Running Boards - Page 2

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running Boards

Liked
    18 times
    Images

Default Re: Running Boards

I also got the AMPS. Spendy, but they come down more (and out more) than any others I've seen. They enabled my wife to get into the truck, even when recovering from a knee replacement.
    The mechanical installation was quick and easy, but I've had very little experience with vehicle wiring. I took it slow and carefully followed the detailed instructions and (voila) they smoothly went down when the front or rear door was opened, and the cool LEDs came on just right.
    They seem to be pretty clear of slush when driving in the Wyoming snow, since they cozy up to the rocker panels when you're underway. I'd do it all over again, even if my wife didn't need the ease of entry.
    Larry Lawton
    Retired in Wyoming
    07 Salsa Red CrewMax Limited

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to get something wheel to wheel. I like the idea of a step up to reach that last piece of firewood that's in the middle of the bed up against the cab. The two likely finalists are the N-Fab steps and the Westin Platinum series. Any thoughts about the difference between the steps and the full bar?

Thanks again,

CR

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Coast Ranger View Post
    This is my first post here, so excuse me if I don't have it in the right place.

I'm looking for running boards for my new Tundra. It's a 2013 doublecab with the 6'6" bed. I like the look of the tubular models.

Can y'all offer some suggestions, maybe some things to look for and to look out for?

Thanks,

CR
    I got these for my Tundra Crewmax!

Great ground clearance, they allow full step if you need them (more for the wife) shes a little short

But this is what i got, and i line-x'd them! much cleaner looking = no rusting

Manufacturers of high quality Nerf Steps, Prerunners, Harley Bars, Light Bars, Replacement Front Bumpers, Rock Rails, Rear Runners, Tire Carriers & Truck Accessories

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Lawton View Post
    I also got the AMPS. Spendy, but they come down more (and out more) than any others I've seen. They enabled my wife to get into the truck, even when recovering from a knee replacement.
    The mechanical installation was quick and easy, but I've had very little experience with vehicle wiring. I took it slow and carefully followed the detailed instructions and (voila) they smoothly went down when the front or rear door was opened, and the cool LEDs came on just right.
    They seem to be pretty clear of slush when driving in the Wyoming snow, since they cozy up to the rocker panels when you're underway. I'd do it all over again, even if my wife didn't need the ease of entry.
    They work great in climates that dont get to -40below.... Im in Canada, and a few friends have those for their trucks and some days only 1 or 2 either dont come down or they alternate which chooses to be stepped on that day. turned me away from spending the money.

Liked
    352 times
    Images

Wish I line x'd my brackets before I put them on. The coating is starting to flake off now due to getting pounded by road salt. I will do it eventually I just hate the idea of having to take them off and do it all over again.
    2012 Crewmax TRD 5.7, 4x4, 15% tint all around plus sunstrip. Ionic Gladiator running boards. Weathertechs front and rear. Line X, AVS vent visors. Viper 5301 2 way remote start, MBRP S5316304 cat back exhaust. Bakflip Fibermax tonneau cover.
    Traded in my 05 4x4 DC, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Catback15820, Line X bedliner.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Lawton View Post
    How hard is it to have the steps come down with out opening the door? If I want to get something off the roof?

Liked
    18 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tecka View Post
    How hard is it to have the steps come down with out opening the door? If I want to get something off the roof?
    Well, I 'm sure no great truck electrician, but it seems to me that you could easily splice into the wire going to the left front "door open" light. You'll be adding that wire up as you're wiring in the steps anyway. That's closest to the driver. Run that new wire you spliced over to a toggle switch near the dash, and ground the other side. That would trigger the relay on the driver's side and lower the left step whenever you click the switch. You could similarly splice into the right side, and put your toggle switch near the glove box, then to ground. That way, you wouldn't have to even go to the driver's seat to put down the right step and turn on the LEDs.
    Larry Lawton
    Retired in Wyoming
    07 Salsa Red CrewMax Limited

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12