New 2014 tundra

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

View Poll Results: What do you think of the 2014 Tundra?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pass - I like it.

117 42.70%
  • Fail - I don't like it.

157 57.30%
Page 1 of 44 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: New 2014 tundra

Liked
    223 times
    Images

Lightbulb New 2014 tundra

looks like the new rig will be at the chicago auto show in a few weeks. Feb 9-18.

2014 Toyota Tundra Debut Confirmed at Chicago Auto Show | Tundra Headquarters Blog

guess who lives near chi-town

I am thinking about a new rig at the end of the year and toyota better step up as the others have some nice stuff as well.
    2013 Ram Crew Sport 4x4, 5.7, 8-speed, 3.92, Borla exhaust
    2010 Tundra 4x4 5.7 Limited, Slate, TRD RW Wheels with 33" Cooper ST Maxx (sold)
    2001 Tundra 4x4
    2000 tundra 4x4
    1998 Tacoma
    1997 Tacoma
    1995.5 Tacoma

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=348&dateline=12472564  47

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    315 times
    Images

Default Re: New 2014 tundra

Take lots of pictures!!!
    07' SR5 DC 4x4, 5.7, TRD
    Toyota SS steps
    ARE MX cap
    AMP bed step

DIY underseat storage
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    Weathertech Vent Visors
    Ultragauge EM
    Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    Techstream

CBTMA member
    aip override 1.1.pdf
    Block Off Plate

Liked
    106 times

Is it too annoying to start guessing/hoping for changes for this model year?

-I am hoping for a double cab with slightly more room in the back seat, or a crewmax with 6.5 foot bed. Personally I think an additional 4 inches of legroom in the double cab would be a happy median for most folks!
    -I am hoping for higher payload rating, like the Ford F150 with the HD payload package... 3,000 lbs payload would be GREAT!
    -Composite body panels, lower weight and less dings and scratches
    -diesel engine... why not

Not much else I could ask for, except maybe a more fuel efficient engine (but I don't want to give up the power!!!). I love my 2010 Tundra and won't be trading it in any time soon anyways!
    2010 white RW DC
    Rostra backup camera, TRD sway bar, BHLM, LineX
    folding seat mod, dual 2.25 Powersticks
    JL Audio 8w3v3 sub w/Kenwood KAC-8104D amp, Polk DB651s fronts, dash tweeter bypass
    non-relay anytime fog light mod, Firestone Ride-Rite airbags

Liked
    223 times
    Images

I really don't know what to expect

they need to update the interior for sure as the big 3 stuff is getting awful nice.

maybe DI on the 5.7 (400hp, 415lbs, up to 15 city 20 highway) --from 13/17

don't mess up the looks to much and have a color match model as I hate too much chrome

and no monster grill, keep it small. These trucks now a days have huge noses
    2010 Tundra 4x4 5.7 Limited, Slate, TRD RW Wheels with 33" Cooper ST Maxx (sold)
    2001 Tundra 4x4
    2000 tundra 4x4
    1998 Tacoma
    1997 Tacoma
    1995.5 Tacoma

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=348&dateline=12472564  47

Liked
    223 times
    Images

double post
    2001 Tundra 4x4
    2000 tundra 4x4
    1998 Tacoma
    1997 Tacoma
    1995.5 Tacoma

Liked
    223 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
    Is it too annoying to start guessing/hoping for changes for this model year?-
    hell no,

we've been do that for years, LOL

it's now time to see it
    2001 Tundra 4x4
    2000 tundra 4x4
    1998 Tacoma
    1997 Tacoma
    1995.5 Tacoma

Liked
    20 times

2014 Tundra - What To Expect Tundra Headquarters Blog | Tundra Headquarters Blog

2014 Tundra – What To Expect
    Over the next few months and years, we’ll be adding content to this page about the next major Tundra re-design to debut, projected to be a 2014 model available in 2013. What follows below is projected enhancements, categorized as definite, likely, and possible.

NOTE: Looking for info on the 2013/2014 Tacoma? Check out this post about Direct Injection in the 2013/2014 Tacoma

Please bookmark this post as it will be updated regularly. Last updated March 25,2012.ShareThis

Definite Enhancements
    1. Larger fuel tank. Based on comments from Toyota engineer Mike Sweers (the man currently in charge of designing and developing the next generation Tundra) in this Wall Street Journal article, we know that the new truck will have a larger fuel tank.

2. More traditional styling. From the same article above, we learn that the truck will have a more traditional and aggressive truck like look. Hopefully, we’ll see a glimpse of this new look in the next year or two on a Toyota concept.

3. More aerodynamics and a lower ride height. One of the easiest ways to improve truck fuel economy is to reduce the ride height a little bit as well as flatten the underside the vehicle. The trick is doing these things without impacting ground clearance.

4. New dash. This is almost a foregone conclusion. While we may still see the over-sized knobs, we’ll definitely see better quality materials, new gauges, and a modified layout.

5. Direct injection. A source has confirmed that the 2014 Tundra will be offered with at least one direct injection engine. It’s unknown as to whether this will be the same direct injection V6 that is added to the 2014 Tacoma or direct injection for the 4.6L & 5.7L. Here’s to hoping it’s all three. Direct gasoline injection is a great way to improve fuel economy – it’s estimated that it can improve gas mileage from 5-10%, depending on the engine. (NOTE: We’ve heard from less reliable sources that Toyota will replace the 4.6L V8 with a smaller turbocharged V6…but this is still very much speculation.)

Likely Enhancements
    1. Variable valve lift. Variable valve timing (VVT) is commonplace, but variable valve lift is still a newer feature on most vehicles. Toyota, long a fan of VVT, currently has a couple of engines running a variable-valve lift system. This should make it’s way into all Toyota vehicles in by the middle of the decade.

2. Electric steering. Hydraulic steering pumps are less efficient than electric motors. GM and Ford both plan to move this into their full-size trucks soon, and Toyota will likely follow. In fact, this will be a common feature industry wide.

3. Weight reduction. Toyota will definitely be emphasizing a lower curb weight in the next generation Tundra. However, what they will do to reduce weight is to be determined. It could be that we’ll see a composite pickup bed (similar to the Tacoma), increased use of high-strength steel (which is lighter albeit more expensive), and more expensive sound-deadening materials that dampen road noise without adding weight.

4. New frame design. Between the Tundra frame rust fiasco and complaints about harsh ride and bed bounce, the current Tundra’s frame is a weak spot in many consumer’s eyes. While it’s true that Toyota’s frame is similar in design to heavy-duty trucks offered by GM and Ford, the fact of the matter is that the current frame doesn’t have a good reputation. Look for Toyota to come up with something new.

5. Integrated trailer brake controller. If this feature isn’t already an option, it will be by 2014. Here’s to hoping it comes along sooner.

6. Engine stop-start. This system shuts off the engine at stop lights and then quickly restarts when it’s time to go. It’s a pretty good idea, it saves fuel, and the technology has been around for years. Takeshi Uchiyamada, Toyota executive VP in charge of R&D, has been quoted as saying that stop-start will be added to select products. Considering the amount of fuel used during idle by a big V8 – and considering the special allowance for stop-start systems in the most recent set of CAFE regulations – stop-start seems like a logical addition to the Tundra.

7. A new smaller and more efficient V6. Toyota is bringing out a replacement to the 4.0L V6 in the Tundra and Tacoma – the only question is when.

Possible Enhancements
    NOTE: These items are based on informed speculation…but speculation none the less.

1. A diesel version of the half-ton Tundra. Once again, rumors of a diesel half-ton Tundra are picking up steam. While we’re highly skeptical, this is added to the list of “possibles.”

2. A Turbocharged V6 to replace the 4.6L V8. Based on the success of the EcoBoost F150 and comments from a handful of Toyota execs, Toyota seems likely to add a turbo-charged engine to the Tundra line-up at some point. Our best guess is that it will be a turbo-charged version of the new direct injection V6 that debuts in the Tundra and Tacoma. But will it be ready for 2014? Probably not. 2016 seems more likely.

3. More configuration options. We’ve been told that Toyota recognizes the Tundra’s limited configurations hamper sales – especially fleet sales. If Toyota allowed customers to pick and choose options, they could probably gain some sales. Initially, this seemed likely to be addressed in the redesign. However, recent conversations indicate that the next generation Tundra will likely have the same number of limited options that the current generation has.

4. A Hybrid Tundra is guaranteed, but it’s unlikely it will debut prior to 2016.

Unlikely Enhancements
    1. HD version. An HD Tundra will not debut in 2014 – the future of the HD truck is still very much unknown, in fact, and may never be built.

2. 6.5′ bed on crew cabs. This option has been desired by a few in the comments section, but our source says it’s off the table.
    1995 T-100 250,000 miles and still going strong!

2012 Tundra CrewMax 4.6w/Tow.Pkg.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    2 times

I looked up a concept pic on the net and I don't know if it was accurate or not but I didn't like it.

Liked
    106 times

Quote Originally Posted by Pas Bon View Post
    Unlikely Enhancements
    1. HD version. An HD Tundra will not debut in 2014 – the future of the HD truck is still very much unknown, in fact, and may never be built.

2. 6.5′ bed on crew cabs. This option has been desired by a few in the comments section, but our source says it’s off the table.
    Personally, these are the two things that mean the most to me. Its a truck, I don't need pretty, don't need flashy, don't need a lot of gizmos and gadgets. I need power, payload and room for passengers AND cargo. I am still glad that I went with the double cab, because I use my bed enough to require the 6.5 foot bed... but it sure would be nice to have another couple inches of legroom in the backseat, especially with an infant in the backseat AND 3 dogs when we go on vacation.
    canddmeyer likes this.
    2010 white RW DC
    Rostra backup camera, TRD sway bar, BHLM, LineX
    folding seat mod, dual 2.25 Powersticks
    JL Audio 8w3v3 sub w/Kenwood KAC-8104D amp, Polk DB651s fronts, dash tweeter bypass
    non-relay anytime fog light mod, Firestone Ride-Rite airbags

Liked
    223 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Caniac Nation View Post
    I looked up a concept pic on the net and I don't know if it was accurate or not but I didn't like it.
    there are no concept pics out, only a crappy photoshop truck
    2001 Tundra 4x4
    2000 tundra 4x4
    1998 Tacoma
    1997 Tacoma
    1995.5 Tacoma

Liked
    223 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
    Personally, these are the two things that mean the most to me. Its a truck, I don't need pretty, don't need flashy, don't need a lot of gizmos and gadgets. I need power, payload and room for passengers AND cargo. I am still glad that I went with the double cab, because I use my bed enough to require the 6.5 foot bed... but it sure would be nice to have another couple inches of legroom in the backseat, especially with an infant in the backseat AND 3 dogs when we go on vacation.
    6.5 bed on a crewcab won't fit in my garage. I only have a 20' garage and my current truck is about the most that gonna stuff in there. so that's out for me anyway.

I also don't need a HD tundra but I can understand those that do.

it would be nice if they gave us all the options like the new GMC. You can have any combo you want on the 2014 GMC. I will be looking again at those when I go shopping.

as far as the new tundra,

It would be nice if they didn't rake the A-pillar so much so I have to bend my head when I get in. Make it more upright so I can just get in.
    2001 Tundra 4x4
    2000 tundra 4x4
    1998 Tacoma
    1997 Tacoma
    1995.5 Tacoma

Liked
    223 times
    Images

that list been around forever and is just a bunch of speculation.

the only thing that is confirmed is a larger fuel tank as that came right from the guy in charge of designing the thing
    2001 Tundra 4x4
    2000 tundra 4x4
    1998 Tacoma
    1997 Tacoma
    1995.5 Tacoma

Liked
    223 times
    Images

I can't believe I forgot about this. This most important thing we need on the new tundra.

NO AIP
    2001 Tundra 4x4
    2000 tundra 4x4
    1998 Tacoma
    1997 Tacoma
    1995.5 Tacoma

Liked
    771 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pas Bon View Post

6. Engine stop-start. This system shuts off the engine at stop lights and then quickly restarts when it’s time to go. It’s a pretty good idea, it saves fuel, and the technology has been around for years. Takeshi Uchiyamada, Toyota executive VP in charge of R&D, has been quoted as saying that stop-start will be added to select products. Considering the amount of fuel used during idle by a big V8 – and considering the special allowance for stop-start systems in the most recent set of CAFE regulations – stop-start seems like a logical addition to the Tundra.
    good idea but that means the starter is being used 10 times more than it was and will shorten its lifespan resulting in a new one being put on for a hefty penny.
    bgil, canddmeyer and meddig like this.
    2000 Tundra 1A0 Platinum Metallic 3.4L V6 SR5 AC 4WD, 209,000 miles and counting, Husky Liners, 5K 35 Watt HID Heads & 5K 60 Watt LED Fogs w/ Fog Mod from IZL, LED Cargo Light, Pioneer 3300UB, redruM69's Quarter Window Arm Mod, Kicker 8" with Custom Box, New Frame via The Rust Recall, 5100s on 3rd Notch, Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs, My 1st Gen Anytime Power Window Mod, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan Conversion (thanks texasranger96), 180 Amp DC Power Alternator, Map Light Mod & LEDs, 285/75r16 Terra Grapplers, Curt Tow Hitch, Keyless Entry, ES Rack Bushings, 30" SR Offroad LED Bar (Install Click here), Uniden PRO 520XL CB, 4in LED Reverse Lights (Install Click Here)
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Liked
    36 times
    Images

The only thing that I hope they don't do, is make a fuel efficient car out of a decent truck...
    All I see on forums and the likes is all about fuel efficiency....

Point being... I hope that they don't sacrifice HP/TQ for fuel consumption...
    overfire likes this.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    08 Limited DC 4x4 Black/Charcoal
    TRD SuperCharger, TRD Cat Back, TRD 22" Forged 5 Spoke
    Odessey Battery, Pioneer Avic Z120BT, PAC SWI-PS, PAC TATO, RockFord Fosgate P1000 w/remote powering a JL SteathBox
    Factory matched tint, Paint matched grill surround, Sequoia mirror caps, Sequoia door handles, Debadged, Appearance rear bumper w/ sonar, Removed step bars
    Full interior LED's including vanity, puddle, reverse, cargo, and license plate LED's, DirectJG 35w 4500k HID's Low Beams, 35w 6000k Fogs, 55w 6000k High Beams, Side marker bulb delete, 2010 TailLights, EBAY bought LED/Smoked 3rd brake Light, Chrome painted amber DRL's and blinker bulbs
    More to come......

Page 1 of 44 12345611 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)