Liked
    326 times
    Images

The fuse is there to protect the relay and wiring. Most of those relays are rated at least 20 amps. About the only way you could damage it would be a dead short in the wiring.
    If you don't find a bad fuse it could also be a bad connection somewhere. If you turn on the parking lights you should be able to hear a click from the relay.
    07' SR5 DC 4x4, 5.7, TRD
    Toyota SS steps
    ARE MX cap
    AMP bed step

DIY underseat storage
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    Weathertech Vent Visors
    Ultragauge EM
    Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    Techstream

CBTMA member
    aip override 1.1.pdf
    Block Off Plate

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

...I had the same prob! It was the 15A fuse, under the kick panel

Liked
    23 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mendonsy View Post
    It is in the fuse panel under the dash. It is a 15 amp (blue) labeled TAIL. The labels are on the inside of the fuse panel cover.

Thanks for the post. I had the same problem and was pulling my hair out. I never knew there was another fuse box under the dash. I could not find any mention of it in the owner's manual either.
    Ken
    To many mods to list...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.