Rear Cup Holders on Crewmax

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rear Cup Holders on Crewmax

Liked
    25 times

Default Rear Cup Holders on Crewmax

So I've searched to see if this has been done yet and couldn't find anything.

Basically looking to see if anyone has changed the rear console portion on their crewmax to a double cab version?

Reason being when you have three people in the back of the crewmax there really isn't any cup holders back there. But in looking at the double cabs console they do have cup holders that flip out of the console. Genius. Why in the hell Toyota decided the crewmax didn't need this option is "mind bottling".

I know I'd have to move or eliminate the rear air vents but I don't think that would be too difficult..

Thoughts? Can it be done?

I found a toyota factory part and it's a bit steep at $240. But if anyone knows where we can find the part cheaper I think I'd be interested in giving this a go...
    Current -
    2008 White Crewmax 4x4
    2005 Camry

Past -
    2000 Tundra - Sold -130K miles
    1995 4runner - Sold - 193K

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    118 times

Default Re: Rear Cup Holders on Crewmax

The cheapest option would be to just get 2 of those utility tray/cup holders that hang off the back of the front seats. And they fold up when not in use.
    All that work and expense of hackin up your console and then you lose the rear air vents, just for cup holders, seems a kinda silly to me. And the last thing I want is a full back seat of people, playing with drinks and food.
    But, then again, I'm a d!ck.

Liked
    1 times

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you, but 13 cup holders in the CM and you want more? I mean no offense, I just never thought that I would see someone with this dilemma.

Good luck in your quest.
    Me: Pyrite Mica 2007 Tundra CrewMax 4x2, SR5, 5.7, Sensors, Back Up Camera, Line-X, Fully Tinted
    Wife: White 2006 Highlander Hybrid

Liked
    24 times

Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaConvert View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you, but 13 cup holders in the CM and you want more? I mean no offense, I just never thought that I would see someone with this dilemma.

Good luck in your quest.
    Totally "mind-bottling"!!!!

(i couldn't resist, sorry.)

ebay. seen a few flash on there.

Liked
    25 times

Alright. Alright. I get it. It may have 13 but those 13 suck for the rear passengers. That's all.

Just figured I couldn't be the only one that thought it was dumb of Toyota to remove rear cup holders from their consoles when they had them in the DC's of the '04 - '06 era.

Oh well. Ya'll gonna be jealous of my 15 cup holders after I figure this out.
    Current -
    2008 White Crewmax 4x4
    2005 Camry

Past -

Liked
    118 times

The crewmax is a much bigger cab.
    If mine didn't have rear vents for the heat/AC, the rear passengers would be cold in winter and hot in summer.
    It would take forever to condition the entire cab without them.

"I'm freezing to death back here!
    Oh we'll, at least I have a place to put my drink."

I'm sure that's what Toyota was thinking when they ran extra duct work for the bigger cab.
    If they got rid of the rear vents and put in cup holders, everyone would be calling them idiots and asking why they don't have rear vents.
    Last edited by RRzxter; 11-28-2012 at 09:40 PM.

Liked
    24 times

Quote Originally Posted by slowyota View Post
    Alright. Alright. I get it. It may have 13 but those 13 suck for the rear passengers. That's all.

Just figured I couldn't be the only one that thought it was dumb of Toyota to remove rear cup holders from their consoles when they had them in the DC's of the '04 - '06 era.

Oh well. Ya'll gonna be jealous of my 15 cup holders after I figure this out.
    Just make everyone in the back drink out of resealable containers and use their crotch to hold 'em. There is a reason they call the middle seat "sitting bieotch".

Liked
    3 times

There are only 4 cup holders , 1 ash tray holder, and 4 bottle holders (1 on each door) . How do u get 13 .?.

Liked
    3 times

"..............
    Last edited by Djackman777; 11-28-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Liked
    118 times

The crewmax with the front bench seat has 6 cup holders and 8 bottle holders in the doors.
    It's kinda silly.
    Why do you need so many frikkin refreshments?
    You're driving for cryin out loud, not jogging.
    Vettelover84 likes this.

Liked
    24 times

Quote Originally Posted by RRzxter View Post
    The crewmax with the front bench seat has 6 cup holders and 8 bottle holders in the doors.
    It's kinda silly.
    Why do you need so many frikkin refreshments?
    You're driving for cryin out loud, not jogging.

Truck must have come without power steering.

Liked
    25 times

I don't smoke so technically I count that as a holder.

3 in the front console and my doors have 2 in each door for 8. Brings us to 11 and then the middle pull down console when you don't have 3 people riding in the back...that has 2 in it. So you're at 13.

BTW - you're telling me that Toyota couldn't have done both the air vents and the holders? In looking at the double cab the cup holder folds out of the top of the console...so why not install the air vents below that or even on the side? And yeah the cab is big but it's not so big that the vents up front don't reach back there and if you look there's also more vents on the floor under the front passenger seats. So there's plenty of air getting back there.
    Current -
    2008 White Crewmax 4x4
    2005 Camry

Past -

Liked
    3 times

If i'm not mistaken I think my 2011 DC has rear facing AC/heater vents under the front seats. As for needing 13 cup holders, the more the merrier. I can use as many as I can get because I use them to stash all kinds of junk(napkins, wet wipes, spare change, bags of munchies, etc.)

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

My 2008 Sequoia has rear facing vents and cup holders that fold down located below the vents.

Liked
    6 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Djackman777 View Post
    There are only 4 cup holders , 1 ash tray holder, and 4 bottle holders (1 on each door) . How do u get 13 .?.
    The CrewMax has 2 in each door, totalling 8 in the doors. Two up front, plus I also count the ash tray holder (since it's the perfect size for a small coffee cup and I don't smoke...just keep change in the ash tray anyways). Then the two in the middle seat armrest (which I also never see, since my daughters car seat is permanently affixed there).
    -Bryce

Mine: 2008 Tundra CM Ltd 4X4 Nautical Blue/Tan, 80k, 3/1 level, 305/55R20 Toyo A/T's, MBRP dual exhaust, 3" Westin step bars, Debadged, WeatherTech mats & a SnugTop Rebel for the Danes
    The wifs: 2006 Lexus GX470 Blizzard Pearl/Tan, All-weather mats, 100k

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.