2013 Work Truck Tundra Rear View Mirror Options for Temperature Display

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 2013 Work Truck Tundra Rear View Mirror Options for Temperature Display

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 2013 Work Truck Tundra Rear View Mirror Options for Temperature Display

I just bought a 2013 Work Truck Tundra, Dual Cab, 4x4 flex fuel with 5.7l V8. That approach forces a few shortcomings on you, but saves so much money I will still have a big profit left after adding back the few things I really want such as keyless entry. Since the work truck level comes with power windows and locks, it is low cost and easy to add keyless entry.

However, there are two other minor features that I really want as well, simultaneous outdoor temperature and compass direction display. Searching this forum, I have read that there are a number of mirror options that can be adapted to various Tundra models to provide this capability. An expensive option for $249 here Gentex Auto-dimming Mirrors from MITO Corporation Excellence in Electronics for Auto, Car, Truck, SUV, RV and Boats gives you a brand new Gentex auto dimming mirror with compass and temp display. There is also the option of buying a used Gentex mirror off ebay or from salvage yards at a much lower price.

For compass capability, obviously the mirror does not need a special signal wire for that because it just senses the earth's magnetic field itself. However, for the outdoor temperature display, the mirror would need a signal wire connected to a temp sensor located remotely. My "work truck" has no outdoor temp display of any kind right now. Does this mean that it likely has no temp sensor already mounted or even a wire for a temp sensor leading to the overhead console? And if the temp sensor and wire for it must be installed from scratch, is it a hard job to route the sensor wire cleanly to the overhead console?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 2013 Work Truck Tundra Rear View Mirror Options for Temperature Display

Can anyone comment on the process of running an outdoor temperature sensor wire to the overhead console on a late model Tundra dual cab, say from 2010 up? Are there any tips or tricks to make the job easier?

Veteran Member
    Liked
    33 times

Default Re: 2013 Work Truck Tundra Rear View Mirror Options for Temperature Display

My friend actually have an oem rear view mirror with temp, home link, compass for sale. He's in Houston. Pm me if you're interested. I will give you his contact info.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    33 times

I think all trucks are wired with sensors and such. All you need is parts and plug in. At least that's what my truck is. You will need to check yours to be sure though.