Best two mods in your tundra!! - Page 2

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Best two mods in your tundra!!

Liked
    20 times

Default Re: Best two mods in your tundra!!

^^

Like I said, the thread title is misleading. Seatbelt chimes don't fit the bill.

Its not the 2 best mods, its the two best mods to insure/promote longevity.
    ----
    2010 CrewMax SR5 Slate Metallic 5.7L TRD
    Mods: N-Fab 4 step, TRD Sway Bar, Window Tint, Door Sill Protectors, debadged, WeatherTech Digital mats, V-Led Interior Lights - 4 LED High Power 6K, TRD Supercharger

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    3 times

Window tint keeps the sun out and increases the longevity of your interior. Floor mats keep the outside elements from wrecking your carpet which increases the longevity of the carpet life. How is the thread misleading exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    TOY #1: 2013 Tundra CrewMax SR5 4x4
    TOY #2: 1988 Mustang GT (The "SS" Destroyer)

TOY #3: TBD

Liked
    3 times

My bad, misread what you said. "Thread title", agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    TOY #1: 2013 Tundra CrewMax SR5 4x4
    TOY #2: 1988 Mustang GT (The "SS" Destroyer)

TOY #3: TBD

Liked
    18 times
    Images

I got a kick out of the posts suggesting adding fuel and changing the oil -- but, seriously, what MODS are gonna make the truck last longer, look better or make it more useful or convenient?

Hmmmm...

First thing I did was add a color-matched Line-X spray-in bedliner. Now, I can actually stand up in the bed when it's wet or has even a little snow lubricating the slippery paint.

Second thing is to add running boards that lower and turn on LEDs whenever you open a door. They're more than a little spendy, but having 'em up against the rocker panels means they're not so snow-packed when you need 'em most. Well, maybe this isn't a priority if your wife hasn't had a knee replaced recently.

Added an inverter to run Christmas light in our local holiday parade.

Lookin' for a reciever insert that allows me to drop in the loop on my tow strap. More thn one guy around here spends the winter with the tow strap in the bed, one end through the locking hitch pin.

Next thing I wanna do is add a bed cover. My favorite is the Undercover brand, 'cause you can stand on it,but it's still lightweight. The wife and I can take it off easily, but it still foils luggage thieves. You can crawl up on it to wash the roof, too.

When the carpet floor mats wear down (probably about one winter hereabouts), I'd love to replace em with something that'll catch the snow and won't drip the water all over when and if the heater gets warm enough to melt stuff down on the floor. (we haven't seen a high temp above twenty in over a week.)

Not gonna improve mileage or performance, but I really like the new grill from the top-of-the line Tundras after about 2010. Does Sparks still sell that with the hardware needed to put it on my '07?

I'm getting old enough that a bed step might be nice -- though I can still jump to a seated position on the tailgate, and squirm upright from there.
    Larry Lawton
    Retired in Wyoming
    07 Salsa Red CrewMax Limited

Liked
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by cheapskate View Post
    Toku:
    I disagree with you on the weathertechs. I have them too but I dont think they are worth the money. Yes, the fit is perfect, but nothing on the bottom of them to stop them from sliding around makes the passenger front one suck. And the huge raised edge on the rear seems like a bit of an afterthought that my kids constantly trip over when getting in. I just think that for the money they charge they shouldnt slide around and they could have done better.
    And one question. What type of tonneau do you have and how much was it if you dont mind me asking. Not now, but I will get one some time and have just started looking around. But they seem to be really expensive.
    I'm planning to get the Extang Solid Trifold cover part #56801 if you have bed rails or 56800 if you don't. The best price I can get that cover here in Hawaii is $900. But I like it because it's solid, and it can be put on or taken off in a matter of minutes.

I had the weathertech's in my Tacoma and they worked well. Never had issue of it sliding?? But we'll see how it works for my Tundra.

Fabtech lift. 35x12.5x17 BFG KM2
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2435980

Liked
    406 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by toku58 View Post
    I'm planning to get the Extang Solid Trifold cover part #56801 if you have bed rails or 56800 if you don't. The best price I can get that cover here in Hawaii is $900. But I like it because it's solid, and it can be put on or taken off in a matter of minutes.

I had the weathertech's in my Tacoma and they worked well. Never had issue of it sliding?? But we'll see how it works for my Tundra.
    Thanks for the info. It's only about $100 less on the mainland. Someday I will get one. Maybe late fall.
    By sliding on the weathertechs I mean passenger front mat. It slides forward. A lot of guys on here have said the same thing. Where it rides up the A pillar by the kick panel it kind of folds back and holds that shape. It's sort of minor, but an annoyance for the price. I just dont like the idea of having to glue some velcro to the bottom of it to stop if from moving.
    2012 Crewmax TRD 5.7, 4x4, 15% tint all around plus sunstrip. Ionic Gladiator running boards. Weathertechs front and rear. Line X, AVS vent visors. Viper 5301 2 way remote start, MBRP S5316304 cat back exhaust. Bakflip Fibermax tonneau cover.
    Traded in my 05 4x4 DC, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Catback15820, Line X bedliner.

Liked
    15 times
    Images

Best 2 Mods

-Color Keyed Bumpers and Handles

-TRD Swaybar

Other Additions
    -Silenced Seat belt Chime
    -Silenced Keyless beep & 1 touch unlock
    -Weathertech Floormats
    -Anytime Foglight Mod

-Toyota Deckrail Kit
    -Yakima Deckrail Bike Mount
    -Some more stuff......
    2013 Limited Crewmax 4x4 , RW Grill, Color Matched RW Bumper, Color Matched Door Handles, TRD Sway Bar, 20x9 w/ Cooper Zeon LTZ 305/55/R20 Sneakers
    "This is life people, You got air coming through your nose... You got a heartbeat... Its time to do do something!"

Rookie
    Liked
    3 times

I'd say an aftermarket Remote Start & 2-way Alarm system would be first for the following reasons:
    *Warms up engine in cold weather - extends engine life, better than running cold from the get-go.
    *Warms up INTERIOR in cold weather - I mean, who doesn't like that?
    *2-Way alarm notifies you when your alarm is going off and extends the range for which you can start your engine or lock/unlock your truck. (with a clear sight line I've started my truck from almost a mile away)

2nd I invested in a bedcover, as the back seat on a DC can only hold so much. I went with the UnderCover basic black (unfinished) model, msrp somewhere around $800. Keeps snow and ice off your stuff in the bed, and makes for a quick clean up during football (tailgating) season! Just throw it in the back, lock the lid, and sort it out after the game.

My 2 cents, anyway.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Hey Toyotakid, I cant reply to your question your mailbox is full,
    928-458-5178

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I have to say that I am shocked to see that no one has said to turn off that damned seat belt chime as #1. I have the weathertech mats. I do like them but they could be designed better. I wish the rear mat went down to the door sill instead of being like a tray on the edges. The front one does slide. I like all of my mods though. Running boards keep the edge of the seat from being worn too much. Tint keeps the sun out. Also have weathertech window visors and bug shield.
    Good call on the seatbelt chime. It drove me crazy so I went to the dealer and asked that it be disabled. Service adviser told me they could not do it, it's a safety issue. Later while talking to the mechanic, I asked him to disable it and he did it right in front of me on the computer.

Liked
    1 times
    Images

I am going to have to say the tinted windows 20% on the sides and 5% on the back window, cooler in the summer and I love the privacy. The most important out of everything is replacing that crappy stock stereo with my Pioneer 1400DVD stereo. What a difference in sound quality coming from the speakers, those stock speakers are not bad.
    MODs: 20% tint on all side windows and 5% tint on the back window, blue LED dome lights and map reading lights, nerf bars, bedliner, tri-fold tonneau cover, full synthetic oil, CURT class 3 hitch (my truck didn't come with one). Pioneer AVH 1400DVD, liscense plate backup camera.

Furture mods: Exhaust, 20" rims with 275/60-20 Falken tires, and 2.5 front leveling kit

STEEL CITY 4 life! GO STEELERS!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Tj0FmlwFU

Liked
    14 times
    Images

Line-x entire truck. Road armor bumpers front and rear. Indestructible!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide App
    07 SR5 5.7 Dbl Cab Tundra
    Debadged, Gianna Blitz 22's black w/Chrome inserts, Bakflip G2
    (Blizzak's on my stock rims for the winter)
    Road Armor bumpers front and rear
    Code Alarm Remote Start
    Volant Powercore CAI
    CORSA Sport Exhaust
    Is there any color other than black?

GATORS BIOTCH!!

Liked
    36 times
    Images

Supercharger
    Aftermarket NAV/HU

The Odyssey battery would be my first, as far as which order things happened...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    08 Limited DC 4x4 Black/Charcoal
    TRD SuperCharger, TRD Cat Back, TRD 22" Forged 5 Spoke
    Odessey Battery, Pioneer Avic Z120BT, PAC SWI-PS, PAC TATO, RockFord Fosgate P1000 w/remote powering a JL SteathBox
    Factory matched tint, Paint matched grill surround, Sequoia mirror caps, Sequoia door handles, Debadged, Appearance rear bumper w/ sonar, Removed step bars
    Full interior LED's including vanity, puddle, reverse, cargo, and license plate LED's, DirectJG 35w 4500k HID's Low Beams, 35w 6000k Fogs, 55w 6000k High Beams, Side marker bulb delete, 2010 TailLights, EBAY bought LED/Smoked 3rd brake Light, Chrome painted amber DRL's and blinker bulbs
    More to come......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12