air induction valve

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: air induction valve

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default air induction valve

I was told that I need a new air induction valve, (check engine light was on). It is on order, but will not be released until May 9th, so I'm out of a truck for 2 weeks. This past weekend, I was hauling a boat, and was only able to go 50 mph. Does anyone have a suggestion on finding this part any sooner than May 9th? I have an 07 Crewmax w/ 5.7 liter. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, redbelly

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    296 times
    Images

Default Re: air induction valve

Probably not much you can do about getting the part. You could disconnect your AIP pumps and drive without them until the part gets here. That would keep your truck out of limp mode.
    07' SR5 DC 4x4, 5.7, TRD
    Toyota SS steps
    ARE MX cap
    AMP bed step

DIY underseat storage
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    Weathertech Vent Visors
    Ultragauge EM
    Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    Techstream

CBTMA member
    aip override 1.1.pdf
    Block Off Plate

Liked
    13 times
    Images

i havent followed the thousands of posts about these pumps as closely as i should but i thought that once the truck went into limp mode, that disconnecting them woudlnt do anything? am i wrong? i thought one would have to disconnect them while it was working properly....
    2007 Super White DC SR5 , TRD OffRoad; Sand Beige leather, 4.7, tinted windows, OEM running boards, tow mirrors with chrome covers, Armorlid tonneau, billet grille, aftermarket reverse sensors, flowmaster true duals with 3.5 rolled edge stainless tips, Sirius added via OEM module, 5000K HID lowbeams, KMC XD Hoss 20'' wheels in gloss black, Nitto Terra Grappler AT 285/55/20's, chrome door handle covers, smoothed and painted tailgate handle, 3 inch lift/levelling kit,1.5'' Rough Country lift blocks in rear, DVD headrest player/monitors, Rostra backup camera, SS bull bar with 6'' lights, Faux Carbon Fiber dash,console and door trim. Work stuff: red/blue LEDs in grille, headlight wig wag flasher, red/blue LED windshield light, red/blue LED deck lights in back glass, red/blue split 4 LED lights either side of license plate, wig wag backup and brake lamps. 100 watt siren and PA.

Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    what barney said sounds reasonable
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSinMD View Post
    what barney said sounds reasonable

Liked
    296 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Barney_Fife View Post
    i havent followed the thousands of posts about these pumps as closely as i should but i thought that once the truck went into limp mode, that disconnecting them woudlnt do anything? am i wrong? i thought one would have to disconnect them while it was working properly....
    The theory is that if you disconnect the pumps you will get the CEL for the pumps but it will not put the truck in limp mode because it never runs the rest of the tests. I guess nobody knows whether that is 100% successful for all the possible error conditions.
    Bill3508 is probably the one to ask about that.
    07' SR5 DC 4x4, 5.7, TRD
    Toyota SS steps
    ARE MX cap
    AMP bed step

DIY underseat storage
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    Weathertech Vent Visors
    Ultragauge EM
    Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    Techstream

CBTMA member
    aip override 1.1.pdf
    Block Off Plate

Liked
    98 times

In my case if I cleared the code it would run fine for about a week. No need to disconnect the pumps. If redbelly is going to have the system repaired then this should work until the parts arrive. If he wants to disconnect the system and leave it as is then he probably needs to clear the code(s) first.
    Last edited by Delaware; 04-27-2011 at 05:08 AM.
    Delaware
    2007 Tundra SR5 4WD, Super White, RollBak G2 Tonneau
    2012 RC Tacoma, Pyrite Mica [Kid's college vehicle]
    2002 Tacoma, White [Sold]
    2001 Tundra, Green [Sold]

Veteran Member
    Liked
    19 times

Do we really need a new Thread on this topic?? Detailed information is posted in the original topic with photos, diagrams, and DIY instructions. A simple search would lead you to:

Air Induction Pump

It has almost 1400 entries and over 108,000 hits.
    '07 Tundra SR5, 2WD DC, 5.7L, Salsa Red Pearl with Running Boards, Delta Toolbox.

Liked
    8 times
    Images

If the valves are stuck open then disconnecting the pumps does nothing. Cycle the truck on and off to try to get the valves to close, then disconnect the pumps, if your not in limp after that then the valves have closed and your good to go.

Sent From Droid Thunderbolt Via AutoGuide
    04 TRD AC 4X4,JBA headers,True Flow intake w/K&N drop-in, Spintech Sportsman Street XL muffler, NGK TR6ix plugs, new Denso 234-4209 o2 sensors,Mobil 1 Syn 0W-40 (Gone)

2010 Slate DC LB 4X4 W/T, Injen CAI, Unichip, Pulstar Iridium, Amsoil Signature 0w-30, Nfab wheel to wheel 6 step, Spintech Sportsman Street XL muffler #3247, Jegs H-Pipe, Bilstein HD shocks, Truck Covers USA Cover, Nitro 4.88 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, SuperSprings SSA4.

AIP Solution: Disconnect both air pumps. You will get a CEL ( Codes P0418,P0419)but no limp mode and no affect on performance. AIP system will be shut down preventing valves from opening. There are two pump connectors, one behind the coolant reservoir on the front of the engine and one below the air box along the wheel well. Both are large gray connectors. Disconnect them, tape them up, zip tie them to keep them from getting into anything hot or moving and your done. If you need service done, reconnect them before you take the truck to the dealer. Enjoy.

Liked
    8 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Delaware View Post
    In my case if I cleared the code it would run fine for about a week. No need to disconnect the pumps. If redbelly is going to have the system repaired then this should work until the parts arrive. If he wants to disconnect the system and leave it as is then he probably needs to clear the code(s) first.
    The condition only worsen once it starts, until one day the valves will stick open for good, leaving you with no other option than the repair.

Sent From Droid Thunderbolt Via AutoGuide
    04 TRD AC 4X4,JBA headers,True Flow intake w/K&N drop-in, Spintech Sportsman Street XL muffler, NGK TR6ix plugs, new Denso 234-4209 o2 sensors,Mobil 1 Syn 0W-40 (Gone)

2010 Slate DC LB 4X4 W/T, Injen CAI, Unichip, Pulstar Iridium, Amsoil Signature 0w-30, Nfab wheel to wheel 6 step, Spintech Sportsman Street XL muffler #3247, Jegs H-Pipe, Bilstein HD shocks, Truck Covers USA Cover, Nitro 4.88 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, SuperSprings SSA4.

AIP Solution: Disconnect both air pumps. You will get a CEL ( Codes P0418,P0419)but no limp mode and no affect on performance. AIP system will be shut down preventing valves from opening. There are two pump connectors, one behind the coolant reservoir on the front of the engine and one below the air box along the wheel well. Both are large gray connectors. Disconnect them, tape them up, zip tie them to keep them from getting into anything hot or moving and your done. If you need service done, reconnect them before you take the truck to the dealer. Enjoy.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

i am going through the same problem. i have an 08 with the 4.7l v8 that has 86k miles on it. i was quoted $2500 by my local dealer to fix this.

i saw the pics posted by kfxbryan of his pumps and when i took my fender well apart, there is only one pump. all the posts i have read say there are 2 pumps on the 4.7l but i cannot find another. i did find that the pump barely had any suction so i took it apart and cleaned it and dried it. it now sounds like a small shop vac.

the problem now is that the diverter valve must be stuck open. with it stuck open, i cant get my truck out of limp mode. the codes i get are P0419 & P2442. it sounds like i have an exhaust leak on the passenger side. is it possible to clean the valves and get them to work again or do they need to be replaced? and if they need replacement, is it a difficult process?