Low tone rattle from frontend

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Low tone rattle from frontend

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Low tone rattle from frontend

I know how hard it is to try and diagnose a noise based on a post............I can't diagnose it and the dealer hasn't diagnosed it while driving the 2007 Tundra. The noise occurs when slowly accelerating from a stop and durning stops, particularly at low speeds. May occur at other times, but can't be heard. Almost like something moving around in the dash, but it isn't. Comes from the frontend. Not much to go on I know. If the truck is raised off the ground to rotate the tires, the noise goes away for about a day, then starts again. Have you experienced this? Could it be the struts? Noise is driving me nuts....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Default Re: Low tone rattle from frontend

I had a similar noise in my 2010. It turned out to be the main wiring harness attachment at the firewall, right side. Disconnected the harness from is mounting and noise went away.
    2010 DCab SR5 4.6l Pyrite Mica
    TRD Off-Road Pkg
    TRD perf intake
    TRD rear sway bar

Liked
    61 times

Is it almost a sort if low sounding creak or clunking? I am hearing that in the front end of my 11 DC 4x4. Low speed, suspension is moving or braking. In and out of h

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App
    Its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow.

Liked
    61 times

Of the driveway mostly.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App
    Its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow.

Liked
    36 times
    Images

You can try this one....
    Creaking Dash, Mirror, you name it....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    08 Limited DC 4x4 Black/Charcoal
    TRD SuperCharger, TRD Cat Back, TRD 22" Forged 5 Spoke
    Odessey Battery, Pioneer Avic Z120BT, PAC SWI-PS, PAC TATO, RockFord Fosgate P1000 w/remote powering a JL SteathBox
    Factory matched tint, Paint matched grill surround, Sequoia mirror caps, Sequoia door handles, Debadged, Appearance rear bumper w/ sonar, Removed step bars
    Full interior LED's including vanity, puddle, reverse, cargo, and license plate LED's, DirectJG 35w 4500k HID's Low Beams, 35w 6000k Fogs, 55w 6000k High Beams, Side marker bulb delete, 2010 TailLights, EBAY bought LED/Smoked 3rd brake Light, Chrome painted amber DRL's and blinker bulbs
    More to come......

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Just went through this. Almost the same types of sounds that you are describing. It's hard to describe sounds in a literary form. It turns out that I had loose bolts in the steering rack. It only took the dealer three times to figure that out. Two in warrenty and one out. They did it under goodwill. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Tundra 5.7 double cab 4x4

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

A creak.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks. I'll check this today.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by colaman View Post
    Just went through this. Almost the same types of sounds that you are describing. It's hard to describe sounds in a literary form. It turns out that I had loose bolts in the steering rack. It only took the dealer three times to figure that out. Two in warrenty and one out. They did it under goodwill. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Tundra 5.7 double cab 4x4
    I'll check this out today. Thank you!

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBonez View Post
    Thanks for the link - lots of squeaks, rattles and creaks!

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by bucstundra View Post
    I had a similar noise in my 2010. It turned out to be the main wiring harness attachment at the firewall, right side. Disconnected the harness from is mounting and noise went away.
    I'll check this out. Thanks

Liked
    13 times
    Images

I had the same thing on my '08 DC, drove me nuts for several months until I noticed the right front strut leaking. The dealer replaced it under warranty. I had been under there several times and never noticed the leak. 48k miles but I have the extended warranty, cost me $50. Not a single squeak or rattle since, hope this helps.
    2008 DC 5.7 LTD "Big Red", Leather w heated seats. LineX bed liner, Extend a bed, ARE hard bed cover, DIY underseat rear storage, (Nav mod, all nav functions all the time), Always on backup camera switch, Firestone Ride Rite air bags, Sway bar, Supercharged, Auburn LSD with stock 4.30 gears.