Need Advice on Double Cab under seat storage solutions

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Need Advice on Double Cab under seat storage solutions

Liked
    11 times

Default Need Advice on Double Cab under seat storage solutions

Dad is asking for an under-seat storage box/organizer for his 2012 Limited Double Cab. I have the CrewMax, so I've never looked into them. I see there are several options out there, including Husky, Du Ha, and I believe Toyota has one also. Can anyone who has one comment or give advice as to which one you went with and why? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    22 times
    Images

Default Re: Need Advice on Double Cab under seat storage solutions

I got a Du Ha for my Limited DC Tundra. Toyota strangely does not make one compatible with the JBL sub woofer in my truck. I don't remember why I picked the Du Ha over the Husky but I have no complaints with mine so far and it was incredibly easy to install.
    2011 Tundra DC Limited 5.7L 4x4 TRD Off Road with towing package, JBL Navigation and Factory installed TRD dual exhaust. Mods: Toyota stainless steel stepboards, Toyota bed mat, WeatherTech floor liners, AutoBahn shift knob, Truxedo LoPro tonneau, TRD Racing logo receiver cover, TRD rear sway bar, Du-Ha underseat storage, G-Tek Fab black carbide texture door sill protectors.

Liked
    109 times

Quote Originally Posted by xsnrg View Post
    Dad is asking for an under-seat storage box/organizer for his 2012 Limited Double Cab. I have the CrewMax, so I've never looked into them. I see there are several options out there, including Husky, Du Ha, and I believe Toyota has one also. Can anyone who has one comment or give advice as to which one you went with and why? Thanks!
    The Du-Ha storage unit has much more storage area than the OEM Toyota version, especially for longer items like shotguns, rifles, collapsible fishing rods, and thicker, taller items. In fact, the Du-Ha comes with plastic, foam inserts specifically designed for storing shotguns and rifles. FWIW, I can store my entire weight distribution hitch (bars, hitch assembly, chains, brackets, etc.) inside my Du-Ha (with room to spare) with the rear seats completely down.

The bottom of the rear seats cover the open Du-Ha unit which maximizes storage capability. The OEM Toyota version is flatter (with less vertical space); however, it has dedicated covered compartments that enable smaller items to be stored inside so they're not exposed when the rear seats are in the raised position.

For some the OEM Toyota version might be preferable when placing large, flat items (like cardboard boxes) in the back with the rear seats folded up. With the compartment covers all closed, the OEM Toyota version would offer a large, flat area for storage (with the rear seats folded up). The Du-Ha is more of an open cavity with the rear seats folded up and would not offer as much support.

They're both excellent, well made units. Just a matter of personal preference.
    Last edited by 11Tundra; 12-10-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Liked
    11 times

anyone go with the Husky? Curious how it differs from the Du Ha better or worse. Were there others out there to consider as well? Based on feedback so far, I'd be leaning toward the Du Ha that is sub-woofer compatible since he has a Limited.

Liked
    35 times

I went with the Du-Ha. Being able to partition it off is a huge bonus as it keeps things from sliding around and getting as lost. I have stored rifles, large umbrellas and a fishing rod under the seat without issues. i would say the husky is a slight step up from the Toyota box, but I would not consider it myself.

Liked
    312 times
    Images

Here's what I did:
    DIY: - Underseat storage
    07' SR5 DC 4x4, 5.7, TRD
    Toyota SS steps
    ARE MX cap
    AMP bed step

DIY underseat storage
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    Weathertech Vent Visors
    Ultragauge EM
    Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    Techstream

CBTMA member
    aip override 1.1.pdf
    Block Off Plate

Liked
    1 times

Old ammunition box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1966.JPG 
Views:	425 
Size:	526.6 KB 
ID:	92420 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1973.JPG 
Views:	298 
Size:	499.0 KB 
ID:	92421
    Current:.....2007 Tundra Double Cab Limited 4x4
    Former:......2005 Tacoma TRD Access Cab 4x4
    ................1992 4Runner SR5 4x4
    ................1982 Pickup SR5 4x4

Liked
    11 times

Thanks, guys!

Mendosy, I love your solution. I'll probably end up going with the Du Ha since it's a Christmas present and I'm in another state.

Liked
    218 times
    Images

the problem with these is if you put the seats up you lose a lot of floor space. That's where my dog hangs out so I have never got one of these. It would be nice though
    Last edited by Breathing Borla; 12-14-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    2013 Ram Crew Sport 4x4, 5.7, 8-speed, 3.92, Borla exhaust
    2010 Tundra 4x4 5.7 Limited, Slate, TRD RW Wheels with 33" Cooper ST Maxx (sold)
    2001 Tundra 4x4
    2000 tundra 4x4
    1998 Tacoma
    1997 Tacoma
    1995.5 Tacoma

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=348&dateline=12472564  47

Liked
    14 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 11Tundra View Post
    The OEM Toyota version is flatter (with less vertical space); however, it has dedicated covered compartments that enable smaller items to be stored inside so they're not exposed when the rear seats are in the raised position.
    I went with the OEM after it was offered with 20% off at the dealership. And I went ahead and did the rear seat folding mod too.
    "If it has wheels or skirt, it will give you problems!"

2011 4x4 TRD 5.7, Barcelona Red, Dbl Cab, TOW Pkg, DiamondBack LT Truck Cover, Husky WeatherBeaters, Fog Light and rear seats fold-down MODS.