Doors won't lock on 2007 Tundra

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Doors won't lock on 2007 Tundra

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Doors won't lock on 2007 Tundra

Ive got a 2007 Tundra crewmax. All of a sudden the doors will not lock when I turn it off and remove the key. It will not lock with the keyfob or at the driver/passenger door switches. I have insured the vehicle is in park, doors are closed all the way, and key is removed from ignition.

If I hit the keyfob, there is no beep or anything. If I hit the door locks on either door, they lock and then immediately unlock.

After about 90 seconds, it will lock with either the keyfob or door switches as it should.

Thanks for any suggestions or help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    53 times
    Images

Default Re: Doors won't lock on 2007 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by ryan357 View Post
    Ive got a 2007 Tundra crewmax. All of a sudden the doors will not lock when I turn it off and remove the key. It will not lock with the keyfob or at the driver/passenger door switches. I have insured the vehicle is in park, doors are closed all the way, and key is removed from ignition.

If I hit the keyfob, there is no beep or anything. If I hit the door locks on either door, they lock and then immediately unlock.

After about 90 seconds, it will lock with either the keyfob or door switches as it should.

Thanks for any suggestions or help!
    The answer is this part: "If I hit the keyfob, there is no beep or anything. If I hit the door locks on either door, they lock and then immediately unlock." This is what happens when the key is in the ignition, so your truck thinks the key is still in the ignition even though it is not.

I would try exercising the ignition, quickly cycling it back and forth on-off, and pulling the key in and out several times. That might clean the contacts enough to work properly. Sorry I don't have any better suggestions.
    07 DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7 TRD exhaust, 85K miles. Truxedo Lo-Pro with deck rails. Front Susp: Stock coilovers, 4" lift (http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...6-4-inch-lift/), swapped extra spacers for Bilstein 5100s on lowest setting, wheel well height still 41.5." Rear Susp: ProComp ES3000 #326510 (2.25" taller than stock), 1.25" blocks plus PRG mini-pack (http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...and-new-truck/) gives 2.25" total lift, parking brake cable bracket spacers, wheel well height 43." Front diff and rear ds drop; trailer hitch electrical harness tucked up above bumper. After 21K miles swapped 305/65/18 BFG AT for 285/75/18 Toyo AT, still on stock 18x8x60 offset TRD wheels, about 1/8" clearance to sway bar. Like the extra height but miss the width. Added 5th 285/75/18 Toyo AT as spare. 75K went to new 285/75/18 Toyo AT II. Bed Bounce: Stiffer E-tires are worse than stock P-metric; biggest improvement from PRG mini-pack, slight improvement from shocks. Still a stiff ride but tolerable now. Best things about this truck: 5.7 and transmission, interior size and comfort, very quiet at high speed. Worst things about this truck: bed bounce, no VSC in 4wd, mileage sucks above 70. SOLD 8/2013

Liked
    0 times
    Images

I'm having this problem on my 2010 DC Tundra. It has happened twice. Key fob doors nothing and when I lock with the toggle switch on the door, they immediately lock back. After I let my truck set for a while, everything works fine.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix? Please help...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    2010 ROCK WARRIOR
    DC, Tow package, BLHM, tinted tails, wet okoles, weather tech digial fits, tint, rhino liner

Liked
    11 times

I had the same issue on my 08. Doors would lock then unlock sometimes. twice the doors locked on their own. I finally found that the plunger switch on the door frame was broken

Liked
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I had the same issue on my 08. Doors would lock then unlock sometimes. twice the doors locked on their own. I finally found that the plunger switch on the door frame was broken
    That would be the first thing I'd check too - the computer thinks that a door is open, so when it gets the lock command it immediately unlocks to prevent you from locking yourself out.
    Recovering Canuck. I think.
    '13 Spruce Mica Tundra CM 5.7L Trd, White Knuckle Sliders, Leer 100XL cap w. Wilderness Package, Line-X.
    Sorry, I can't help but think less of you when you won't take the time to spell things right or use proper grammar. Deal with it. I don't care if you're ESL either, because I am too.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

That's not how my truck operates. Do you have a tundra? If my door is open, my truck beeps at me. So... That's not it.
    2010 ROCK WARRIOR
    DC, Tow package, BLHM, tinted tails, wet okoles, weather tech digial fits, tint, rhino liner

Liked
    21 times

Sounds like the truck thinks the key is still in the ignition. Just tried it on my truck key in ignition key fob does nothing if you try to lock the doors they unlock immediately. Probably a contact on the ignition tumbler.
    1986 Toyota Dlx Pickup 4x4 7" Lift 35x15 5:29 Gears Posi (First Yoda) Sold
    1989 Toyota Dlx Pickup 4x4 3" Lift 33x12 Sold
    2000 Tundra Access Cab 4x4 Sold
    2004 Tundra Double Cab 4x4 Sold
    2012 Tundra CrewMax 4x4 Current Ride

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Is it fixable? How much $$$$ are we talking here?
    2010 ROCK WARRIOR

Liked
    21 times

Its fixable I don't no what it would cost. I had a problem with my ford work truck the door chime sounded all the time like the key was in the ignition when it wasn't. That ended up being a bad contact on the side of the tumbler. It was easy to get the ignition tumbler out of the ford it took me less then 10 min. Here is a link to gen 1 ignition cylinder removal ours could be the same. Replacing Ignition Cylinder Lock on 2001 Sequoia You could try pulling ignition tumbler and cleaning it up with some electrical contact cleaner.
    Last edited by silverdouble; 05-02-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    1986 Toyota Dlx Pickup 4x4 7" Lift 35x15 5:29 Gears Posi (First Yoda) Sold
    1989 Toyota Dlx Pickup 4x4 3" Lift 33x12 Sold
    2000 Tundra Access Cab 4x4 Sold
    2004 Tundra Double Cab 4x4 Sold
    2012 Tundra CrewMax 4x4 Current Ride

Liked
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by tnguy13 View Post
    That's not how my truck operates. Do you have a tundra? If my door is open, my truck beeps at me. So... That's not it.
    I shut off the beep-on-lock (actually all external beeps) off with a Techstream.
    Recovering Canuck. I think.
    '13 Spruce Mica Tundra CM 5.7L Trd, White Knuckle Sliders, Leer 100XL cap w. Wilderness Package, Line-X.
    Sorry, I can't help but think less of you when you won't take the time to spell things right or use proper grammar. Deal with it. I don't care if you're ESL either, because I am too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.