Question Weather Tec in front DC Bench.

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 11Tundra

Thread: Weather Tec in front DC Bench.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Weather Tec in front DC Bench.

New here, but fantastic forum. I bought an 07 DC new and absolutely loved it and just picked up my 2013 DC. This time around, I got the bench up front and was wondering if anyone has the Weather Tec Floor Liners in a front bench DC. I want the liners, but am unsure how they will sit against the middle hump. Anybody with experience chime in, pics would be even better.

If anyone has an alternative over the hump liner up front they like, let me know.

FYI - Westin Platinum nerf bars, 5100's all around, revtek block, skid plate, and deck rails on the way. Now just to decide on 18" or 20" wheels and tires.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    110 times

Default Re: Weather Tec in front DC Bench.

Here's some pics of the Weathertech DigitalFit floor mats in a 2011 DC with the bench seats. Don't believe Weathertech makes a *DigitalFit* floor mat that covers the transmission hump.

Link for a Husky floor mat that covers the transmission hump: Husky Liners Custom Fit Front Center Hump Liner for Select Toyota Tundra Models (Black) : Amazon.com : Automotive
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tundra Weathertech 06Feb2012 001.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	92042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tundra Weathertech 06Feb2012 002.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	92043  

Liked
    394 times
    Images

For what it's worth I have weathertechs in my crew max and I am not overly impressed. I just think they are overpriced. The drivers side fits perfect but the passenger side slides around bad. There are no dimples on the bottom of the mats. Drivers side is hooked in so it is not a problem but not the case on the passenger side. If I had to do it all over again I would probably have bought the huskies or something else cheaper and saved some coin. Just something to consider before buying.
    2012 Crewmax TRD 5.7, 4x4, 15% tint all around plus sunstrip. Ionic Gladiator running boards. Weathertechs front and rear. Line X, AVS vent visors. Viper 5301 2 way remote start, MBRP S5316304 cat back exhaust. Bakflip Fibermax tonneau cover.
    Traded in my 05 4x4 DC, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Catback15820, Line X bedliner.

Junior Member SuperWhiteWarrior's Avatar
    Liked
    12 times

I sold off my weathertechs for some husky weatherbeaters for the same reasons^^
    '11 SW Rock Warrior DC

Liked
    110 times

Quote Originally Posted by cheapskate View Post
    For what it's worth I have weathertechs in my crew max and I am not overly impressed. I just think they are overpriced. The drivers side fits perfect but the passenger side slides around bad. There are no dimples on the bottom of the mats. Drivers side is hooked in so it is not a problem but not the case on the passenger side. If I had to do it all over again I would probably have bought the huskies or something else cheaper and saved some coin. Just something to consider before buying.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperWhiteWarrior View Post
    I sold off my weathertechs for some husky weatherbeaters for the same reasons^^
    I'll agree the complaints about the Tundra Weathertech DigitalFit front, *passenger-side* mat are justified. They do move, and for some, it can be very irritating.

However, IMO, the Tundra Weathertech DigitalFit mats have a superior design around the door sill area that does a much better job of keeping water, mud, slush, and snow from getting underneath the mat and onto your carpet. Quite often I get my water shoes completely, dripping, soaking wet (with saltwater) while launching various watercraft. With the Husky Weatherbeater the saltwater would run right underneath the mat (right above the door sill area) and soak my carpet. Needless to say, after a few days the saltwater aroma on the carpet would just make my day Switched over to the Weathertech DigitalFit and now have no problem with water running underneath the mat and soaking my carpets.

For me, the Tundra Weathertech Digital-Fit front passenger-side movement problem pales in comparison to this lack of water protection around the door sill area with the Tundra Husky Weatherbeaters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weathertech vs Husky - Door Sill Protection copy.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	92078  
    Last edited by 11Tundra; 11-30-2012 at 06:43 PM.
    cheapskate likes this.

Liked
    394 times
    Images

You make an excellent point and the pictures really prove your point. I will never have the same problem you have but it's good to see people offer up opinion that is backed up with some real life experience.
    2012 Crewmax TRD 5.7, 4x4, 15% tint all around plus sunstrip. Ionic Gladiator running boards. Weathertechs front and rear. Line X, AVS vent visors. Viper 5301 2 way remote start, MBRP S5316304 cat back exhaust. Bakflip Fibermax tonneau cover.
    Traded in my 05 4x4 DC, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Catback15820, Line X bedliner.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks everyone for the input. My weatherbeaters hit the front porch today. Very pleased.