Question 5100s, springs or no springs?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5100s, springs or no springs?

Liked
    11 times
    Images

Default 5100s, springs or no springs?

When I install my new Bilstein 5100s, shoud I use the stock springs or replace them? What will new springs do the the pu$$ ride I enjoy now? Also, when doing the differential drop kit, Can it be done with just a floor jack to hold it in place while putting the spacers in?
    2008 Crewmax limited 4x4 TRD
    Moon roof, Nav, Sonar
    Blue Streak Metelic. Bilstein 5100's, Hypertech speedo calibration, Nitto Terra Grappler 295/70-18's
    http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrer...%2Fwmlcg%3D%3D

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    58 times

Default Re: 5100s, springs or no springs?

They are designed to work with the stock, progressive rate coils. You can use an Eibach or something of the sort if you like. It make some getting used to as they are linear rate springs compare to progressive rate street coils.

Liked
    31 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by AJUSA.com View Post
    They are designed to work with the stock, progressive rate coils. You can use an Eibach or something of the sort if you like. It make some getting used to as they are linear rate springs compare to progressive rate street coils.
    When I think of progressive coils, I always thought of ones like these...

The factory coils hardly look anything like that...

Have you bought the 5100s already?

-rockstate

Liked
    11 times
    Images

No I haven't bought them yet. Probably after the first of the year for ski season. Need tires and want to go a little bigger.
    2008 Crewmax limited 4x4 TRD
    Moon roof, Nav, Sonar
    Blue Streak Metelic. Bilstein 5100's, Hypertech speedo calibration, Nitto Terra Grappler 295/70-18's
    http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrer...%2Fwmlcg%3D%3D

Lurking Member
    Liked
    1 times

I have the adjustable height 5100 setup on top notch on my 2007 DC TRD and it seems to bounce more than my friends 2011 stock DC non-TRD. He does have a 3-1 readylift????????

Liked
    0 times
    Images

AJUSA.com has Bilstein 5100 Series (Ride Height Adjustable) on sale until the 13th if anyone is looking for an X'mas present...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.