Sold the Tundra... - Page 2

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Sold the Tundra...

Liked
    3 times
    Images

Default Re: Sold the Tundra...

Quote Originally Posted by mattjgerard View Post
    You made the decision that you felt would serve your family best. Nothing wrong with that, enjoy your new ride!

Agreed. Even though I was raised to dislike Chevy's and can't say that I would have made the same decision, you can't fault someone for making the decision they think is best. I think most people just wanted more info on what went into the decision making process. The original post is so concise it makes it seem like the only factor in the decision to get rid of the Tundra was the water pump going out. $614 hurts (makes me glad my Dad and brother are mechanics) and even though that sucks, especially at 49xxx miles, trading in your truck because of it seems to be a large jump to make.
    Tundergas likes this.
    2008 Crewmax SR5 TRD, Flowmasters, Leveling kit, Blacked out grill, Plastidip OEM Wheels

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    24 times

^ what he said. No doubt the Denali is sweet on the inside and the power is nice. I just am all cranky pants on that truck cause of my lousy experience. I'm confident you will have better success or at least I wish it all good. The powers that be just don't want me in a GM vehicle even though I have tried three times in failure.

Liked
    30 times
    Images

Thanks guys....
    Black 2014 Platinum 4x4, seems to have ALL the options, Flowmaster Dual Delta 40's, K&N drop in filter, LineX,4" Tuff Country Suspension lift, Nitto Trail Grapplers 35/12.50/18, Moto Metal M0961's in Chrome 18x9. Fully DeBadged , Stebel horn, TRD Swaybar, Craven Speed Stubby Antenna, 10,000 lb winch, 5000K HID's (all), Production date 8/07
    "CBTMA Member"

Black 2007 D/C Limited 4x4-SOLD
    1997 Chevy Tahoe Sport 4x4 (R.I.P)
    2008 Sequoia Ltd. Slate Metallic (purchased on 3/28/09)

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The MARINES don't have that problem."
    President Ronald Reagan 1985

Liked
    7 times

Had my water pump replaced at 58K and 5 years, 2 months. My dealer covered it complete as part of the 5 yr/60K powertrain warranty, no questions asked.
    2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax SR5 5.7L w/ TRD Package, Blue Streak Metallic/Graphite, FormulaOne Pinnacle Ceramic Tint (30%), auto-dimming mirror, Line-X Bedliner (under the rail), RS3200 alarm/GBS/hood switch, brushed stainless steel running boards, bed extender, door sill protectors, TRD rear sway bar, TRD CAI, Corsa Touring exhaust, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller, Rostra back-up camera and fixed monitor, sport (color matched) grille, factory accelerator pedal and floormats.

Liked
    377 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by RudyDep View Post
    Im not sure why im explaining all this, Im a Moderator in this forum and was saying that I was heartbroken by trading my Tundra and that I would be staying around because of the Sequoia. As of this writing, Im pretty impressed with the Denali and it fits MY needs. Thanks for all the kind words ya'll.
    I think it was just the way you worded your first post. It basically sounded like you dumped your truck because of one repair so the truck was junk. Maybe not your intention, just the way people read it. I read it the same way, but I dont think I would have pounced on you quite as hard as some did. The written word is much easier to be misunderstood than the spoken word.
    Phreak and farkleboy like this.
    2012 Crewmax TRD 5.7, 4x4, 15% tint all around plus sunstrip. Ionic Gladiator running boards. Weathertechs front and rear. Line X, AVS vent visors. Viper 5301 2 way remote start, MBRP S5316304 cat back exhaust. Bakflip Fibermax tonneau cover.
    Traded in my 05 4x4 DC, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Catback15820, Line X bedliner.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

yea...the water pump issue on Tunda's is a joke and most folks on here just whine that you paid the dealer too much.....I also had to pay $1300 bucks for a tranny computer issue at about 95k. I am not happy with the Tundra quality for sure and do not blame you.

r

Lurking Member
    Liked
    6 times

The gaskets on my water pump failed on my 2003 Silverado at 95k. I elected to replace mine with a Napa WP for $140 and installed it myself. Water pumps fail on all makes/models, it's no biggee. My only concern with the Tundra are the AIPs. No issues with mine, but this appears to be the #1 issue with the '07+ generation.
    2012 CrewMax SR5 4X4, 5.7, TRD, Towing, Inyati Bedliner

Liked
    23 times

Just had my water pump replaced at 65K. Dealer originally wanted $600'ish, worked with them and Toyota to get it done for $150 deductable and then I purchased the dealers extended warranty out to 125K and Nov 2016. Nice not to have to worry about it anymore and with zero deductable everytime it acts up it will be in warranty, except for brakes (wear items).

Liked
    2 times

I had my water pump replaced at 57.000 miles, sensors and computer work at 87.000 miles under the warranty no deductible, only problems with the 5.7 in my DC, I figure it is man made vehicle, something is going to break soon or later. Now if the truck does not fit the needs then what's the point to keep it, hope your new truck works out for you. Good luck.
    Tundra DC, 5.7 CAI (by AFE) 22 inch Magnaflow, long bed, 4x4, leather, 6 inch Pro Comp lift, stage II suspension coil over (pro comp), Hypertech in line speedometer calibrator module, 5000 lbs Ride Rite air bags on rear, Air lift Wired to inside cab for air bags, 35 12.5 18 AT Pro comp extreme, 18x8 1/2 polished black rims, rear view camera, rear sonar, spray on liner, bug shield, Tint front wdws (20% to match rear), rear lights rigid Dually D2 Series diffussed flood light to hitch easier @ night, PIAA fog lights nerf bars, tool box, pioneer nav with JBL amp, blue tooth, XM radio, DVD player, 6 CD, Smittybilt bull bar black, tow mirrors, weather Tech mats, Viper 5900 alarm. Optimma red top battery.MK6 Pro comp adjustable shocks on rear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12