Question Larger Fuel Tank?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Larger Fuel Tank?

Liked
    1 times

Default Larger Fuel Tank?

Has anyone put a larger fuel tank on your tundra? I was looking at this one: Toyota Tundra Replacement Fuel Tank

When I pull my trailer I get 8 MPG or so. A larger tank would be nice.

Robby

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    16 times

Default Re: Larger Fuel Tank?

I don't have one, but that's the one I want. I could use one for towing as well.
    07 Tundra 5.7 DC Radiant Red TRD
    2" leveling kit 295/70-18 Nitto TerraGrapplers
    Firestone ride-rite airbags
    Rancho 9000XL's out back
    HyperTech Interceptor
    MagnaFlow Exhaust
    AEM BruteForce Intake

Liked
    6 times

That is awesome! $1100...ouch! Definitely on my wish list though...
    2011 Black Tundra Rock Warrior Crewmax 5.7//Dealer Installed Leather//Wheelskin wrapped stearing wheel//Toyota hard Tonnea//TRD Anti-sway bar//Firestone Air Bags//Weathertech floor liners//MPG button mod//Viper 5601 w/auto start//Pioneer Avic-z130BT//JL Audio HD 900/5//HAT Clarus fronts (bridged)//CoAx's in rear off deck//Alpine SWR-T12 with custom box/amp rack//OnFair Headrest DVD's//Front window tint

2012 Evergreen Everlite 32RBK-DS Travel Trailer

Liked
    318 times
    Images

There are a few threads about that tank. Search "transfer flow".
    Transfer Flow Gas Tank
    07' SR5 DC 4x4, 5.7, TRD
    Toyota SS steps
    ARE MX cap
    AMP bed step

DIY underseat storage
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    Weathertech Vent Visors
    Ultragauge EM
    Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    Techstream

CBTMA member
    aip override 1.1.pdf
    Block Off Plate

Liked
    0 times
    Images

for that kind of money you could get a tank that goes in the back of the truck in the frame rails and have better weight transfer. how ever you would need to relocate the spare. but then again i dont have one now so........

Mark it eight, Dude... MaylonTRD's Avatar
    Liked
    124 times
    Images

I don't tow, and I'd still like one of these. Not worth the money though unless you put a lot of towing miles on the truck. At 12 mpg (city) I go through a tank way too fast so I know if you're towing a long haul it must get really annoying stopping every few hours.
    2014 4Runner Limited Blizzard Pearl- Wife's
    2014 Tundra CM SR5 5.7l TSS Edition Magnetic Gray ProComp 6", XD809 18x9 -12 offset, trail grappler 35x12.50

2007 Tundra CM SR5 5.7 2WD TRD Slate SOLD
    Skyjacker 6" lift, BFG KO 305/65R18 (33.7"x12.2") XD Hoss Chrome 18x9 +30 offset, Go Rhino Dominator II Nerf Bars, Debadged, AFE Pro Dry Drop-in Craven Speed Stubby Antenna, HomeLink Rear View Mirror, Ranch Hand Grille Guard, Custom Spintech Muffler, Pioneer head unit, RF shallow mount sub, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator

Liked
    2 times

They're great in theory but with gas prices where they are you have to take out a home equity loan just to fill it.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country"

General George S. Patton

Liked
    1 times

I'm still thinking about it. I used to get 9.5 mpg pulling, but since I raised the front end 2.4" and 1" in the rear I only get 8 - 8.5 mpg. I pull a 8x20 cargo trailer at about 7500Lbs. I am in the Model Train business and I travel to train shows anywhere from 350 - 700 miles each way. I have to stop every 150 miles or so. I set the cruise on 70 and watch the gauge go down. If I had the larger tank I would probably not keep it full unless I was pulling. Ofcourse no trailer and I could 600 plus miles.

Liked
    14 times

It would be worth it for you. We used to tow our camper with my wife's 4-cyl Highlander. The mileage would drop from 25 to 19, I'd have to start looking for gas around 250mi. There were times when gas was few and far between, when you did find it it would be 50-75 cents more per gallon. With such a low range, you have to pay it.

We use the Tundra now, mileage only drops 1mpg so it is worth it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.