Running Boards

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running Boards

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Running Boards

This is my first post here, so excuse me if I don't have it in the right place.

I'm looking for running boards for my new Tundra. It's a 2013 doublecab with the 6'6" bed. I like the look of the tubular models.

Can y'all offer some suggestions, maybe some things to look for and to look out for?

Thanks,

CR

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

Default Re: Running Boards

I just bought a 2012 with the polished tube steps (basically running boards). I don't have it yet, but should today if all goes well. I was going to take them off and ask if they had value to anyone. If you're interested, maybe we can make a deal.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Yardstick, when you get the tubes, can you post a picture of them on the truck? Thanks, CR

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

They're on the truck. I just don't have the truck... Yet.

Edit: Yes, I will take a picture, assuming that's the truck I end up with. The saga continues...
    Last edited by Yardstick; 01-10-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Liked
    1 times
    Images

I had the NFab Nerf Steps on my double cab. I liked them a lot and easy to install. Just bought a Crewmax and will get the same steps soon.

Liked
    422 times
    Images

A few things to consider-
    Footpad-I dont like the ones that have a really small foot pad. They can be slippery as hell if you miss the pad and hit a wet chrome bar. Plus if the pad is not flat you might find it to be a bit of an ankle twister every time you step on them.
    Make sure the brackets are well coated. I would suggest you get them line x'd before putting them on. They take the most abuse given their location so keep that in mind too.
    I had some Rampage oval bars on my last truck. They looked really good but they sucked when I actually tried to use them. They were way too close to the body and being oval, there was very little to actually put your foot on. They had a solid rubber strip that ran the lenght of the bar which was really good for keeping them sure footed, but overall not practical enough for me.
    I know have Ionic Gladiators and love them. Same rubber strip, flat, solid stepping area, and the bars are slotted so they can be moved forward or back or push in or out slight as well. I dont think you would like them because they are not the style you are looking for, just letting you know that is what I have now.
    Just make sure you get something that fits your needs first, then shop for style.
    You should e mail Billy@autocustoms for the best prices. Supporting vendor on this site and if you can think it, they have it. Good luck and take some pics of what ever you get.
    2012 Crewmax TRD 5.7, 4x4, 15% tint all around plus sunstrip. Ionic Gladiator running boards. Weathertechs front and rear. Line X, AVS vent visors. Viper 5301 2 way remote start, MBRP S5316304 cat back exhaust. Bakflip Fibermax tonneau cover.
    Traded in my 05 4x4 DC, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Catback15820, Line X bedliner.

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

Here's a pic of my truck with the steps.

Supporting Vendor Billy@AutoCustoms.com's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by Coast Ranger View Post
    This is my first post here, so excuse me if I don't have it in the right place.

I'm looking for running boards for my new Tundra. It's a 2013 doublecab with the 6'6" bed. I like the look of the tubular models.

Can y'all offer some suggestions, maybe some things to look for and to look out for?

Thanks,

CR
    Welcome to TundraSolutions! I have provided a couple links below to our selection of 2013 Toyota Tundra Running Boards and Nerf Bars. If you find something you like, please feel free to PM me or give us a call at 1-888-274-3308 and mention you are calling from "TundraSolutions" to receive your forum discount!

2013 Toyota Tundra Nerf Bars

2013 Toyota Tundra Running Boards
    Looking To Upgrade Your Toyota Tundra?
    Toyota Tundra Brakes | Toyota Tundra Tonneau Covers | Toyota Tundra Running Boards | Toyota Tundra Nerf Bars | Toyota Tundra Intakes / Exhaust / Tuners

PM US FOR "TUNDRASOLUTIONS" FORUM DISCOUNTS!
    Or Give Us A Call Today At 1-888-274-3308

Follow Us On Facebook!
    Facebook - AutoCustoms | Facebook - BuyBrakes.com

Liked
    5 times

the aries big step nerf bars look awesome im considering them for my DC. autoanything.com has them for 283.00 with free shipping.

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

I'm not usually a fan of any running boards. Especially the round style like the ones that came on my truck. I noticed some flat ones the other day that I actually liked... On a Ford Raptor! Is there anything similar to those for the Tundra?

Rookie
    Liked
    4 times

I like the AMP ones I put on my truck.

Open:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	530.5 KB 
ID:	93416

Closed:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tundra2.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	93417

Expensive, but worth it IMO.
    Last edited by Belco; 01-20-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    2010 Blue Tundra Crewmax 4x4 - 7" BDS Lift w/ Reservoirs and 35" Toyo's on 20x12 Fuel Hostage Wheels. Pics: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...-7-bds-lift-w/

Liked
    36 times
    Images

I'm selling mine that I had removed when I bought my truck... let me know if interested...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    08 Limited DC 4x4 Black/Charcoal
    TRD SuperCharger, TRD Cat Back, TRD 22" Forged 5 Spoke
    Odessey Battery, Pioneer Avic Z120BT, PAC SWI-PS, PAC TATO, RockFord Fosgate P1000 w/remote powering a JL SteathBox
    Factory matched tint, Paint matched grill surround, Sequoia mirror caps, Sequoia door handles, Debadged, Appearance rear bumper w/ sonar, Removed step bars
    Full interior LED's including vanity, puddle, reverse, cargo, and license plate LED's, DirectJG 35w 4500k HID's Low Beams, 35w 6000k Fogs, 55w 6000k High Beams, Side marker bulb delete, 2010 TailLights, EBAY bought LED/Smoked 3rd brake Light, Chrome painted amber DRL's and blinker bulbs
    More to come......

Liked
    36 times
    Images

Dp....
    Last edited by DawgBonez; 01-21-2013 at 04:24 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    08 Limited DC 4x4 Black/Charcoal
    TRD SuperCharger, TRD Cat Back, TRD 22" Forged 5 Spoke
    Odessey Battery, Pioneer Avic Z120BT, PAC SWI-PS, PAC TATO, RockFord Fosgate P1000 w/remote powering a JL SteathBox
    Factory matched tint, Paint matched grill surround, Sequoia mirror caps, Sequoia door handles, Debadged, Appearance rear bumper w/ sonar, Removed step bars
    Full interior LED's including vanity, puddle, reverse, cargo, and license plate LED's, DirectJG 35w 4500k HID's Low Beams, 35w 6000k Fogs, 55w 6000k High Beams, Side marker bulb delete, 2010 TailLights, EBAY bought LED/Smoked 3rd brake Light, Chrome painted amber DRL's and blinker bulbs
    More to come......

Lurking Member
    Liked
    8 times

Supports make sure they have more then two.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    2 times

Funny this should come up. When I picked up my 2013 CM, instead of installing the brushed stainless step boards ($475 invoice) that I ordered/paid for, they installed the chrome tube step boards $365 invoice). I actually asked them when I picked up the truck "Are you sure those are the brushed stainless?" to which the salesman confirmed. Now... I probably should have known the difference between chrome and brushed, but I didn't. I just realized after 14 days of ownership that I got the wrong ones and this weekend they're switching them out for me. The downside I see in the chrome tube steps I got is: 1) much easier to have water spots after washing/rain; and 2) the steps are pretty small. The brushed stainless look much larger...but I'm going by a picture until Sat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.