New 2014 tundra - Page 34

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

View Poll Results: What do you think of the 2014 Tundra?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pass - I like it.

117 42.70%
  • Fail - I don't like it.

157 57.30%
Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: New 2014 tundra

Liked
    1 times

Default Re: New 2014 tundra

Quote Originally Posted by Breathing Borla View Post
    I wouldn't make any conclusions based on that photoshop guys,

let's wait and see what the package actually are, ect
    Well the Photoshop is based on the real Platinum edition and its coloring scheme, so it's fairly safe to say that to get that color package from the factory, it would have to be a Platinum Edition. Which I doubt would be offered on a regular cab.
    dickinsonj likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    10 times

i was at the chicago auto show this past weekend and really do like the design of the new tundra. wont be buying a new one right away as i normally keep my vehicles for 12 to 16 years anyway, but if i were in the market i DO LIKE THE DESIGN CHANGES. i have one problem with the new truck and could not get my question answered at the auto show----i buy toyotas for SAFETY AND DURABILITY reasons and was disapointed that the tail lights on the displayed limited tundra did NOT have amber colored turn signals. i have always liked these on my toyotas because they can be seen from a greater distance in good and bad weather and they do not interfere with red braking lights when you have your brake and turn signal lights on at the same time. this to me is a big safety issue probably because years ago i was rammed from behind and still deal with physical issues resulting from that accident

The Friendly Dragon by the Sea Puffnstuff's Avatar
    Liked
    179 times
    Images

I like the normal instrumentation with the information center between the tach and speedo. They can take those tunnels and stick them where the sun doesn't shine. I also saw a auto show report that said the engines are unchanged so no DI for 2014.
    RIP 2006 Tundra DC with: Eclipse AVN5500 Navigation System, Kicker IX500.4 driving infinity kappa 60.9cs door speakers, Kenwood KAC-X20 driving an infinity kappa 100.9w sub in sound ordnance bass bunker, UWS Black Deep Toolbox, Nasta SS Nerf Bars, Rugged Liner Bed Liner, AVS chrome bug shield, EGR in channel vent visors, Ballistic Enigma 20x9 wheels & Nitto nt420 285/50R20 tires, Hellwig 7697 & 7700 sway bars, Stinger SPP2150 Battery, Big 3 wire upgrade with 1/0 Raptor, Rancho RS5000 struts/shocks, Dynomax VT 17956 muffler, EBC Slotted Sport Rotors & Yellowstuff Kevlar pads, Russell SS brake lines, Cheetah GPS Mirror

Liked
    11 times

New engines would be nice, even a diesel, but...

We have been spoiled by the most spectacular engine/transmission combo around. It is an amazing drivetrain already. I would love a 6 cylinder diesel with 24 mpg highway.

Liked
    102 times

You know what we Tundra owners think is irrelevant. If those Ford, Chevy and Ram guys like it then it's a winner.
    11Tundra likes this.
    Delaware
    2007 Tundra SR5 4WD, Super White, RollBak G2 Tonneau
    2012 RC Tacoma, Pyrite Mica [Kid's college vehicle]
    2002 Tacoma, White [Sold]
    2001 Tundra, Green [Sold]

Liked
    5 times

Just pulled the trigger on a 2013 CM Limited, traded in my 2005 Crew Cab Limited. I was going to wait for the 2014's to come out but after seeing it, I do not see a huge difference in the 2013 -14. Other than the redesigned front and back end sheet metal and the refreshed interior. I do like the interior of the 14 better but I am not a fan of the new sheet-metal. What drove me to buy now though was the pricing on the 2013 models. I doubt I would have been able to get a 14 for 7 grand off MSRP. Who knows though, with gas prices the way they are, maybe I could have but I doubt it. Not sure what all the hub bub is about with the dash, I happen to think it is laid out pretty well.

Liked
    110 times

Quote Originally Posted by superpop View Post
    Just pulled the trigger on a 2013 CM Limited, traded in my 2005 Crew Cab Limited. I was going to wait for the 2014's to come out but after seeing it, I do not see a huge difference in the 2013 -14. Other than the redesigned front and back end sheet metal and the refreshed interior. I do like the interior of the 14 better but I am not a fan of the new sheet-metal. What drove me to buy now though was the pricing on the 2013 models. I doubt I would have been able to get a 14 for 7 grand off MSRP. Who knows though, with gas prices the way they are, maybe I could have but I doubt it. Not sure what all the hub bub is about with the dash, I happen to think it is laid out pretty well.
    Congrats on the new truck!

Sounds like you made a good decision based on your personal wants and needs. I purchased a new 2012 last summer knowing the 2014 was probably just around the corner. I was actually concerned they were going to make some substantial improvements to the 2014 diminishing some of the enthusiasm I had for my 2012. Well, for better or worse it didn't happen, so my concerns were unfounded.

Anyhow, I'm with you. I got a great deal with all the rebates and incentives at the time. Doubt they're gonna be rebatin' and discountin' a bunch right out of the gate with the 2014. I believe resale on the 2007-2013's are going to remain strong because there were no changes made to the raw functionality of the truck (tow capacity, HP, torque, MPG's, etc.). When you're out there driving a truck, 95% of the time you're just interacting with the steering, tranny, brakes, and engine. Since so little of that has changed (minor changes to the steering ratio and shocks), hey I'm happy keeping my '12 . . . at least until Toyota makes some changes to the Tundra that go beyond eye-candy.
    Last edited by 11Tundra; 02-26-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Liked
    10 times

Does anyone know if they put the same size gas tank in? If so does anyone know of an aftermarket ones? Problem is i'm in need of a gas station by 450 km (280) miles. I hate that i have to put an aftermarket one in when the rest of the manufactures but at least a 100 liter tank. (excuse my metric lingo)

Liked
    18 times
    Images

The new tank is the same 26 gallon tank as the 07-13. A company called Transferflow makes aftermarket tanks for the 07-13. I believe they are a 46gallon replacement tank and an 82 gallon refueling tank which mounts in your bed similar to a tool box. Some on this forum did the replacement tank conversion, I remember reading the thread but don't recall who wrote it or it's title. BTW the tanks aren't cheap, they are around $1,200 on Transferflows website.
    2010 DC 4.6L 4x4:
    275/60/20 goodyear wrangler sra, 20" limited wheels, tint, mpg button mod, $40 backup cam mod, oem foglight kit, oem bed mat, Truxedo Truxsport tonneau, oem sidestep, hypertech speedo calibrator, Powerstop Z17 evolution pads, custom oil filter wrench, Tekonsha Voyager, Mobil1 syn.......
    Removed: 305/65/18 bfg ta ko, 18" dick cepek dc-1, Readylift 2.4/1

2013 Toyota Rav4 Limited AWD

Liked
    36 times
    Images

Hmmm... Is my truck that thrown off?
    The most my truck has ever filled up was 22 gallons.... and trust me I was sweating getting to the fuel station....

I've always wondered about the gauges...ECO...ECU in general since the SC....
    Hell, I swear the ECU is recording miles allot faster/more than what I'm actually driving...

Just how F****ed is the TRD SC tune?

I suppose I can really get down to the bottom by intentionally running this rig out of fuel.... and just keep a 5 gallon juicer in the bed....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    08 Limited DC 4x4 Black/Charcoal
    TRD SuperCharger, TRD Cat Back, TRD 22" Forged 5 Spoke
    Odessey Battery, Pioneer Avic Z120BT, PAC SWI-PS, PAC TATO, RockFord Fosgate P1000 w/remote powering a JL SteathBox
    Factory matched tint, Paint matched grill surround, Sequoia mirror caps, Sequoia door handles, Debadged, Appearance rear bumper w/ sonar, Removed step bars
    Full interior LED's including vanity, puddle, reverse, cargo, and license plate LED's, DirectJG 35w 4500k HID's Low Beams, 35w 6000k Fogs, 55w 6000k High Beams, Side marker bulb delete, 2010 TailLights, EBAY bought LED/Smoked 3rd brake Light, Chrome painted amber DRL's and blinker bulbs
    More to come......

Liked
    36 times
    Images

Back on topic....
    Someone MUST be fired!!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FORD****.jpg 
Views:	4232 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	94330
    Last edited by DawgBonez; 02-27-2013 at 09:39 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Odessey Battery, Pioneer Avic Z120BT, PAC SWI-PS, PAC TATO, RockFord Fosgate P1000 w/remote powering a JL SteathBox
    Factory matched tint, Paint matched grill surround, Sequoia mirror caps, Sequoia door handles, Debadged, Appearance rear bumper w/ sonar, Removed step bars
    Full interior LED's including vanity, puddle, reverse, cargo, and license plate LED's, DirectJG 35w 4500k HID's Low Beams, 35w 6000k Fogs, 55w 6000k High Beams, Side marker bulb delete, 2010 TailLights, EBAY bought LED/Smoked 3rd brake Light, Chrome painted amber DRL's and blinker bulbs
    More to come......

Veteran Member
    Liked
    116 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBonez View Post
    Back on topic....

agreed

The Truck, by OsidePunker

2013 Tundra DC RW 5.7L 4x4

Liked
    102 times

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBonez View Post
    Back on topic....

I like it. Just wish it was bigger
    Breathing Borla likes this.
    Delaware
    2007 Tundra SR5 4WD, Super White, RollBak G2 Tonneau
    2012 RC Tacoma, Pyrite Mica [Kid's college vehicle]
    2002 Tacoma, White [Sold]
    2001 Tundra, Green [Sold]

Liked
    9 times
    Images

Looks like they may of put some strengh back into the gate. We may be able to set on it now. Before I would leave that gate on I would buy a costom-flow and have it painted to the color of the truck. No reason to debadge anymore.
    Charlie & Linda

Liked
    36 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cwit View Post
    Looks like they may of put some strengh back into the gate. We may be able to set on it now. Before I would leave that gate on I would buy a costom-flow and have it painted to the color of the truck. No reason to debadge anymore.
    Beefed up the upper lip of the tailgate for sure... looks like a Dodge...
    I welcome the new gate, with the exception of the stamping....

I think I'll shoot ahead and make aftermarket non-stamped tailgates and make a buck or two....
    Otherwise, I can make blinged out chrome plated fuel tank covers, tailgate handles, rain guards, door trim, and non-functional fender vents for those that want to add to that (tramp stamped) tailgate.
    More to come......

LinkBacks (?)