Sold the Tundra...

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Sold the Tundra...

Liked
    30 times
    Images

Unhappy Sold the Tundra...

Hey everyone,
    It is with deep sorrow that I announce that I sold my Tundra. I made a decision based on a warranty issue. At 49xxx miles, my water pump took a dump. I took it to the dealer for repair because I bought an extended warranty on my vehicle. I was told that the warranty had just expired and that I was responsible for the total amount of $614. for the repair. I paid it and promptly went next door to the GMC dealer and bought a GMC Yukon Denali, 6.2 ltr AWD. I still however have a Sequoia, so Im not out of the Toyota family, just not driving my Tundra any longer. Ill have a few items for sale in the classifieds, but it pretty much went as is ( with a new waterpump and drivers door switches ). Some lucky Ba$tard will be driving a VERY nice Tundra.
    Rudy
    Last edited by RudyDep; 12-13-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    Black 2014 Platinum 4x4, seems to have ALL the options, Flowmaster Dual Delta 40's, K&N drop in filter, LineX,4" Tuff Country Suspension lift, Nitto Trail Grapplers 35/12.50/18, Moto Metal M0961's in Chrome 18x9. Fully DeBadged , Stebel horn, TRD Swaybar, Craven Speed Stubby Antenna, 10,000 lb winch, 5000K HID's (all), Production date 8/07
    "CBTMA Member"

Black 2007 D/C Limited 4x4-SOLD
    1997 Chevy Tahoe Sport 4x4 (R.I.P)
    2008 Sequoia Ltd. Slate Metallic (purchased on 3/28/09)

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The MARINES don't have that problem."
    President Ronald Reagan 1985

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    99 times

Default Re: Sold the Tundra...

I understand your frustration with the water pump failing. Other than that I'm not sure what your gripe is. You should have known that your warranty had expired without the dealer telling you. It sounds as though you were surprised ??? At any rate good luck with your new truck.
    Delaware
    2007 Tundra SR5 4WD, Super White, RollBak G2 Tonneau
    2012 RC Tacoma, Pyrite Mica [Kid's college vehicle]
    2002 Tacoma, White [Sold]
    2001 Tundra, Green [Sold]

Liked
    53 times

You should have contacted Toyota. There have been a lot of issues with the water pumps. What warranty did you have?

Liked
    46 times
    Images

That was one expensive water pump repair ( (614.00 + 2012 Denalie) - trade in amount on trundra). Makes perfect sense.
    Marek M, Totex, canddmeyer and 1 others like this.

Liked
    6 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by azx33 View Post
    That was one expensive water pump repair ( (614.00 + 2012 Denalie) - trade in amount on trundra). Makes perfect sense.
    LOL. Not sure I would've bent over the bridge THAT far and bought a brand new GM...but to each their own. I guess you have to buy brand new GM's in order for them to be "nice" long for a year before you go and trade it in on yet another brand new GM.

Good luck with your logic and sense.
    Marek M likes this.
    -Bryce

Mine: 2008 Tundra CM Ltd 4X4 Nautical Blue/Tan, 80k, 3/1 level, 305/55R20 Toyo A/T's, MBRP dual exhaust, 3" Westin step bars, Debadged, WeatherTech mats & a SnugTop Rebel for the Danes
    The wifs: 2006 Lexus GX470 Blizzard Pearl/Tan, All-weather mats, 100k

Liked
    3 times

I traded in a my Tundra once. Drove a Ford for 10 months and realized what a major mistake I made! Now I have another Tundra... Never leaving Toyota as my daily driver again, EVER! Good luck with the Denali, those are very nice.

Liked
    10 times

hope (but doubt) that any gm product will hold up as well as any toyota product in the long run. all the parts that i have replaced on my toyotas lately have been produced by delphi( A SUBSIDIARY of gm) when toyota was in bed with gm (really bad move IMO). anyway best of luck with the gm. my water pump has started leaking at 103 k, but i will replace it and keep on driving as i usually dont get rid of my toyotas until they reach 300k or more

Liked
    24 times

Oh dear god good luck with that move.

Something doesn't add up on that water pump job and you not knowing the cost or responsibility.

I owned a 2008 Yukon which is the same stink as you just bought (off the showroom floor). At 800 miles the rear main engine seal went out. At 1,500 miles the transmission blew. I hope you didn't get bent over too bad on it. I got my GM disaster for $32K out the door as they could not get rid of them. Yes, it was a Denali 6.2.

If there ever was a car I hated more, it was that thing. That POS didn't make it to 10K in my garage before I off'ed it.

I hope your luck is better than mine. Obama Motor's RULES!!

Liked
    30 times
    Images

Well guys...thanks for all the votes of confidence...I cut off my nose to spite my.face I'm.sure...I needed an SUV for the three kids and was hoping this Denali lasts until Toyota comes out with a diesel Tundra...but...two years max on it in any event! I got a good deal and have a little equity in it still so I'm not too worried!
    Black 2014 Platinum 4x4, seems to have ALL the options, Flowmaster Dual Delta 40's, K&N drop in filter, LineX,4" Tuff Country Suspension lift, Nitto Trail Grapplers 35/12.50/18, Moto Metal M0961's in Chrome 18x9. Fully DeBadged , Stebel horn, TRD Swaybar, Craven Speed Stubby Antenna, 10,000 lb winch, 5000K HID's (all), Production date 8/07
    "CBTMA Member"

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The MARINES don't have that problem."

Liked
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by RudyDep View Post
    Well guys...thanks for all the votes of confidence...I cut off my nose to spite my.face I'm.sure...I needed an SUV for the three kids and was hoping this Denali lasts until Toyota comes out with a diesel Tundra...but...two years max on it in any event! I got a good deal and have a little equity in it still so I'm not too worried!
    I still however have a Sequoia

Ok, I'm REALLY Confused now! Well, at least you kept the Sequoia, it'll be there for you when the Denali is in the shop.. Why didn't you just buy a Duramax?
    2009 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 5.7L - Pyrite Mica
    Tow Package
    Tow Mirrors
    OEM Drop in Bed Liner
    OEM Fog Lights
    15% Tint all around
    EGR Bug Deflector
    Westin Platinum oval step tubes (black)
    USA-Spec ipod PA15
    Toyota Homelink/Compass Mirror
    K&N drop in filter
    Firestone Air Bags

2012 Wildwood T26RKS travel trailer..

Liked
    6 times

Hey everyone,
    It is with deep sorrow that I announce that I sold my Tundra. I made a decision based on a warranty issue. At 49xxx miles, my water pump took a dump. I took it to the dealer for repair because I bought an extended warranty on my vehicle. I was told that the warranty had just expired and that I was responsible for the total amount of $614. for the repair. I paid it and promptly went next door to the GMC dealer and bought a GMC Yukon Denali, 6.2 ltr AWD. I still however have a Sequoia, so Im not out of the Toyota family, just not driving my Tundra any longer. Ill have a few items for sale in the classifieds, but it pretty much went as is ( with a new waterpump and drivers door switches ). Some lucky Ba$tard will be driving a VERY nice Tundra.
    Rudy
    How long was the extended warrant for? Like mentioned above, you should've called Toyota or the extended warranty surely should have covered the repair..
    2009 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 5.7L - Pyrite Mica
    Tow Package
    Tow Mirrors
    OEM Drop in Bed Liner
    OEM Fog Lights
    15% Tint all around
    EGR Bug Deflector
    Westin Platinum oval step tubes (black)
    USA-Spec ipod PA15
    Toyota Homelink/Compass Mirror
    K&N drop in filter
    Firestone Air Bags

2012 Wildwood T26RKS travel trailer..

Liked
    30 times
    Images

I leased it for two years, then purchased it. I bought a warranty that., to my dismay, started at the time of the purchase, NOT at the end of the factory warranty ... hence, the expired warranty. I took it in on a Friday evening and the warranty place was already closed. We could NOT make contact with them until Monday. Since I use my vehicle for work, and I had to work Friday night, I really didnt have much choice. My Sequoia is the wifes car and its 2wd. I pull a 21ft bassboat, I needed at least AWD and the bigger engine that the Denali had. It wasnt NEW...just NEWER.
    "CBTMA Member"

Liked
    6 times
    Images

Since I use my vehicle for work, and I had to work Friday night, I really didnt have much choice.
    I guess you've never heard of rental cars before then, eh?

I'm also a little confused on the part that you needed something to fit the kids (and already have a Sequoia)...God Speed on that this lasting for 2 years, anyways.
    -Bryce

Mine: 2008 Tundra CM Ltd 4X4 Nautical Blue/Tan, 80k, 3/1 level, 305/55R20 Toyo A/T's, MBRP dual exhaust, 3" Westin step bars, Debadged, WeatherTech mats & a SnugTop Rebel for the Danes
    The wifs: 2006 Lexus GX470 Blizzard Pearl/Tan, All-weather mats, 100k

Liked
    30 times
    Images

Im a Police Officer and my Tundra was equipped with lights and siren which I needed for work. Last I checked, Avis doesnt offer that in their rental cars. The wife works too, she drives her Sequoia and I drive what ever else I own. Ive got twin girls ( 2 yrs old that need car seats ) and a 140 lb Rottie with hip displaysia that couldnt get into the back of the Tundra.
    Im not sure why im explaining all this, Im a Moderator in this forum and was saying that I was heartbroken by trading my Tundra and that I would be staying around because of the Sequoia. As of this writing, Im pretty impressed with the Denali and it fits MY needs. Thanks for all the kind words ya'll.
    Last edited by RudyDep; 12-13-2012 at 01:18 PM.
    "CBTMA Member"

Liked
    61 times

You made the decision that you felt would serve your family best. Nothing wrong with that, enjoy your new ride!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    Its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast