2013 Tundra SRT Crewmax Sonar + Radio Upgrade Options Incompatible??

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 2013 Tundra SRT Crewmax Sonar + Radio Upgrade Options Incompatible??

Lurking Member
    Liked
    2 times

Question 2013 Tundra SRT Crewmax Sonar + Radio Upgrade Options Incompatible??

I've had a 2013 Tundra Crewmax SR5 on order with a dealer for the last 60 days. I ordered factory-installed sonar plus the radio upgrade for bluetooth, XM radio, etc. Now I get a call from the dealer telling me that Southeastern Toyota is telling them that the two options are incompatible. I'm at a loss and pretty fired up. Anyone else have similar issues or heard of this? There's no incompatibility based on the dash layout, so I can't figure this one out.
    Last edited by Caniac Nation; 12-26-2012 at 10:32 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 2013 Tundra SRT Crewmax Sonar + Radio Upgrade Options Incompatible??

I have a '08 Crewmax Limited with factory sonar, bluebooth and JBL stereo which has a button for xm radio, I didn't order the xm but all those options were available in '08 when I ordered my truck.

Only thing I can see as a problem is if you ordered an SR5 and some items are not available unless a limited?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 2013 Tundra SRT Crewmax Sonar + Radio Upgrade Options Incompatible??

2013 got weird with the trim levels and options. I have a 2013 crewmax platinum with sonor and the jbl upgrade- Bluetooth, xm, navigation etc. (platinum used to be a package, now it is an actual trim level). I was looking for the upgraded JBL with entune but that was only available on the SR5 not the platinum level. I didn't believe my dealer until I grabbed the 2013 book and looked at the option guides in the back
    They could be selecting the wrong JBL upgraded audio for the SR5 you are ordering. The entune JBL upgrade is specifically a different audio option.