Can someone tell me what "$1000 TFS Subvention" means???

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Can someone tell me what "$1000 TFS Subvention" means???

Lurking Member
    Liked
    2 times

Default Can someone tell me what "$1000 TFS Subvention" means???

Hey,

SO, it's down to the 11th hour and I guess I'm getting nervou$... Our truck has finally arrived at the dealers and my wife and I are headed out in the morning for the 130 mile journey to go get it!!!

My question is: Once incentive clearly states $2250 cash back while the other one is 0% financing with $1000 TFS Subvention cash back. I've been assuming all along that it's basically $1,000 that has to go towards the price of the vehicle, as opposed to "$2250 cash back" to us to do what we want with - I have no idea if that's the case or not, and we only want it to put TOWARDS the purchase price, so as long at it works that way = GREAT!

Either way, I'm really looking forward to picking it up tomorrow...

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    11 times

Default Re: Can someone tell me what "$1000 TFS Subvention" means???

$2250 is straight cash to apply as you see fit. $1000 is the same except you have to finance with Toyota at 0% up to 60 months. The bait is that a lot of people do not qualify for 0% financing and arrive at the dealer without a backup plan. Of course, the dealer will be happy to help you get financing once you are in the door. I ran the numbers on assuming you finance $20K, $30K or $35K between 0% and 4%. If you do not qualify for 0%, you will be lucky to find anyone who will finance for less than 4% at 60 months. In all cases, the $1000 and 0% financing beats going with 4% and $2250 rebate in the monthly payment savings.
    2012 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior 5.7L 4WD Double Cab SR5 6.5' Box
    Magnetic Gray
    w/ BFGoodrich A/T LT285/70-17
    RevTek 2.5"/1.5" Leveling Kit w/ Differential Drop, Linex XTra Bedliner, Undercover SE Tonneau, Info Buttons,
    RS3200 Activated with GBS, BAMuffler, WeatherTech Floor Liners & Underseat Cargo Storage

Liked
    10 times

Agree with TundraRockWarrior, I took the (at the time) .9% over the rebate (first '12 to roll off the hauler, I saw it delivered and it was not a s/o), the lowest I could get with traditional financing was 3.99%, did the math and was way ahead doing the financing discount, you would be too.

If you have not already, I believe you can apply on-line at TFS to see what you qualify for. IMO the dealer should have handled all of this and locked the loan before you ordered the truck.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    2 times

Thanks guys - lol, our credit rating is over 800 or whatever the heck my wife (who's worked at the bank for 25 years) says is top of the line, so I think we're good to go!!! Heading out in about an hour....

Liked
    10 times

You should have no issues with 0%. We're about the same with rating and the dealer let me take the truck from Wisconsin home to Colorado without the paperwork being completed. They had to FedEx the paperwork out here for my wife to sign and I flew in to get my old car a couple weeks later and they picked me up at the airport. That's customer service.

Liked
    16 times
    Images

Ask the to show you Invoice Price and add on rebates. thats it lol
    -2008 Toyota Tundra V8
    SR5 Tow Package 4x2
    5.7l Dual VVTI
    Bilstein 5100 All Around
    K&N 63 Series CAI
    Dirtydeedsindustries/BAMufflers Exhaust
    -2006 Toyota Tundra V8

Limited TRD Offroad Package 4x2
    4.7L VVTI
    35w 5000k Fog Light HID's
    K&N Drop-In Filter
    BAMufflers/Dirtydeedsindustries Exhaust

Lurking Member
    Liked
    2 times

It went totally smooooooth. Salesman said it was the highest credit score they've seen in over 6 months, blah, blah, blah, don't care, got my new truck and love it.

Thanks for the help before we headed over though, I had enough stress built up and it was nice to remove one of them.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-16-2013, 05:03 AM