Radiator Leak

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Radiator Leak

Liked
    16 times

Default Radiator Leak

My 2007 5.7 has a rad leak! I was changing the oil and noticed a bunch of dried anti-freeze on the bottom of the rad, I looked up and sure enough the reservoir was low. I've never seen any on the ground, has anyone else seen this? A new rad is over $800 from Toyota. The rad shop says the plastic tank situation does not allow repair on these.

C
    007 Crewmax TRD, 305 65R18 BFG All Terrain T/A's, Undercover tonneau upgraded to Leer 100 XL cap, line-x bed, Toyota steps, Pioneer AVICZ110/120 BT bypassed with Rostra backup camera with 2 sets of Focal 165V30's, Tekonsha Prodigy, Powerslot Rotors & Hawk Lt pads, K&N 77 Series CAI, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator, OME Shocks & Springs, Low Range Offroad diff drop & blocks, TRD rear sway bar, Firestone airbags and compressor, 2012 TRD Rock Warrior Shift Knob, G-Tek Door Sill Protectors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    27 times

Have you tried looking into an after market one made by Koyo? They are great quality and cost a fraction of what Toyota wants.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Liked
    216 times

Default Re: Radiator Leak

Rock Auto has a replacement one for $230. Specs are shown in link below.
    More Information for SPECTRA PREMIUM CU2994
    "You can lead a smart-ass kid to knowledge, but you can be sure that he'll have to argue with the facts"

Liked
    16 times

Thanks for the Koy and Rock auto info! Does anyone know if any other super high quality ones made or an aftermarket replacement upgrade? I would love to get away from the plastic tank situation.
    Last edited by seahaul; 06-14-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    007 Crewmax TRD, 305 65R18 BFG All Terrain T/A's, Undercover tonneau upgraded to Leer 100 XL cap, line-x bed, Toyota steps, Pioneer AVICZ110/120 BT bypassed with Rostra backup camera with 2 sets of Focal 165V30's, Tekonsha Prodigy, Powerslot Rotors & Hawk Lt pads, K&N 77 Series CAI, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator, OME Shocks & Springs, Low Range Offroad diff drop & blocks, TRD rear sway bar, Firestone airbags and compressor, 2012 TRD Rock Warrior Shift Knob, G-Tek Door Sill Protectors.

Liked
    216 times

The only total aluminum radiator for the 1-Gen Tundra 4.7L that I'm aware of is the Mishimoto, but it DOES NOT have a built in trans cooler, so must use an external cooler for trans cooler. Its MSRP is pretty steep at $600 also.
    Toyota Tundra Performance Aluminum Radiator Manual, 2000-2004, by Mishimoto
    "You can lead a smart-ass kid to knowledge, but you can be sure that he'll have to argue with the facts"

Liked
    27 times

Koyo makes a lot of aluminum radiators for numerous imports. You could contact them and see what they say. Be careful where you buy the plastic ones. There are a few websites that sell knockoffs. Just do a google search on the company before you buy one to make sure you aren't getting ripped off.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Liked
    16 times

does anyone know who makes the Yota one?