Ecoboost (Test Drive) - Page 4

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ecoboost (Test Drive)

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I am not trying to be a dic here but I drive a super crew fx4 EB and just ran a 13.991 with a tune. I will post a pic of the slip and truck when I figure out how. Also, you should know I am looking to trade in my Eco for a crewmax S/C tundra. I don't favor ether truck. I like both very much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Figured it out this pic is how I raced the truck grill guard and all no weight reduction was done. My truck was #14 the other guy was a heavily modded duramax with a bigger turbo and trans and tune. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByAutoguide1353380766.406290.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	91772Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByAutoguide1353380783.001811.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	91773
    Last edited by Dodgehemi0; 11-19-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    155 times
    Images

Default Re: Ecoboost (Test Drive)

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgehemi0 View Post
    I am not trying to be a dic here but I drive a super crew fx4 EB and just ran a 13.991 with a tune. I will post a pic of the slip and truck when I figure out how. Also, you should know I am looking to trade in my Eco for a crewmax S/C tundra. I don't favor ether truck. I like both very much.
    how many turbos have you burned in that speed demon?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

My first run was 15.04 then I started launching better and turned the nannys off and ran 14.2 most of the time the 13.991 was my best run that day.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by deviltundra View Post
    how many turbos have you burned in that speed demon?
    None yet that was the first time I have ever raced the truck. The most boost it produces is 17lbs tuned.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I do like the truck it is just expensive I can get a used tundra with a SC for 5k cheaper. And I really do get great mpg for a truck average in town is 17-18.5 depending how I drive. If my wife drives it she averages 15 or less after a tank.

Liked
    24 times

Just inquisitive, does the EB have lag? I have not driven one. Wifey has a C-250. It's a turbo four cylinder. It's pretty quick and fun to drive but there is some lag there. Just wondering if the EB has any of that? If the Tundra wasn't, I'd be in a F150, prolly 5.0 though.

This thread made me think, I'd signal light race in my old DC all the time. Now that I have a CM, I just drive chill. Not sure why? Maybe that will change.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I had a crewcab Ecoboost fx4 3.73 traded it for a cc raptor 6.2 now have a crewmax 5.7 4wd I can tell you my experience. The Ecoboost I raced a friends 07 crewmax 5.7 4wd on about a 800 ft closed road. We raced 4 times both of us winning 2 times each. On a freeway I can tell you know after owning my tundra he would of beat me everytime. I got it tuned, intake, and exhaust but, we never raced after that. I can say after the mods take off is a lot stronger than my tundra. Now the raptor even after the tune the Eco was faster and so is the tundra. I just wish they would come out with a tuner for tundra. Also if my buddy and I would have raced any further with the untuned Eco he would have caught and passed me.
    Last edited by jhunt47; 11-20-2012 at 02:54 AM.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Yes there is lag it is not bad but there is some.

Liked
    118 times

Quote Originally Posted by tundra heavy duty View Post
    I was having Sirius Sattelite radio put in my tundra today when they bought an ecoboost f-150 for people to test drive to the shop I was having the install done I didn't test drive it but has anybody here driven one and what did you think? (I would love to know how an ecoboost stands up to a 5.7L Iforce)
    I have an '11 crewmax, 4x4, 5.7.
    One of the guys I hunt with, has an '11 ecoboost, crewcab, 4x4.
    I didn't drive it, but I rode in several times this year.
    As far as opinion goes, I like the F150 body style, square stance/look.
    However, the interior felt/looked as cheap/plasticky as any truck out there today.
    The radio/stereo system is really nice and has many advanced features.
    Beats the Tundras radio easily. But that's irrelevant for someone like me.
    The passenger door seemed a little flexy when I closed it. Thought I saw the front/bottom corner wiggle. Also, there is just about as much leg room in the rear of the crewcab F150, even with the smaller cab. However, they accomplished this by having a shallow, fixed seat bottom and paper-thin seat back. Something I wouldn't prefer over the crewmax's setup. But again, it's a matter of preference and needs. It also allows for a 6.5' bed on the F150 without too long of a wheel base.
    As far as factual differences, the ecoboost is geared higher and makes it's peak torque at something like 2500 rpm.
    So, it is a much more relaxed ride. You don't even feel the tranny shifting. A very smooth and linear power delivery.
    Whereas my Tundra has a tow pkg and 4.30 gears, as well as making max torque at much higher rpm, along with higher shift points. You hear/feel every shift and get the illusion that the Tundra is working harder. The F150 also has a much smoother suspension. In comparison, the Tundra rides, shifts, revs like a 3/4 ton work truck and the Ecoboost feels like a caddy.
    And this is pronounced on the crazy, washboard dirt/gravel roads we travel, out where we hunt.
    My buddy's F150 soaked up the road imperfections like they weren't even there.
    I still prefer the Tundra, because I don't mind a truck, riding like a truck, I'll take a V8 over a V6 any day, I couldn't care less about a whiz-bang radio, I don't care for turbos on gas engines, I would rather have the cushy crewmax cab and give up the foot of bed length and I trust Toyota's engineering and customer service more than Ford's.
    That's my overview from riding in one for a week.
    I'd say, if you can get a smokin' deal on one, it's a nice truck.
    But if you're gonna pay the same or more for an ecoboost than an equivelant Tundra, you either have money to waste, basing solely on looks/creature comforts, or you're a diehard Ford fan. Because I think, pound for pound, the Tundra is a better investment for long-term ownership.
    Last edited by RRzxter; 11-20-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    155 times
    Images

here is my over view.
    i have a tundra. i love it.
    THE END!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234