1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: P2442 Code - Ckeck Engin Light, VSC, and 4L light blinking

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Question P2442 Code - Ckeck Engin Light, VSC, and 4L light blinking

I own a 2007 and am having issues with a P2442 code. The dealer told me the secondary air injection pump, and valves need replaced. The quoted price is over $2000.00. With a quote price like that I decided to check into this issue and found out a lot of information about that code on this forum and others.
    After researching the problem I decided to fix the problem myself. I took the injection pump out, cleaned and inspected it. Then hooked it up to my battery and verified it worked ok. I also took the valves out and cleaned them and verified the solenoids worked.
    I feel confident I may have fixed the problem but I don't own a scanner. I went to Auto Zone / Genuine Auto Parts store and barrowed there scanners but there scanners will not clear the code.
    I'm interested in possible purchasing a scanner to clean this fault but I'm not sure what scanner to buy. Does anyone know of a reasonable price scanner which will clean the code listed above? Better yet, I would rather save the money if someone could provide me some information on how to clear this code without taking it back to the dealer or purchasing a scanner.
    Last edited by mroth1279; 05-31-2011 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Wrong title description

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    326 times
    Images

Default Re: P2442 Code - Ckeck Engin Light, VSC, and 4L light blinking

The P2442 code is "Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Open Bank 2". If the valve is now working correctly the code should clear itself after several "drive cycles".
    The chances that it will stay working for very long are slim to none. I suggest you start by reading this thread.
    2008 Tundra w P2442 issues help needed
    07' SR5 DC 4x4, 5.7, TRD
    Toyota SS steps
    ARE MX cap
    AMP bed step

DIY underseat storage
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    Weathertech Vent Visors
    Ultragauge EM
    Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    Techstream

CBTMA member
    aip override 1.1.pdf
    Block Off Plate

Liked
    0 times

I have an ElmScan 5 compact scan tool. It reset these codes. Check ScanTool.net

Liked
    326 times
    Images

Almost anything can reset the codes. That is not going to solve your problem though.
    07' SR5 DC 4x4, 5.7, TRD
    Toyota SS steps
    ARE MX cap
    AMP bed step

DIY underseat storage
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    Weathertech Vent Visors
    Ultragauge EM
    Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    Techstream

CBTMA member
    aip override 1.1.pdf
    Block Off Plate

Liked
    74 times

How many miles on your truck? You may be eligible for the 10 year / 150,000 mile coverage on that system, although your dealer should have alerted you to this fact.
    2013 Tundra DC 4X2 4.6l Silver Sky Metallic
    2010 Camry
    2000 Echo

Liked
    13 times

Quote Originally Posted by asc08 View Post
    How many miles on your truck? You may be eligible for the 10 year / 150,000 mile coverage on that system, although your dealer should have alerted you to this fact.
    I have found most dealers will just see if you're willing to pay for the repair first and if you bring up the fact its under any type of warranty then they'll act like they didn't know and fix it for you.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Cremator75 View Post
    I have found most dealers will just see if you're willing to pay for the repair first and if you bring up the fact its under any type of warranty then they'll act like they didn't know and fix it for you.
    Cremator, you are going to the wrong dealerships. Dealerships still make incentives performing warranty recalls on customer vehicles. So there is no reason for them to just implement the recall for you the first time.

You may have experienced service writers who lack the proper product knowledge.

With that being said, yes, there is a TSB Warranty Extension for 10 years or 150,000 miles which ever comes first. If your vehicle falls under the described VIN range and you meet the other standards, this is a free replacement for you.

I had this done to my truck this year. Fixed everything and I have brand new $2000 air injection pumps. I would have never undertaken that job on my own. It is a bunch of work and something you don't want to screw up because you are dealing with the trucks stock computer readings.
    I love lamp.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.