New 2014 tundra - Page 3

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

View Poll Results: What do you think of the 2014 Tundra?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pass - I like it.

117 42.70%
  • Fail - I don't like it.

157 57.30%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: New 2014 tundra

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: New 2014 tundra

If they won't let me get a DC long bed, I'll be buying another brand. Toyota may think they know what's good for me, but I won't let them dictate bed size again. Next truck will be some extended cab long bed.
    Yes, not allowing customers to pick and choose options that are available in different trims will cost them at least one future sale.
    The F150s look petty good...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    110 times

Quote Originally Posted by Keadog View Post
    If they won't let me get a DC long bed, I'll be buying another brand. Toyota may think they know what's good for me, but I won't let them dictate bed size again. Next truck will be some extended cab long bed.
    Yes, not allowing customers to pick and choose options that are available in different trims will cost them at least one future sale.
    The F150s look petty good...
    They're rare, but I've seen double cab (DC) long bed Tundras on the road. Are you saying they never made them, quit making them, or you couldn't find one you liked?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tundra DC Long Bed.jpg 
Views:	2190 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	93508  
    tundra3400 likes this.

Liked
    61 times

Just saw a DC long bed tonight. I'd love to get one, but my DC reg bed just fits in me garage with enough room to squeeze my middle aged gut behind it to the other side.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow.

Liked
    24 times

Um...they do have a DC long bed...

Liked
    7 times

I'm am also looking forward to see what Toyota has up its sleeve for the Tundra. Regardless, several things are true for me: First, I love my '12 TRD and I realize it is 5 years into Gen II. My '05 TRD was also 5 years into the Gen 1 model and I never had one problem with it in 7 years and almost 100K on the clock. Second, the average truck owner (Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, etc.) can't tell you what year the other brands are (even those that have gone through major changes). Third, even though Toyota builds (IMO) a great truck, I wouldn't buy the first year production of a major change. But, then again, someone has to start the ball rolling. I have had my '12 Tundra for a little over 7 months and I couldn't be happier with it. But again, I'm looking forward to the '14 model and I hope it meets Toyota's expectations.

Liked
    32 times

Quote Originally Posted by docsg View Post
    I'm am also looking forward to see what Toyota has up its sleeve for the Tundra. Regardless, several things are true for me: First, I love my '12 TRD and I realize it is 5 years into Gen II. My '05 TRD was also 5 years into the Gen 1 model and I never had one problem with it in 7 years and almost 100K on the clock. Second, the average truck owner (Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, etc.) can't tell you what year the other brands are (even those that have gone through major changes). Third, even though Toyota builds (IMO) a great truck, I wouldn't buy the first year production of a major change. But, then again, someone has to start the ball rolling. I have had my '12 Tundra for a little over 7 months and I couldn't be happier with it. But again, I'm looking forward to the '14 model and I hope it meets Toyota's expectations.
    I have always felt the same about the first yr bugs n never bought anything the first yr it comes out or redesign, but I have an 07 n have had no prob n I'm pushing 190k miles. Somebody on tt was saying that the new tundra is going to more crisp lines on the front n its gonna have a lip on the tailgate like the ford, overall bigger, tougher & meaner.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Liked
    224 times
    Images

I don't think being a first year model would hold me off from buying one. It's not like years ago, they test the crap out of these things before they hit the market. I had a 2000 tundra and a 2001 tundra, both were fine. My 2010 has been fine.

of course, I have to like what they have.

we're getting close to seeing it!!
    2013 Ram Crew Sport 4x4, 5.7, 8-speed, 3.92, Borla exhaust
    2010 Tundra 4x4 5.7 Limited, Slate, TRD RW Wheels with 33" Cooper ST Maxx (sold)
    2001 Tundra 4x4
    2000 tundra 4x4
    1998 Tacoma
    1997 Tacoma
    1995.5 Tacoma

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=348&dateline=12472564  47

Liked
    224 times
    Images

2010 Tundra 4x4 5.7 Limited, Slate, TRD RW Wheels with 33" Cooper ST Maxx (sold)
    2001 Tundra 4x4
    2000 tundra 4x4
    1998 Tacoma
    1997 Tacoma
    1995.5 Tacoma

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=348&dateline=12472564  47

Liked
    13 times
    Images

I hope it looks like the A-BAT!
    2004 DC Limited, Husky Liners, 35% window tint, fog light mod, map light mod, Hoen Fogs, 265/70/17 BFGs, color matched wheels, Bazooka sub, resonator removed, full LED conversion.

Liked
    33 times

Quote Originally Posted by canddmeyer View Post
    I'm all for a new dash, but the EPAS (electronic power assist steering) is complained about in every forum I read by owners who have it. I'll take a dependable hydraulic PS pump anyday. Also, if Toyota doesn't go for a longer bed they're giving sales away to competitors. Forum after forum I read has owners stating they would have gone with a Tundra CC if they could have gotten a 6.5ft or 8ft bed. Surely Toyota would have to go with longer frames, but it they want to be mainstream instead of a niche player they better go with the flow or get used to a measly 100,000 in yearly sales.

Hopefully the Tundra doesn't get the bug-eyed marker lights all new Toyota's are getting lately. They're ugly.
    Just saw a pic of a 2014. It has bug-eyed tail lights. Those will be a smashing success.

Liked
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by Breathing Borla View Post
    I don't think being a first year model would hold me off from buying one. It's not like years ago, they test the crap out of these things before they hit the market. I had a 2000 tundra and a 2001 tundra, both were fine. My 2010 has been fine.

of course, I have to like what they have.

we're getting close to seeing it!!
    I posted previously about not being a fan of buying any new model Tundra early production. I normally wait until near the end of a model style before I change. I have a '12 TRD and so far have been VERY pleased with it...even the 4.6L which several TS members panned. However, I just did a quick look at posts complaining about Tundra issues that evidently were not discovered in their "testing." Here's what TS members are reporting and it doesn't appear to be just isolated cases:

1. AIP valve issues
    2. Power steering modules
    3. Power door lock issues
    4. Tundra OEM belts
    5. Rusting frames
    6. Rusting beds
    7. Bed bounce
    8. Warped rotors

These were captured from the first four pages of the posts. Hopefully Toyota has all these issues corrected in the new '14 model.

Liked
    224 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by docsg View Post
    I posted previously about not being a fan of buying any new model Tundra early production. I normally wait until near the end of a model style before I change. I have a '12 TRD and so far have been VERY pleased with it...even the 4.6L which several TS members panned. However, I just did a quick look at posts complaining about Tundra issues that evidently were not discovered in their "testing." Here's what TS members are reporting and it doesn't appear to be just isolated cases:

1. AIP valve issues
    2. Power steering modules
    3. Power door lock issues
    4. Tundra OEM belts
    5. Rusting frames
    6. Rusting beds
    7. Bed bounce
    8. Warped rotors

These were captured from the first four pages of the posts. Hopefully Toyota has all these issues corrected in the new '14 model.
    you also have to realize that this site represents a small portion of acutal trucks out there and people come here to either look up info of a problem they have or ***** about it.

so the sample size is skewd a bit.

not saying these trucks do have any issues (mine hasn't) but it's been that way here since the beginning of this board years ago.

so you have to take the amount of posts with problems with a grain of salt.

either way i put my money on the tundra being more reliable than the others and will likely do that again, unless it's ugly this time, then the GMC will be in my driveway
    2001 Tundra 4x4
    2000 tundra 4x4
    1998 Tacoma
    1997 Tacoma
    1995.5 Tacoma

Liked
    7 times

Breathing Borla...I agree with you 100% about the reliability of the Tundra. If I didn't believe that I certainly wouldn't have forked out the cash for the '12. My point (and remember this is just my opinion only) is that I'm a little leery of any brand new technology or major product change as no company, even with vigorous product testing, can foresee all the situations their products will be put through or flaws that can show up after a period of time. A good example of this is Apple's fiasco with the iPhone 5. A lot of early buyers were quite "p****** off" due to problems with the operating system which I'm sure they tested extensively before its release. I figure by near the end of any product's life, the manufacturer pretty well has most of the issues solved or the product would have been pulled before then. Product recalls and TSB repairs eat the sh*t out of a company's profits and cause stockholders to bolt. Finally, if I were to go to a Ford, Chrysler, or GM forum I bet you would find even more issues than experienced by Tundra owners and that they would be reported in greater numbers. Bottom line: I love my Tundra's ('05 before & '12 now) and look forward to buying an '18 or '19 assuming I have anything left after taxes!

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Tundergas View Post
    Um...they do have a DC long bed...
    Um, not in Limited with leather, NAV, etc, at least when I was looking. I have also been unable to get that combo on the configurator.
    Last I looked, only available on low trim models. I'll drive my '08 till it dies, but my next truck will be top end trim double cab with long bed. Brand to be determined...

Liked
    24 times

Quote Originally Posted by Keadog View Post
    Um, not in Limited with leather, NAV, etc, at least when I was looking. I have also been unable to get that combo on the configurator.
    Last I looked, only available on low trim models. I'll drive my '08 till it dies, but my next truck will be top end trim double cab with long bed. Brand to be determined...
    From the BS I see all over, your wishes may come true. Now, we just need to finally learn fact from BS. haha. And I've never seen the LB with Limited package. Just SR5.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)