1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4.6/5.7 aftermarket exhaust ?

Liked
    0 times

Default 4.6/5.7 aftermarket exhaust ?

Ok, so since the 4.6 is basically a destroked 5.7 to the best of my knowledge, should an aftermarket exhaust for a 2010 5.7 also fit a 2010 4.6? If I search for an exhaust for my 4.6, the pickings are mighty slim but there are a lot more options for the 5.7. The only thing that may be different in my mind may be the pipe diameter, but pipe/hanger placement should be the same. Please correct me if I'm wrong, and thanks in advance for the help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 4.6/5.7 aftermarket exhaust ?

bump. as I'm curious of this as well!

Liked
    53 times

The motor doesn't matter, it's the routing of the exhaust pipes. Also, an exhaust 'designed' for a 5.7 wouldn't necessarily be good for a 4.6 because of less exhaust gas flow.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

ah, good point. I love the sound of the Corsa Sport exhaust system. Any recommendations for that type of sound that would fit a 4.6? I've been looking at MBRP Pro system on youtube, but I'm not sure that it's QUITE loud enough.

Liked
    0 times

5.7 and 4.6 are the same after the first set of cats... so if it fits the 5.7 it WILL fit the 4.6

know from personal experience, mine was designed for the 5.7 and fits my 4.6
    2010 - TOYOTA TUNDRA - 4.6L DC - BLACK - TINTED - NERF BARS - SHORTIE ANTENNA - KN DROP IN FILTER - TRUE DUAL MBRP EXHAUST - MT TIRES - 5100 BILSTEIN LIFT

did i mention... bought and paid for

Liked
    110 times

If you are having trouble finding an exhaust, you might want to consider some powersticks and getting a local shop to route some custom pipes for you. I paid about $500 for 2 powersticks, custom pipes and 2 stainless tips... all welded. The sound is awesome and cheaper than an off the shelf exhaust.
    2010 white RW DC
    Rostra backup camera, TRD sway bar, BHLM, LineX
    folding seat mod, dual 2.25 Powersticks (too loud while towing... back to stock exhaust)
    JL Audio 8w3v3 sub w/Kenwood KAC-8104D amp, Polk DB651s fronts, dash tweeter bypass
    non-relay anytime fog light mod, Firestone Ride-Rite airbags

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times
    Images

Gibson Performance Exhaust used my 2011 DC 4.6 for r&d. They bolted up all the systems they offer for the 5.7 on my truck, and ran it on the dyno. All the systems bolted up the same (with great fitment), and all systems tested with a 10 - 15hp increase. I am running the 3" single exit in stock location, and love it.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 2wd 4.6l with TRD air filter, Gibson Exhaust, CST 2" spacer lift, KMC Skitch 18" x 8.5" +35, BFG AT KO 275/70/18, debaged, color keyed handles, HIDs, and much more to come.

Liked
    126 times
    Images

I have a flowmaster 50 SUV with custom pipes out behind the rear tires... paid 100 for the muffler and 120 install... oh and 20 for the tips. Sounds great... some drone at 1800 RPM, but nothing I cannot handle.
    2010 Slate Metallic DC Tundra 4.6L

Mods:

Auto Dimming Homelink Mirror with Compass, Aftermarket/OEM style fog lights from TRDSparks

MPG Buttons, Color Matched Grille/Handles, Debadged, OEM Stainless Running Boards, Delta Pro Toolbox

Alpine SPS-600C components (Front Doors and Dash), Alpine SPS-600 (Rear Doors), FATMAT on all 4 doors

Pioneer 4300DVD with XOVision Backup Camera

Liked
    2 times
    Images

Cool Re: 4.6/5.7 aftermarket exhaust ?

Quote Originally Posted by So-Cal SR5 View Post
    Gibson Performance Exhaust used my 2011 DC 4.6 for r&d. They bolted up all the systems they offer for the 5.7 on my truck, and ran it on the dyno. All the systems bolted up the same (with great fitment), and all systems tested with a 10 - 15hp increase. I am running the 3" single exit in stock location, and love it.
    Sounds great! Pun intended.
    Thanks for the info.
    2010 Tundra Regular Cab SR5 4.6L 4x4-Towing package, 4.10 rear axle, TRD air filter, Oval step tubes, Leer bed cap w/ tool case, BedRug bedliner, Weather Tech Liners, Towing mirrors, Toyota Bluetooth, MPG us/m Dash Buttons Mod installed. Rostra Rearsight Camera, with view in my mirror, Plug and Play parts from Sparks. "Silver Sky Metallic" color. TRD rear sway bar, 304 stainless steel TRD cat-back dual exhaust. New mod January 2014- Tow mirrors delete, new regular size power & heated with integrated chevron signals.

Liked
    2 times
    Images

Hey guys I was on the TRD website and saw that the have a new dual exhaust cat back system for the 4.6 and the 5.7.
    'Stainless steel, rear left and right outlets, double wall polished tips and an aggressive, powerful v8 sound'
    It says that low and midrange hp and tq are improved. Sounds really good to me!

What do you guys think? Anyone got this yet? Who would have the best price?
    2010 Tundra Regular Cab SR5 4.6L 4x4-Towing package, 4.10 rear axle, TRD air filter, Oval step tubes, Leer bed cap w/ tool case, BedRug bedliner, Weather Tech Liners, Towing mirrors, Toyota Bluetooth, MPG us/m Dash Buttons Mod installed. Rostra Rearsight Camera, with view in my mirror, Plug and Play parts from Sparks. "Silver Sky Metallic" color. TRD rear sway bar, 304 stainless steel TRD cat-back dual exhaust. New mod January 2014- Tow mirrors delete, new regular size power & heated with integrated chevron signals.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.