Question LEER 100XQ Cap (anybody have wiring instructions?)

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: LEER 100XQ Cap (anybody have wiring instructions?)

Liked
    59 times
    Images

Default LEER 100XQ Cap (anybody have wiring instructions?)

Just bought a used Leer Cap for my truck (100xq) and it has the brake-light, dome-light, and keyless-entry locks. The seller didn't have any instructions for the wiring, and I haven't heard back from Leer yet.

Does anybody have instructions on how to connect the wires?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0514.jpg 
Views:	2009 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	58162  
    Last edited by PoPo; 01-13-2011 at 11:35 AM.
    2004 Sequoia 4.7L 4x4
    275/65/17 Hankook I-Pike RW11, Brush guard, 27w LED Aux lights, Ebay Nav, Husky Liners

Also have 2008 Prius, 2006 Honda Cr-V
    Previous: 2010 Tundra CM 4x4 & 2007 Tundra DC 4x4

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    37 times

Default Re: LEER 100XQ Cap (anybody have wiring instructions?)

Truck Caps, Toppers and Camper Shells by LEER

That would be my second call if I was in your shoes.

The first would be a paint shop
    2008 Sequoia Platinum (8 passenger) 4x4 5.7 V8; Debadged/30% tint over factory with 20% front/LED rear foglights/White Knight RLS/V-LEDs LPF/Silverstar Ultra/Lexus LS460 bi-xenon HID projectors with 5000k Osram CBI/Philips DRL8/Lockpic navigation override/Locking gas cap/TRD intake flow accelerator/K&N panel filter/K&N filter minder/5000k LED license plate bulbs/Big Daddy horns/SET exhaust tip/Factory color matched (B&I SEQUOIA emblem insert, brake calipers, side-view mirrors, b-pillars, c-pillars)/summer 22 Giovanna Caracas w/Yokohama Parada 305/45/22/winter 18" OEM steel wheels powder-coated black w/Bridgestone Dueler A/T "Revo 2" 255/70/18

Liked
    59 times
    Images

LOL, yeah I contacted them already and am still awaiting a response. Edited Post #1 with a pic of the wiring harness that's attached to the Shell
    2004 Sequoia 4.7L 4x4
    275/65/17 Hankook I-Pike RW11, Brush guard, 27w LED Aux lights, Ebay Nav, Husky Liners

WT
    Liked
    73 times
    Images

My Leer different model but had the similar molex connector (bets its similar) I have to find my install instructions I got with the harness, if I didn't toss it out already. I will guess the other 2 wires are for the lock mechanism you mentioned your had in your other post, so that will wire up to the lock and unlock wires just like the setup I did for the add on tailgate lock.

I will go in the garage tonight when I get home from work and look for it.
    If I recall its just a simple wire diagram without much for instructions. Like I said stop by a lcoal LEER dealer and I bet they have the adapter/harneses laying around, mine gave me a set for free. I even had them order me replacement lock keys for like 5 bucks or something too. You will probably also need the extra module for the third brake light since our trucks do not have a dedicated brake signal, atleast were I wired mine up didn't I tapped into the 7 pin trailer harness and wired everything up there. I also grabbed my +12V source for the interior lights on this harness no need to run a wire all teh way up to the battery. The only thing is you can't turn them without your truck on, which is good. No chance of draining the battery by accident this way.

Liked
    186 times

I tapped my power from the drivers brake light. Mine is not leer so i cannot help with colors but you can get some 3m taps and a little bit of wire to get it going for now.
    I had to buy my plug but at least I got mine hooked up quickly. It has been running over a year no problem

Liked
    59 times
    Images

Thanks WT... still no response from LEER, so hopefully you didn't throw it away!
    Quote Originally Posted by WT View Post
    My Leer different model but had the similar molex connector (bets its similar) I have to find my install instructions I got with the harness, if I didn't toss it out already. I will guess the other 2 wires are for the lock mechanism you mentioned your had in your other post, so that will wire up to the lock and unlock wires just like the setup I did for the add on tailgate lock.

I will go in the garage tonight when I get home from work and look for it.
    If I recall its just a simple wire diagram without much for instructions. Like I said stop by a lcoal LEER dealer and I bet they have the adapter/harneses laying around, mine gave me a set for free. I even had them order me replacement lock keys for like 5 bucks or something too. You will probably also need the extra module for the third brake light since our trucks do not have a dedicated brake signal, atleast were I wired mine up didn't I tapped into the 7 pin trailer harness and wired everything up there. I also grabbed my +12V source for the interior lights on this harness no need to run a wire all teh way up to the battery. The only thing is you can't turn them without your truck on, which is good. No chance of draining the battery by accident this way.
    2004 Sequoia 4.7L 4x4

WT
    Liked
    73 times
    Images

Here is what I got sorry for the delay I had to bring them into the office to scan in to make it easier to put here for you. I think this may be difference based on the brand of third brake light but think LEER would use the same through the years.

Hope this helps you some, I know the instructions suck for the most part, lucky for me I know how to use a meter and understand wiring.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Liked
    59 times
    Images

Thanks WT - I'll give that a shot.
    2004 Sequoia 4.7L 4x4

Liked
    15 times
    Images

u ever gonna post a pic? i know its mismatched right now but i wanna see how it fits....dammit.
    2007 Super White DC SR5 , TRD OffRoad; Sand Beige leather, 4.7, tinted windows, OEM running boards, tow mirrors with chrome covers, Armorlid tonneau, billet grille, aftermarket reverse sensors, flowmaster true duals with 3.5 rolled edge stainless tips, Sirius added via OEM module, 5000K HID lowbeams, KMC XD Hoss 20'' wheels in gloss black, Nitto Terra Grappler AT 285/55/20's, chrome door handle covers, smoothed and painted tailgate handle, 3 inch lift/levelling kit,1.5'' Rough Country lift blocks in rear, DVD headrest player/monitors, Rostra backup camera, SS bull bar with 6'' lights, Faux Carbon Fiber dash,console and door trim. Work stuff: red/blue LEDs in grille, headlight wig wag flasher, red/blue LED windshield light, red/blue LED deck lights in back glass, red/blue split 4 LED lights either side of license plate, wig wag backup and brake lamps. 100 watt siren and PA.

Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    what barney said sounds reasonable
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSinMD View Post

Liked
    59 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Barney_Fife View Post
    u ever gonna post a pic? i know its mismatched right now but i wanna see how it fits....dammit.
    scroll down to post #36 Long-Distance Leer Shell purchase
    2004 Sequoia 4.7L 4x4

Liked
    305 times
    Images

That doesn't look as bad as I expected it would but does look sorta like the old Ford Bronco two tone.
    It's gonna look great when you get a chance to have it painted.
    07' SR5 DC 4x4, 5.7, TRD
    Toyota SS steps
    ARE MX cap
    AMP bed step

DIY underseat storage
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    Weathertech Vent Visors
    Ultragauge EM
    Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    Techstream

CBTMA member
    aip override 1.1.pdf
    Block Off Plate

Liked
    15 times
    Images

does look like an eddie bauer bronco hahaa...just get the rockrs painted to match and tie it all in hehe. fit looks good...
    2007 Super White DC SR5 , TRD OffRoad; Sand Beige leather, 4.7, tinted windows, OEM running boards, tow mirrors with chrome covers, Armorlid tonneau, billet grille, aftermarket reverse sensors, flowmaster true duals with 3.5 rolled edge stainless tips, Sirius added via OEM module, 5000K HID lowbeams, KMC XD Hoss 20'' wheels in gloss black, Nitto Terra Grappler AT 285/55/20's, chrome door handle covers, smoothed and painted tailgate handle, 3 inch lift/levelling kit,1.5'' Rough Country lift blocks in rear, DVD headrest player/monitors, Rostra backup camera, SS bull bar with 6'' lights, Faux Carbon Fiber dash,console and door trim. Work stuff: red/blue LEDs in grille, headlight wig wag flasher, red/blue LED windshield light, red/blue LED deck lights in back glass, red/blue split 4 LED lights either side of license plate, wig wag backup and brake lamps. 100 watt siren and PA.

Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSinMD View Post

Liked
    59 times
    Images

Hey Barney, just noticed you need to update your Avatar & Sig...

And yeah, I'd be lying if I didn't tell ya there was a second when I thought about painting the upper part of my truck to match the cap, and have an old-fashioned 2-tone truck...lol.

At least it looks decent enough to leave on until I find a shop to do it for the right price...
    2004 Sequoia 4.7L 4x4

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-07-2013, 05:18 AM