King C/O's vs. Camburg C/O's ?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 08SILVERMAX

Thread: King C/O's vs. Camburg C/O's ?

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

Default King C/O's vs. Camburg C/O's ?

I'm trying to decide between King or Camburg Coilovers. Got a baby on the way and trying to smooth the ride on these jacked up CA freeways. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    7 times

Default Re: King C/O's vs. Camburg C/O's ?

You may also want to look at the Icon Vehicle Dynamics Coilovers as well. I have a Stage 2 kit installed on my Tundra with Total Chaos UCA's. Awesome setup. Smooth ride.
    escondidotundra likes this.

Liked
    388 times

Quote Originally Posted by 08SILVERMAX View Post
    You may also want to look at the Icon Vehicle Dynamics Coilovers as well. I have a Stage 2 kit installed on my Tundra with Total Chaos UCA's. Awesome setup. Smooth ride.
    pick your company by who gives you the best customer service. I've done business with probably all shock manufacturers in the off road business. Hands down King will give you the best product and the best service. You're close enough to drive to King and take their 'class' or lessons. They'll actually build your new shocks right in front of you if you go in and pay cash. No other shock company offers such personalized service.
    I like to build BAmufflers

Liked
    6 times

I have driven gen 1 Tundras that have had all 3. Nothing wrong with either 3, two of them have more offroad handling behavior but feel softer on the street. The Camburg and especially the king coil over lift are more designed for offroad use and are a bit on the plush side; you really need that offroad. The Icon coil over lift has firmer valving and a bit more progressive so it will not get soft on you on the street where you drive the most and need stiffer handling. The Icons seem to recover faster from offroad to street handling.

If you are planning on running 33" tires and not going offroad much and want too keep tame handling, Icon coilovers would be my personal preference, although King has great customer service.

As for the upper control arms I am biased and prefer Camburg UCA's over the others. Nothing wrong with Icon or TC, but in my UCA preference Icon is a very close 2nd and TC does not even place 3rd. Get UCA's before getting your coilovers if you plan on piecing together your lift. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    Last edited by PointCrossed; 12-30-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Liked
    8 times

Pick your color.... All are top notch.
    Tim
    '07 DC 5.7L

PM me for Techstream help in OR/WA

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.