My Bulletproof Lift Kit Review =] (LOTS of PIX)

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Bulletproof Lift Kit Review =] (LOTS of PIX)

Liked
    1 times

Default My Bulletproof Lift Kit Review =] (LOTS of PIX)

So as you all know, I recently got my 10''-12'' Bullet Proof Lift Kit put on. Ive been dying to have a lift kit by this company since when I had my Nissan Titan and now I have it on my 2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax. I was a little iffy on the BP lift kit for a little bit after doing a lot of reading and seeing all these other lift kits. I wasnt iffy because of the quality or anything like that, just iffy because I didnt know if I would like having such a big truck (this is my first lifted truck), where the heck I was going to park (Most parking garages here I barely fit with my leveling kit), how much gas was going to cost and all that good stuff. But ill tell you that im glad I decided to go big and get the BP lift! I think if I got a 6''-7'' kit I wouldnt be satisfied or happy. This thing is a MONSTER and man does it turn a lot of heads! Especially on the Las Vegas Strip haha.

I know Banger has already done a review on the kit but Ive had friends ask me to do one as well and Ive been wanting to do one anyways. So lets get started.

The ride:
    Surprisingly, my Tundra still drives really well! Almost as if its stock off the dealership lot. And im not exaggerating... even though I still have the spacer that comes with the kit, the truck feels and handles well. I thought it would be really rough and super aggressive on the road but its not. But on the other hand, most of the roads I drive on out here are pretty smooth. I have drove on a couple of bad rough roads and ill say its still pretty smooth with the spacer and no coilovers but when it comes to pot holes or big cracks in the road, i can feel those a lot more than i would in a stock suspension vehicle. But my future coilover setup will take care of that =].
    The most surprising thing out of the ride with this huge lift is that I can still make U-TURNS with out hitting/jumping a curb or having to do a half u-turn, reverse, and then go. See video attachment. Haha yes I took a video for proof! =]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyStr9W6cMY
    So along with my video I have pictures of the clearance in the fender well. Im running 38'' Toyo Open Country MT's and it looks like I can squeeze 40's just with coilovers cranked up. (Looks, doesnt mean I can. haha)

Measurements: (Sorry for the dirty truck...)
    Stock:
    Front Fender = 36.5''
    Rear Fender = 40''
    Cab Height = I didnt measure that when I had it... anyone wanna let me know?

Bullet Proof Lift Kit:
    (put all measurements in a new pic with a nicely detailed truck! =] )

But if you guys want a specific measurement, just let me know. Ill do my best to keep up with any request.
    The Suspension.

I know i need coilovers... those are coming soon. But its good to experience this lift without them cause it just goes to show how well our trucks are built and how well this kit is built because it still rides amazing with this spacer.

I need new shocks... I know... they are on the list. lol

Dont mind the exhaust... still waitin to decide on my setup and the tail pipe doesnt clean the atlas leafs... =/ i know its bad to run like this and im working on it. lol

Here are a couple pix of my 12'' next to 6'' lifts and one lowered.
    All these 6'' lifts are stage 2's, the blue streak has his cranked all the way up too.

Mileage:
    I dont have a speedo calibrator yet, so I dont have any kind of correct readings... if anyone knows how to get the correct readins without using one of those let me know. (Hypertech or Proocomp, if your reading this, Hook me up!) haha I can tell you that my mileage isnt really bad. I still get pretty good mileage for being on 38's with a big lift. My display readin tells me im gettin between 11-13 mpgs. If I were to guess what the correct readin would be after being calibrated, I would say about 12-14 maybe higher? Idk... I still drive aggressively too so dont think I baby it. The only time I baby it is when im crusin the strip, just so I can see everyone staring and it gives them time to take better pix =]

Dirt Roads and minor off roading:
    It does really well off of the road. Doesnt drift where ever it wants to go even if im not holding the wheel. I havent gone too crazy off the road yet, im waitin to do that when I get new tires and my coilover set up. It still climbs like a champ too in 4wd, I didnt have to give it any gas to make it go up this.

I know its not anything huge, but climbin up that in 4wd without pushin the peddle on 38's was impressive to me.

12'' drop hitch we sell at my store.

All I have to say is that I love being taller than almost everythin on the road, and itll be even better when I get my coillovers so I can crank those up to complete the 12'' kit =]
    I have no complaints at all on this kit. I got a lot of help from the forums on what kit I wanted to get and as well from Bryan @ Bulletproof and it really helped lead me in the direction I wanted to go with my truck. I hope this thread I made will help a lot of you who have been thinking about getting this lift kit. It really is a great kit and sometimes I wish it was bigger! But the only way to really make it bigger is to do a body lift, and im not a fan of those... If anyone has any questions at all, please feel free to ask. Ill try to get back to you as soon as I can and try to answer your questions as best as I can.

Sorry for the long post and all the pictures. =]
    Last edited by ninja ed; 12-08-2010 at 07:35 PM.

No Fear Grille, 20x12 Fuel Hostage, AMP Steps, Pocket Style Flares, A.R.E. LSX, , 3 KC 800's, AD Bumper Insert, Oracle Halos, 12'' Bulletproof Lift, 37'' SS-M16, Volant, 26'' PowerSticks w/ RBP Tips, and much more!
    Cardomain page

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Default Re: My Bulletproof Lift Kit Review =] (LOTS of PIX)

DAMMMMMMMM thats huge. and you might want to re size the pics . looks amazing though.
    More Power!!!!!
    5.7 Limited Tundra Silver Sky Metallic, 35% tint front windows facotry on the rest, Yellow 42w foglights, Black headlight mod, Volant cold air, Magnaflow Exhaust, Oem skid plate, Debaged, 4in stub antenna, 6/8 Lowered Peaced Together Kit, Belltech Shock and Strust, TRD Front Lowering Springs, TRD Leaf Pack, Flip Kit, Shaved tailgate handle, Auto TailGate off of the Key Fob, CW Roll pan, Upgraded sub to MTX, Added Poinner Amp 200x1RMS

Liked
    2 times

huge pics but sweet setup! nice truck man, were those pictures from a meet?
    '12 Super White CM TRD 4x4 5.7

Liked
    5 times
    Images

WoW.... Those are some huge pics....but looks great, great job.

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 5.7 SR5 4x4 RadiantRed
    Bilstein 5100
    AFe Dry CAI
    MBRP 3" XP Cat Back
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Crew Cab Texas Edition
    Silver Streak
    Borla Cat Back
    K&N CAI

Liked
    1 times

Sorry for the huge pix... Imageshack was being stupid and wouldn't resize them kept gettin an error... Anyone wanna fix them for me? Haha

And yes some of those pix were from a meet. Funny thing is, it was kind of planned around some members just wanting to see my new lift and setup haha.

No Fear Grille, 20x12 Fuel Hostage, AMP Steps, Pocket Style Flares, A.R.E. LSX, , 3 KC 800's, AD Bumper Insert, Oracle Halos, 12'' Bulletproof Lift, 37'' SS-M16, Volant, 26'' PowerSticks w/ RBP Tips, and much more!
    Cardomain page

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Huge truck = Huge Pics.
    08 grade crew max 5.7 modded with - Pace Edwards Bedlocker, 15% tint all around, 30% windshield, Raptor Step bars, DT LONG TUBES, Banks Monster single out, Craven Speed Stubby antenna, K & N 77 Series CAI, Polk Audio DB6501 components (front), Polk Audio DB651 (rear), Pioneer AVHP4100DVD (Head unit), Polk Audio MM1040 DVC (sub), JBL GTO5355 5 Channel (amp), BOYO back up camera, TRD Sway Bar, Unichip, color matched grille surround and emblem, DDM HID 35w 5000K Lows & Fogs.

Mark it eight, Dude... MaylonTRD's Avatar
    Liked
    122 times
    Images

The pics are so big that I can't even see anything on my tiny netbook. Maybe a mod can resize them.......

Thanks for the write up though!
    2014 4Runner Limited Blizzard Pearl- Wife's
    2014 Tundra CM SR5 5.7l TSS Edition Magnetic Gray ProComp 6", XD809 18x9 -12 offset, trail grappler 35x12.50

2007 Tundra CM SR5 5.7 2WD TRD Slate SOLD
    Skyjacker 6" lift, BFG KO 305/65R18 (33.7"x12.2") XD Hoss Chrome 18x9 +30 offset, Go Rhino Dominator II Nerf Bars, Debadged, AFE Pro Dry Drop-in Craven Speed Stubby Antenna, HomeLink Rear View Mirror, Ranch Hand Grille Guard, Custom Spintech Muffler, Pioneer head unit, RF shallow mount sub, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator

Liked
    1 times

Sorry, yea they don't even load all the way on my iPhone. I didn't have a chance to resize them last night. Ill try tonight when i get off work.

Cardomain page

Liked
    11 times
    Images

WOW that's a mean rig! respect given...

Liked
    37 times

Please remove the pics until you resize them.

I don't off road but what's the purpose of going so high if the differential is still at the stock height? You're getting more clearance but won't you still bottom out on it?
    2008 Sequoia Platinum (8 passenger) 4x4 5.7 V8; Debadged/30% tint over factory with 20% front/LED rear foglights/White Knight RLS/V-LEDs LPF/Silverstar Ultra/Lexus LS460 bi-xenon HID projectors with 5000k Osram CBI/Philips DRL8/Lockpic navigation override/Locking gas cap/TRD intake flow accelerator/K&N panel filter/K&N filter minder/5000k LED license plate bulbs/Big Daddy horns/SET exhaust tip/Factory color matched (B&I SEQUOIA emblem insert, brake calipers, side-view mirrors, b-pillars, c-pillars)/summer 22 Giovanna Caracas w/Yokohama Parada 305/45/22/winter 18" OEM steel wheels powder-coated black w/Bridgestone Dueler A/T "Revo 2" 255/70/18

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by JMSinMD View Post
    Please remove the pics until you resize them.

I don't off road but what's the purpose of going so high if the differential is still at the stock height? You're getting more clearance but won't you still bottom out on it?
    Dude, I can see the pics fine, there just a bit large. Lifting the truck that high is just cool and it doesnt have to be for perfomance, but just to drive a big big truck and that's cool.

Nice lift!
    2010 TUNRA TRD ROCK WARRIOR CREW-MAX 4x4.
    N-Fab steps, TRD cai, DARK tint, 3/1 pro comp level kit, spintech muffler, weathertech everything, Viper 5901, poineer 8200, boston components all doors

ALSO-1992 Toyota Pickup, single cab 22re, 4x4, auborn limited slip, 31 BFG AT KO,cold A/C, new black paint job, pacesetter exhaust, dodge neon bucket seats

Liked
    20 times

Quote Originally Posted by whiteTXtundra View Post
    Dude, I can see the pics fine, there just a bit large. Lifting the truck that high is just cool and it doesnt have to be for perfomance, but just to drive a big big truck and that's cool.

Nice lift!
    +1...there showing up just fine on my 24" wide-screen monitor. What are you guys complaining about

Liked
    1 times

There's lots of reasons for lifting it this high...
    It's not only cool, it's sick! It can be for show (Which are plans in the works) and it can be put to use. This beast still handles very well off the road and that's with the spacer still. Imagine when i get my coilovers. I can be like the Eibach 12"+ 3" body tundra and be a chase truck! I can still clear a lot of things without hitting my axle or dif, and even if I were worried to hit it i would try to avoid it or get a cage built around the rear just like there's a cage for the front. It's still a work in progress. Lots of stuff i still need to add to my tundra and the bulletproof kit was the most important part. There's not a lot of ways to get ur dif to have a lot of clearance other then having a big enough lift to fit 40"+ tires and that still doesn't really do much.

Love my lift kit and I love the reactions I get from people who cut me off not realizing what they were cutting off in the first place.

Sorry for the pix. I won't delete them but i will resize them later.

Cardomain page

Liked
    1 times
    Images

That's one bada$$ lift... what did it cost you? haha j/k.

You know you got that big lift to look at vegas chicks who wear short skirts that ride up while driving. haha I haven't seen any yet... I don't think i'm high enough.

2008 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7 4x4: Airaid CAD, Gibson Dual Turndown Exhaust, Billet Grill and Bumper Inserts, 6" ICON Coilovers Upgrade from PC Stage 1, ICON Billet UCAs, ICON Rear Piggyback Shocks, Eagle Alloy Wheels 197, NITTO Trail Grappler 35x12.5x18, Factory Fog Light Addition, Black Headlight Mod, Custom Skid Plate, ICON Shift Knob, Custom Tow Hooks, Line X - XTRA, Fab Fours Rear Bumper, White Knuckle Offroad Rock Sliders.

Liked
    1 times

resized the pix finally!
    sorry guys!

Cardomain page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast