2008 Tundra Check engine light, Traction control Icon, 4 LO light, and VSC Off light

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 2008 Tundra Check engine light, Traction control Icon, 4 LO light, and VSC Off light

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 2008 Tundra Check engine light, Traction control Icon, 4 LO light, and VSC Off light

2008 Tundra 4.7 liter 4 x4 These indicators all light up with the 4LO light flashing and the Traction control icon flashing. The computer analysis states the "Air control valve is stuck open, Bank 1" We can reset the error messages and it all goes away for another couple of weeks until the valve sticks open for a brief moment. I know this because I can hear the engine like it has an old "4 barrell carburetor" when this occurs and then I get all the lights on again. Has anyone else had this problem? I understand the engine light coming on for this but why this has anything to do with the traction control and the gear box beats me. No big deal except it causes the truck to shift funny like it thinks it is in 4 LO. I would appreciate any insight. Replace air control box? Clean air control box?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    101 times

Default Re: 2008 Tundra Check engine light, Traction control Icon, 4 LO light, and VSC Off li

Melton1234 - Welcome to the club. This is an all to common problem. Search "AIP" as there are a couple of really good threads that go into great detail on this very problem. Fortunately Toyota has recognized the problem and has extended the warranty to 10 years or 150,000 miles. Call your dealer service manager and discuss it with him / her. Good luck.
    Delaware
    2007 Tundra SR5 4WD, Super White, RollBak G2 Tonneau
    2012 RC Tacoma, Pyrite Mica [Kid's college vehicle]
    2002 Tacoma, White [Sold]
    2001 Tundra, Green [Sold]

Liked
    312 times
    Images

Default Re: 2008 Tundra Check engine light, Traction control Icon, 4 LO light, and VSC Off li

Take a look at the PDF file in this post.
    flashing-dash-lights
    07' SR5 DC 4x4, 5.7, TRD
    Toyota SS steps
    ARE MX cap
    AMP bed step

DIY underseat storage
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    Weathertech Vent Visors
    Ultragauge EM
    Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    Techstream

CBTMA member
    aip override 1.1.pdf
    Block Off Plate

Liked
    28 times

yes, sounds like the dreaded AIP failure, welcome to the club. Like said above, it is now covered up to 10 years or 150k miles.

2007 Tundra Limited DoubleCab 5.7, Silver Sky, TRD
    Honda Super Cub