Pictures BDS 4.5 lift kit with 35x12.50R18 rims/wheels

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: BDS 4.5 lift kit with 35x12.50R18 rims/wheels

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

Default BDS 4.5 lift kit with 35x12.50R18 rims/wheels

First off I wanna give a big thanks to the guys at my shop and my alignment tech, they'll probably never read this but I want them to know I appreciate all the help they gave me with this mod to my truck. I'm writing this review in hopes that it helps the next person doing this type of lift kit, I know I spent countless hours on here and on the interwebs looking up info/prices/products/etc.

*BDS lift kit 4.5: I'm glad I went with BDS for my lift kit (I was looking hard @ the procomp) their components are well built and built tough. My alignment guy couldn't stop saying enough good things about this kit and how well it placed the steering geometry of the truck close to factory specs. Apparently I received one of their latest lift kits cause mine came with weld on steering stops and replacement tie rod's. I would say the only difficult thing about this lift kit is the cutting of your crossmember and the welding part, everything else is common suspension knowledge.

*Tires- I ended up with Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.50R18 because I kept hearing awesome reviews and I got a chance to see them in person before I bought them. They have an aggressive look but smooth manners on the road. I would have to say they are about the same level of road noise as the Toyo Open Country M/T's I had before and way quieter than the BFG's Mud Terrains I had on my last truck. I purchased my Nitto's from Onlinetires.com for $1300 otd. I saved $100 by picking them up at their facility about 45miles from me but they had the best prices of anybody selling these tires online.

*Wheels- I went with Fuel Offroad Hostage Black/Brushed size 18" with a +14mm offset and 5.5 backspacing. I purchased them from Discounttires.com for $780 to my door. I will say buyer beware but with more blame emphasis on Fuel Offroad wheels as my 1st set of wheels came poorly painted from the inside of the rim. It literally looked like they ran out of paint and decided to ship them anyways. On the 2nd set of rims 2 of the 4 rims had the same exact problem and I've been in touch with discounttires.com which promised me a replacement set when they become available again in about 3 weeks

Rear Suspension- I purchased a set of 2.5 smooth body Icon rear shocks from ajusa.com who matched Wheelers offraod price for me but the length of these shocks do not work on the rear with the BDS lift kit even though Icon's website states they'll work for vehicle with stock height up to 3 inches. I've been in contact with Icon and so far they've stated they're gonna get me a custom set at no charge and have corrected their website.

BEFORE

After

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    21 times

Default Re: BDS 4.5 lift kit with 35x12.50R18 rims/wheels

niice wheel and tire combo man, your truck looks perfect with that 4.5 inch lift

Lurking Member
    Liked
    2 times

nice setup!

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by blktundrasaurus View Post
    niice wheel and tire combo man, your truck looks perfect with that 4.5 inch lift
    Thanks, I plan on getting coil overs so I can even out the front. Currently the front sits about 1 1/4 inches lower than the rear

Liked
    27 times

Looks great!!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Liked
    0 times

Do you have to cut the crossmember for that lift?
    BTW Nice truck!
    2007 Black Dbl Cab 4x4 SR5. Mods: 2.5 RevTek front only lift, 33/12.5/18 Toyo MT's, 18x9 KMC XD Black Hoss's, VOLANT CAI, NEW!! Doug Thorley headers and Magnaflow dual exhaust

NEW 2011 White Crewmax 4x4, LOVE IT!!!

Newer 2012 White CM 4x4 Limited, AWESOME

Liked
    0 times

Yeah I see where you have to cut it.
    2007 Black Dbl Cab 4x4 SR5. Mods: 2.5 RevTek front only lift, 33/12.5/18 Toyo MT's, 18x9 KMC XD Black Hoss's, VOLANT CAI, NEW!! Doug Thorley headers and Magnaflow dual exhaust

NEW 2011 White Crewmax 4x4, LOVE IT!!!

Newer 2012 White CM 4x4 Limited, AWESOME

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Man I have to say that your truck/lift is exactly what I'd like mine to look like. Looks great and congrats. I've never lifted a truck before so I know nothing about it or what's needed or what lifts to look at so your post has given me some information to start with.

Question: Before you got the lift, did you have anything done (i.e. spacers or level kit or bilstein's) to the truck?

Reason I ask is I purchased and installed the Bilstein 5100's front and rear to level out the front. I'm wondering what my lift options are or did I go the wrong route first. Just wondering if I can use a lift with my current Bilstein 5100 setup and what manufacturers I should look at.

Do you buy the wheels/tires first and work off that for the lift or should you buy the lift and then work off that for wheels/tires?

I am clueluess....
    2008 Tundra DC | Bone Stock| Color: Slate| 27k miles

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

weird...double post.

So all in your about $4 grand into it for suspension lift kit and wheels/tires? What about work? (just trying to get an idea of how much i'll be spending or if I'm in over my head thinking about this)
    Last edited by cigars n scotch; 04-16-2012 at 06:53 PM.
    2008 Tundra DC | Bone Stock| Color: Slate| 27k miles

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Your truck looks badass! I am striving for the same look, just got a 3/1 last week and am gonna have to wait till fall/hunting season for the new wheels and tires but would love it if it looks like this when i'm done.