Sprint booster!!! - Page 3

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sprint booster!!!

Liked
    13 times

Default Re: Sprint booster!!!

I honestly think this has people stomping down on the gas all the way more often as well since who wouldn't when you buy a power mod or a ??? mod w/e you want to call this..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    17 times
    Images

I dont know where all this talk about CAI not providing gains is coming from. My truck picked up quite a bit from it. I seriously doubt I gained 40+ hp from the DTLT headers alone.

5.7 Tundra RCSB- Bolt ons
    14.268 @ 96.15mph "in 3000+ DA"
    358HP/369TQ

Liked
    24 times

Quote Originally Posted by 1stYoda View Post
    .... Are you suggesting it is all in their heads or perhaps it's a conspiracy and they've been paid by the company to falsely promote the product?
    Man Yoda, you nalied it. How did you know?-LOL
    I kept telling myself to not feed into this vicious frenzy on this thread. Everyone has a right to express what they think so here's mine. I could give a Rats Azz if Rone says its in my head or whatever he says, I could care less if nobody buys this stupid thing. I simply bought this gizmo because $350 is no big deal to me. If I didn't like it, I had friends who I would have just gave it to. This thing surprised the crap out of me. I just wanted to share that on the forum where I originally ran across it. Anyone who has any negative issues on this SB is just wasting their precious time. Go to another thread that really interest you. The 4.88 gears has got my attention. Can't wait for that to come out..

Liked
    15 times
    Images

Seriously fellas, pop a lol

1: its their money
    2: theres a money back guaranty! (lending with a $300 deposit lol)

so theres no reason to loose your sleep over people buying this, if it makes them feel good!
    what ever the SB does, if yall like it, then go for it!
    BHLM--- Color matched tailgate handle mirrors &grille surround --- HID 6000k headlights & V-LEDS 6000k led fog lights --- 2-12" Cerwin Vega Subs & Hifonics Titan amp --- Audiovox back up camera & mirror monitor --- Hella LED tail lights with VHT spray tint --- Tundra Racing drop TR-2050R 2" - 5" --- BMW style LED door-handle mod --- Blue LED sawp Gauges & HVAC ---Borla muffler & Magnaflow X pipe --- TRD SwayBar --- Debadged --- aFe dry intake kit --- MPG info mod --- V-LEDS FRONT, REAR turn signals, 8W cargo & reverse LEDs

Lurking Member
    Liked
    1 times

2011 Platinum CM 4x4
    -Supercharged, TRD Exhaust, TRD Swaybar, Unichip w/Custom Tune, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Debadged, BHLM, Oracle SMD Halos, 35w HID 6000k, V-Leds LED's, Smoked Tail lights/3rd Brake Light, OEM 20" Carved Alloy Wheels, 275/60/20 Dynapro ATF RF10, OEM Fender Flares, Access Lorado Tonneau, Front Skid Plate, Brushed SS Running Boards, Autometer Cobalt Vac/Boost Gauge, Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna

Liked
    112 times
    Images

We need to agree to disagree. You can read on any forum about this, and you have these disagreements over this item. We are all right in the end.

"They Were Just Jealous That My Tundra Pulled More Kitties Than A Bowl Of Milk"

Senior Contributor jack mccarthy's Avatar
    Liked
    764 times
    Images

Right from their website; the graph says it all. Same response up to 3/8 pedal travel, then sensitivity increases to produce WOT at 3/4 pedal travel.

Why SprintBooster Works
    "I always give 100% at work: 13% Monday; 22% Tuesday; 26% Wednesday; 35% Thursday; 4% Friday."

"Failure is not an option; its a lifesytle"

How to perform a search: Select "Advanced Search" -> Choose the "Single Search Content Type" tab, Enter the "Keyword", Select Search in Forum "1st Gen Tundra", Search by Prefix "any thread", Show results as: Choose either "Posts" or "Threads", then click on "Search Now".

Liked
    119 times
    Images

Alright, break it up-break it up! Marky Mark says it right, agree to disagree especially since these issues will still be issues even after some members get out to the race track and have better or same race times with and without the SB!

Funny story from the Tundra friend that I met about a month ago when I was helping him with his Unichip. After helping him, I took him for a ride in my truck so he could get a taste of the difference in having the Long Tubes and then showed him the difference in having the SB on red and off; he bought the SB and installed it a few weeks ago. He texted me this morning and said that his wife was driving the Tundra last night; she asked him why she kept squealing the tires at every stop light. This device definitely gets you off the line quicker; JUMPY!.

Side note: he bought some Long Tube Headers and URD Rear Sims from the TS Classifieds yesterday! He is addicted to the mods! Hope his wife doesn't come looking for me!

Driving A Dream!
    Slate Metallic SR5 4X2 5.7 Crewmax/15% tinted windows/ navigation/back-up camera/JBL System w-Sub/ steering wheel audio controls/Bluetooth/LineX/bed extender/Weathertechs/bucket seats/moonroof/ VIPER 5900/fully debadged/AVS Visors/Tundra Sills/Uncle Mike's Paddle Holster Mount/UnderCover/Carriage Works Polished Grille 5-Piece/PUTCO Pedals/Sport Shifter/ Smoked Headlights-Taillights-3rd Brake Light/ Tinted PIAA Fog Lights/22" Color Matched KMC 652Wheels/ 305-45-22 General Grabbers/Borla Dual Split Rear Exit 2 in and 2 Out Exhaust/Billet 14" Antenna/ Rear Sway Bar/VLEDS in Cab,Cargo/painted TRD CAI and engine cover/AutoDimming Mirror/Headrest DVD Players/Magnetic Gun Mount/Doug Thorley Long Tubes/URD Rear Sim/Stebel Big Daddy Horn/TR Lowering Kit 2051/TRDSPARKS Fender Flares/Plasma Glow LED Kits Under and Wheel Wells/Color Matched Mirror Caps *Clazzios To Come

Liked
    7 times

Well, I'm no mechanic and while agreeing to disagree is fundamentally sound, it doesn't mean we should all throw reasoning out the window just because there are enough opinions on both sides. One of the things that amazes me is how much credibility we are willing to provide to those that offer their opinion when they are not an expert in the subject at hand just because they say something loud enough, long enough and with conviction.
    Perhaps it would be wise to get an electronics/mechanical engineer to chime in on this conversation.
    I'm not saying the SB doesn't work, but I would like to see some actual scientifically-based info showing that it does. All the nay-sayers are correct to insist on this since it is the claim of the SB-maker and those that have used it that say that it improves performance.
    When I've claimed to my friends that my MacBook pro is faster for doing quick things like posting/emailing, they told me to prove it. I took my system which had an older CPU than both of their Dell laptops and timed how long it took for me to open it, logon, send them an email and then close it down again. I averaged a time that was more than 60% faster than what either of them could do on 3 separate attempts. That, for them, was enough to satisfy my claim, though they kicked my butt on things like gaming fps rates (which I made no claim to).
    Point is; if a product is claiming to do something, the burden is on them to backup their claim through something that can be credibly and accurately measured.
    If that can't be done, then we just accept the original notion put out by my good friend MM - to agree to disagree.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
    11 Sienna SE FWD Black!! (Wife's Car)
    07 Tundra CrewMax 4x4 S/C 5.7L SR5 Silver Sky Metallic...
    Is modding ever complete? I think NOT!!

Liked
    1 times

wow, what a waste of another thread.
    honestly guys why keep up with the thread if u dont want to try it or dont care for it?
    let the guys who are interested in it read through the thread with out havin to read all these negative comments

yea the forums are to help others out with stuff, and to show others new mods and their experiences (which is what we are doin). JBroas took the initiative to test out somethin new and share it with the forums. I took his testin, results, and opinion in a good way and bought one. now i love it and im sharing my opinions and results. u like it, stick around and wait for actual proof. u dont like it, say it once and move on to another thread. simple as that.

No Fear Grille, 20x12 Fuel Hostage, AMP Steps, Pocket Style Flares, A.R.E. LSX, , 3 KC 800's, AD Bumper Insert, Oracle Halos, 12'' Bulletproof Lift, 37'' SS-M16, Volant, 26'' PowerSticks w/ RBP Tips, and much more!
    Cardomain page

Lurking Member
    Liked
    1 times

Hey Ed, have you heard back from them yet about a group buy? Can't wait to see if SB helped or not after Friday.

Hurry up and get this thing going! I need to spend some of the money I won from hitting the Powerball!
    2011 Platinum CM 4x4
    -Supercharged, TRD Exhaust, TRD Swaybar, Unichip w/Custom Tune, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Debadged, BHLM, Oracle SMD Halos, 35w HID 6000k, V-Leds LED's, Smoked Tail lights/3rd Brake Light, OEM 20" Carved Alloy Wheels, 275/60/20 Dynapro ATF RF10, OEM Fender Flares, Access Lorado Tonneau, Front Skid Plate, Brushed SS Running Boards, Autometer Cobalt Vac/Boost Gauge, Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna

Liked
    51 times

I can't believe this thing is still looked at as a legitimate modification.

I already explained how this thing couldn't possibly decrease the 'lag' experienced with drive-by-wire technology when one of you tossed that idea out as another selling point. Are you two supporters getting kick backs from the company on this thing?

Liked
    119 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by RONE View Post

I can't believe this thing is still looked at as a legitimate modification.

I already explained how this thing couldn't possibly decrease the 'lag' experienced with drive-by-wire technology when one of you tossed that idea out as another selling point. Are you two supporters getting kick backs from the company on this thing?
    Hey Rone,

There are more than 2 supporters happy about the results they have experienced whether it is fun, off the line quicker, takes time off their 1/8 or 1/4. I am convinced that this will take time off my race time; however, I would appreciate some proof from those with access to tracks, etc. since I do not at this time.

I can say this, even if the results from those WHO HAVE THEM INSTALLED would be proved that race times don't improve, I would still be impressed with how much more fun my truck is in being so much more responsive. It is NOT the same as mashing the pedal down to the floor.

I have nothing to gain by my testimony. I don't get a kickback or any pleasure in having others spend their money on a product that I don't believe in.

I have no problem with you or others being skeptical, I was before JBROAS lent me his at the cost of shipping and handling; I figured I didn't have much to lose. I was impressed with it so I swapped my Unichip to him for the SB; he bought another SB because it is such a big difference between having it and not having it. I am a skeptic about other products that other members have; I choose to let it be for the reason of "to each his own" as every one has their own reasoning and sometimes have to learn on their own instead of taking others' words about a product or service.

I will buy this product in the future for any new vehicles I may buy based solely on my own experience with it and not on any word from supporters or nay-sayers.

If I remember correctly, you have a SC! I would love to have a SC in my next Tundra!

Driving A Dream!
    Slate Metallic SR5 4X2 5.7 Crewmax/15% tinted windows/ navigation/back-up camera/JBL System w-Sub/ steering wheel audio controls/Bluetooth/LineX/bed extender/Weathertechs/bucket seats/moonroof/ VIPER 5900/fully debadged/AVS Visors/Tundra Sills/Uncle Mike's Paddle Holster Mount/UnderCover/Carriage Works Polished Grille 5-Piece/PUTCO Pedals/Sport Shifter/ Smoked Headlights-Taillights-3rd Brake Light/ Tinted PIAA Fog Lights/22" Color Matched KMC 652Wheels/ 305-45-22 General Grabbers/Borla Dual Split Rear Exit 2 in and 2 Out Exhaust/Billet 14" Antenna/ Rear Sway Bar/VLEDS in Cab,Cargo/painted TRD CAI and engine cover/AutoDimming Mirror/Headrest DVD Players/Magnetic Gun Mount/Doug Thorley Long Tubes/URD Rear Sim/Stebel Big Daddy Horn/TR Lowering Kit 2051/TRDSPARKS Fender Flares/Plasma Glow LED Kits Under and Wheel Wells/Color Matched Mirror Caps *Clazzios To Come

Liked
    11 times

Well said, tigerking.

As I mentioned in the other thread that was deleted, I've had experience with a similar product, but it was software based, rather than hardware. The enhanced throttle was tons of fun, and it was an effect that couldn't be obtained from simply mashing the pedal more. It's hard to describe. I can only hope the SB offers a similar experience.

Until I actually buy and test the Sprint Booster, I'm going to reserve judgement. If it turns out to be snake oil, I'll return for a refund and immediately start a thread bashing it. On the other hand, if it performs like I'm hoping, then I'll also post that result.
    Last edited by Shotgun; 08-10-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Liked
    24 times

Quote Originally Posted by RONE View Post

.....Are you two supporters getting kick backs from the company on this thing?
    Yes... & Hey NinjaEd, how much did you get?

Hey Rone, I already said my peace.. so from here on for me, all replies are all smiles.

I'm still aching for S/C...

btw, the original thread I saw for the SB was on TT on this link click here . It was that thread that sparked my interest and I then just purchased one. There are about 3-4 other purchasers. That thread also took a beating, not as bad as here on TS... and I'm not sure how much of a kick back they got....-LoL

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast