tundra crewmax westin running boards pics

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: tundra crewmax westin running boards pics

Liked
    6 times
    Images

Default tundra crewmax westin running boards pics

i was looking for new running boards and couldn't really find any good pics of a tundra with the black westin running boards so i decided to go ahead and try them. so far i like them alot, plus they were not very expensive. i paid about 270 total, for the boards and the brackets. anyways i thought i would share some pics incase anyone else was wondering what they look like on a tundra. nothing too fancy, they just have a stock look, i like them because they are do not stick out very far and they are not too low like my last set.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	3765 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	65147   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (1).jpg 
Views:	2752 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	65148   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (2).jpg 
Views:	3383 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	65149   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (3).jpg 
Views:	4214 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	65150  
    stephenreyes and Vettelover84 like this.

2011 Tundra CM 5.7 Magnetic Gray

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Banned
    Liked
    751 times
    Images

Default Re: tundra crewmax westin running boards pics

i like them..!!

they look very decent on your truck, that's a great find for a sweet price..!!

i have the bsss stepboards but although they look great, i am not that enthusiastic about the quality of the cheap looking and feeling plastic black parts...

one came of when off-roading and before we noticed we were more than a mile further on a path where we couldn't turn...

it was a long walk, up the mountain, i tell you...

dikkie

Liked
    82 times
    Images

Looks good, . . . and excellent price!
    2010 Toyota Tundra, Crewmax, 4x4, 5.7, TRD Off Road, SR5, Silver Sky Metalic

Brushed Stainless Steel Stepboards, Tinted Windows, Pioneer AVIC Z140BH, Pioneer ND-BC5 Rearview Camera, Metra Axxess Steerinng Wheel Control Interface, Line X Extra with Color Match, ValuGard Undercoat, ValuGard Rust Inhibitor, AVS Window Visor, Clazzio (black/red), TRD Cat-Back Exhaust System, TRD Intake, Toyota Hood Protector, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, AMI TRD Third Light Brake Cover, Westin Ultimate Bull Bar, Westin Chrome Off-Road Lights, TRD License Plate Frame, B&W Tow & Stow, Moto Metal 961, Bushwacker fender flares, G-Tek Door Sill Protector, BAKFlip F1, Momo Combat Evo Red Shifter, Diode Dynamics Accent (Console, cupholder, pocket, and door pull inserts), Wheelskin Euro-Tone Steering Wheel Cover, OME 614 kit, LR UCA

Liked
    6 times
    Images

These feel ok now. I like the almost invisible look. They have alot of snaps to hold them in place plus westin has a 5 year warranty. The price is really even bettter than 270, i sold my other set of boards for 120, so that help offset the cost.

2011 Tundra CM 5.7 Magnetic Gray

Liked
    19 times

Where did you buy them?
    SPEEDWAYDC: BOUGHT AND PAID FOR

2010 Tundra Crew Max 4x4 TRD
    Canadian, 3M film, Truxedo LoPro QT, Westin boards, Weathertech floorliners, 20x9" Ultra Barons powdercoated black, 305/55R20 BFG A/Ts, BHLM, SPARKS OEM flares, LEDS, HIDs, Tekonsha P3, Limited powerfold mirrors, Pecca Leather, de-chromed, matching 2011 Forest River R-Pod 175 Hood River Off Road.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    155 times
    Images

those are nice, but i would be afraid of snow collecting in them and prohibiting rust.

Liked
    3 times

I like them! They are reminiscent of the 1st Gen Sequoias. Very OEM looking! Nice and clean!

Liked
    77 times

I am really thinking about buying a set of these for my CM. My wife always complains about the step up to get into the Tundra. Plus my daughter just turned 2, so she will be getting in by herself in no time. I am dropping the Tundra with the 2.25/4 in TR flip kit. I wonder if these would be necessary with drop...

Liked
    13 times
    Images

Those steps look clean and sharp!
    2011 Crew Max, Magnetic Gray Metallic, 5.7L, SR5, 4x4

Added: Katzkin graphite/grey 2-tone leather interior, superwhite interior LEDs, drive monitor switch. BHLM, 4" black step bars, AMI locking billet fuel door, EGR window rain guards, Stampede hood/bug shield, black Husky Liner weatherbeaters, bedmat, AFE Pro Dry filter, MBRP true duals, front and rear Bilsteins 5100s, 1.5" aluminum rear lift blocks, Bushwacker fender flares, TRD RW wheels w/ plasti-dip'd fake beadlocks, BFG A/T KO 285/70/17 tires, TRD rear sway bar, TRD sport grille & black billet inserts,

Next: powdercoat front and rear bumper to color match or black, Line-X truck bed

Previous truck: 2010 Tacoma, Access Cab, 2.7L 4-cyl, 4x2, Pyrite Mica

Liked
    19 times

I received and installed the Westin boards tonight. They fit the cab very nicely and will be easy to keep clean.

A couple of the plastic clips that hold the black cover to the aluminum frame were broken, so I think I will take the plastic cover off and glue it to the aluminum base with epoxy adhesive for extra reinforcement. Then it will never go anywhere.

Any suggestions for bonding aluminum to polymer plastic?
    LePage / LePage® Carded Adhesives / LePage® Marine Epoxy

Vettelover84 likes this.

Canadian, 3M film, Truxedo LoPro QT, Westin boards, Weathertech floorliners, 20x9" Ultra Barons powdercoated black, 305/55R20 BFG A/Ts, BHLM, SPARKS OEM flares, LEDS, HIDs, Tekonsha P3, Limited powerfold mirrors, Pecca Leather, de-chromed, matching 2011 Forest River R-Pod 175 Hood River Off Road.

Liked
    6 times
    Images

I just installed a set of black Westin Step Bars last week...again, pretty plain/stock like, but I'm in the process of Plasti-dipping nearly every bit of chrome on my truck anyways. I'll take some pics later & post them up. Just like the step boards, they barely stick out off the truck (maybe 1-2 inches). I'll take a profile-view pic of them too. I paid a tad less @ $230 w/ free shipping.
    -Bryce

Mine: 2008 Tundra CM Ltd 4X4 Nautical Blue/Tan, 80k, 3/1 level, 305/55R20 Toyo A/T's, MBRP dual exhaust, 3" Westin step bars, Debadged, WeatherTech mats & a SnugTop Rebel for the Danes
    The wifs: 2006 Lexus GX470 Blizzard Pearl/Tan, All-weather mats, 100k

Liked
    19 times

I ended up using Marine Goop to stick the plastic cover to the aluminum base. The clips that hold the cover on are pretty cheap - I'm surprised a set of these boards could survive without adding adhesive.

AG Marine Adhesive Product Information

Should be nice and solid now, and they sure look nice!

Liked
    77 times

How are these holding up? Anything bad or great about them?

Liked
    19 times

They're doing well so far. My buddy has the nearly-identical ATS boards and they seem to be made of a little sturdier plastic material. The Westins are doing fine though.

Liked
    77 times

Where are you guys getting these for $230 shipped? Is that with brackets?
    Last edited by Vettelover84; 10-17-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast