Bilstein 5100 and TRD springs

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Bilstein 5100 and TRD springs

Rookie
    Liked
    4 times

Default Bilstein 5100 and TRD springs

I have a 2011 CM Non TRD. I was looking to to level out the front suspension.

I was looking to put Bilsein 5100's all around. What i was looking to do was pick up some TRD springs and put them on the bilstein's.

Now will the TRD spring fit into the non TRD upper mount? Or would i need to purchase TRD upper mounts.

Also is there is a different in TRD and TRD off road springs?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    6 times
    Images

I have had this exact question also. In the research I've done looking at parts diagrams it looks like the springs vary by cab, wheelbase, drive type and offroad/non-offroad (offroad includes TRD offroad and Rock warrior). It looks like the front coil springs and the rear leaf springs all vary. OE prices to get the TRD offroad springs run about $1400 new, which is nuts (the rear leafs run $560 each side new).

Personally I'm looking at Rancho Quicklift Loadeds swapping to TRD offroad springs, the 9000xls in the rear and then 2" Coachbuilder shackles (leaving the stock leafs or maybe swapping to OMEs and forgoing the shackles).

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    Matt
    2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Platinum 4x4

Rookie
    Liked
    4 times

Default Re: Bilstein 5100 and TRD springs

Quote Originally Posted by phobos512 View Post
    I have had this exact question also. In the research I've done looking at parts diagrams it looks like the springs vary by cab, wheelbase, drive type and offroad/non-offroad (offroad includes TRD offroad and Rock warrior). It looks like the front coil springs and the rear leaf springs all vary. OE prices to get the TRD offroad springs run about $1400 new, which is nuts (the rear leafs run $560 each side new).

Personally I'm looking at Rancho Quicklift Loadeds swapping to TRD offroad springs, the 9000xls in the rear and then 2" Coachbuilder shackles (leaving the stock leafs or maybe swapping to OMEs and forgoing the shackles).

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Was that quote for shocks and springs?

I was just looking to use TRD coils on the bilstein 5100.

Liked
    188 times

I don't think the springs get changed for TRD other than the lowered kit. TRD changes the shock/strut part

Liked
    6 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SE2000 View Post
    I don't think the springs get changed for TRD other than the lowered kit. TRD changes the shock/strut part
    Well they list different parts for offroad or not offroad packages and another member who had installed the Ranchos on his truck found a significant difference between the springs that came on his Rock Warrior and those on a non offroad. So I'm pretty sure they're different.

The price I listed in my last post was coil springs and leaf springs only. Stock parts from Sparks for offroad are $132/coil and $560/leaf pack before shipping.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Matt
    2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Platinum 4x4

Rookie
    Liked
    4 times

Do the non trd upper coil mount for the trd coil spring ?

Liked
    45 times

Why are you wanting to run the TRD springs? The Bilstein 5100s are adjustable and will allow you to level out the truck with the stock springs.

Rookie
    Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
    Why are you wanting to run the TRD springs? The Bilstein 5100s are adjustable and will allow you to level out the truck with the stock springs.
    was just looking for a coil spring with a more progressive spring rate than the stock non TRD coil spring