Front passenger power/leather/heated seat installed in my SR5

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Front passenger power/leather/heated seat installed in my SR5

Liked
    2 times

Default Front passenger power/leather/heated seat installed in my SR5

Well I got it done. I scored a great deal on set of brand new leather seats complete with airbags for my crewmax from Dietdewguy who's company does alot of work for Toyota and had about 6 or 7 sets of brand new seats in both cloth and leather for both Crewmax and Double Cabs still on the pallet/in the box. (I believe his for sale post is still in the classifieds forum.

As many of you probably know the SR5's only came with a power driver seat and manual front passenger seat so the plugs are different. So I had a dillema to either figure a way to incorporate the power passenger seat or have the leather covers swapped over to my cloth passenger seat frame. The driver seat is truly plug and play. I figured it would be odd to have heated on the driver side (with addition of seat heater switch) but not on the front passenger side.

After searching the forum I read about a guy who accomplished this by swapping in the passenger side floor harness from a Limited, so I decided I would do the same. I purchased a passenger side floor harness online for $273.00 ($394 list) shipped. I installed it today and what a task it was. Took about 6 hours. The wiring harness goes from the passenger side kick panel then under the seat/carpet and up the B pillar to the side passenger rear door harness and up further to the passenger side curtain airbag (headliner had to be removed) and back to the C pillar and rear window regulator. There is also a wire/plug that runs under the center console (center console had to come out) to what appears to be the SRS control unit under the dash. Of course rear seats were just bolt in.

It was one hell of a project but I feel it was worth it. Now to sell my complete cloth set of seats and use the money to buy the seat heater switches and recover some of the money I spent on the leather set.

I now have a leather front passenger seat with power slide,recline and adjustable lumbar. I was going to take some pictures of the process to post a DIY but I got lazy.
    2008 Crewmax 5.7 SR5 TRD 4x4 in super white/graphite interior. Mods/changes: TRD intake, TRD dual exhaust, Limited 20" wheels, weathertech floormats, OEM bed extender, OEM bed mat, VIP security system, 2010-newer color matched grill, color matched door handles, Limited running boards, Leather seat swap from limited including power/heated driver and front passenger seats. Factory Navigation swap w/factory back up camera. Factory Bed Rails.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    14 times
    Images

Default Re: Front passenger power/leather/heated seat installed in my SR5

Congrats....great mod!
    2007 Crewmax 4x4 Limited - Silver, 2.5" OME Front Lift w/Toytec 1" Diff Drop, 1" Toytec Block rear w/Bilstein 5100 shocks, 18" Ultra Grinder Wheels, 285/70/R18 Toyo Open Country M/T, Line-X Bed Liner, Undercover Tonneau (Only in winter), Weathertech Floor Liners, Back-up Cam (Toyota/Rostra), 2008 JBL NAV, IPOD Adapter, Console Vault
    CBTMA Member

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

This is the exact mod I am doing. Do you know the part number for the wiring harness you used? I looked online but found there to be about 6 or 7 options and no one can tell me what the difference is between them.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Anyone else do this and have part numbers or sorce to get harness.