Question for the bass heads out there

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Question for the bass heads out there

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Question for the bass heads out there

What's up guys, new to the forum and recently landed a job at a Toyota dealership and I was gaining interest in a Tundra. Preferably an 07+ Crewmax but I would suffice for a double cab. Basically I've done my homework on it and read up of how it's a great truck, but my question is what is my absolute best option for an over the top dual subwoofer setup without getting rid of the back seats.

I knew a kid a while back with an 07 DC with two 15" Alpine Type R's but I wasn't sure of his setup and was basically wondering if anyone knew of any great setups for 12 or 15" subs. I know 15's are really pushing it due to lack of space so 12's would probably be my best bet, I'd prefer to stay away from 10's though I do know of some 10's hitting decently. Also if anyone knew where to order a box for 12's or someone who makes a box for 15's that would be awesome.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks alot!
    -Spence'

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    3 times
    Images

Default Re: Question for the bass heads out there

I put a wedge box in my CM, lost only one click on the slide back, running MBQuart 12's and powered by a SONY ES 1000w amp at 2ohms. Hits just fine for me although I could use about .3-.5 more cu/ft of space in the overall box. I custom built it and could see running an extension under the seats and porting either on the sides or out under the seats towards the driver...but it hits just fine for a work truck. Took about 6 hrs to make the box.

Liked
    35 times

it seems the biggest boxes are all under seat setups. plenty of choices out there.

Liked
    14 times

^You can't do an under seat box in a CM because the seat bottom drops down when you move the seatback. I suppose you can if you don't plan on ever moving the seat.

Liked
    66 times

If your near la go to 11th street and you'll save tons of cash on a system. I have 1 15 behin the drivers seat and I've ha it for 2 years. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Veteran Member
    Liked
    155 times
    Images

Question for all the bass heads out there

Are you calling us fish heads???

Liked
    105 times

Not enough room behind or under the seat of a DC for a massive sub setup. I have a JL Audio 10" shallow mount in a box that is on the smaller side for the sub. I literally had to take the grille off the sub to fit it under the rear seat in my 2010 DC. Also, it gives a low end to the music and a little feel, but there is no way it is going to rattle the truck. I'm older now, I don't need to "entertain" the neighborhood as I pass through anymore. I just wanted a more full spectrum of sound.

If you want a ridiculous setup and still have a back seat, you will need a crewmax and a behind the seat wedge box.
    2010 white RW DC
    Rostra backup camera, TRD sway bar, BHLM, LineX
    folding seat mod, dual 2.25 Powersticks
    JL Audio 8w3v3 sub w/Kenwood KAC-8104D amp, Polk DB651s fronts, dash tweeter bypass
    non-relay anytime fog light mod, Firestone Ride-Rite airbags