TRD Superchargers not sold anymore?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: TRD Superchargers not sold anymore?

Liked
    9 times

Default TRD Superchargers not sold anymore?

Hello,
    I had planned to buy a new Tundra with a supercharger, but an Edmonton area dealer told me that Toyota has told all dealers not to sell them as of four months ago. I can't find anything online or here that confirms that. Anyone else heard anything??
    I was also told they are 9-10K installed.......
    (I am not buying a new Tundra now, there's no point, for many reasons.....I'm just keeping my 07.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Veteran Member
    Liked
    10 times

Default Re: TRD Superchargers not sold anymore?

The new 2013 TRD catalog still shows it available for sale...

TRD
    Nick Brewer
    NickBrewer@msn.com
    2007 Toyota Tundra RCSB 5.7L
    1986 Yamaha SRX-6
    2013 Yamaha XTZ1200D Super Tenere

Liked
    9 times

Well I guess it WAS it was Sherwood Park Toyota, who previously also told me I had to pay them to do all recommended maintenance or the warranty was void.
    I went through three levels of management before someone admitted I don't have to pay them to honk my horn and check my signal lights.

Liked
    36 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Peter07crewmax View Post
    Well I guess it WAS it was Sherwood Park Toyota, who previously also told me I had to pay them to do all recommended maintenance or the warranty was void.
    I went through three levels of management before someone admitted I don't have to pay them to honk my horn and check my signal lights.
    It's not a bad idea.... I let my stealership do my maintenance... Solely because if/when it blows, I'm not to blame......
    They keep records(single location), and it helps when I trade it in on a 2014 Tundra or something else...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    08 Limited DC 4x4 Black/Charcoal
    TRD SuperCharger, TRD Cat Back, TRD 22" Forged 5 Spoke
    Odessey Battery, Pioneer Avic Z120BT, PAC SWI-PS, PAC TATO, RockFord Fosgate P1000 w/remote powering a JL SteathBox
    Factory matched tint, Paint matched grill surround, Sequoia mirror caps, Sequoia door handles, Debadged, Appearance rear bumper w/ sonar, Removed step bars
    Full interior LED's including vanity, puddle, reverse, cargo, and license plate LED's, DirectJG 35w 4500k HID's Low Beams, 35w 6000k Fogs, 55w 6000k High Beams, Side marker bulb delete, 2010 TailLights, EBAY bought LED/Smoked 3rd brake Light, Chrome painted amber DRL's and blinker bulbs
    More to come......

Liked
    11 times

I dealt with them once.....never again.

Crewmax LTD/NFAB SS/Undercover Tonneau/BHLM/LAHM/Husky Classic Liners/

Liked
    5 times

Mountain States Toyota in Denver just installed on last week!!!!!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Carson Toyota in California just installed one last week too (although I bought the S/C on ebay)!

Liked
    10 times

MST is top notch. Gregg, so you did this, we need to meet up next time I'm up there, I want a ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by justgregg View Post
    Mountain States Toyota in Denver just installed on last week!!!!!

Liked
    13 times
    Images

Hello,
    I had planned to buy a new Tundra with a supercharger, but an Edmonton area dealer told me that Toyota has told all dealers not to sell them as of four months ago. I can't find anything online or here that confirms that. Anyone else heard anything??
    I was also told they are 9-10K installed.......
    (I am not buying a new Tundra now, there's no point, for many reasons.....I'm just keeping my 07.)
    You can still get them, I don't think they will stop selling the SC anytime soon. Try another dealer, E-Bay or Sparks Toyota. I don't know why they would turn down $1k or more labor unless they don't have anybody qualified to do the install. Mine was little more than $6k in Feb 2012 bought and dealer installed. Took them 1 day for the install, dropped the truck off at 7 AM picked it up at 6 PM, mine wasn't the first for them to do.
    2008 DC 5.7 LTD "Big Red", Leather w heated seats. LineX bed liner, Extend a bed, ARE hard bed cover, DIY underseat rear storage, (Nav mod, all nav functions all the time), Always on backup camera switch, Firestone Ride Rite air bags, Sway bar, Supercharged, Auburn LSD with stock 4.30 gears.

Liked
    5 times

No...My Tundra has been at MTN States since last Monday. Bad air pump!!! Wave'y bed liner and a warped cowl piece. Maybe get it back Wednesday.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I was in Dawson Creek BC about a month ago, and they had two Tundras with the superchargers in them, and talked to them about it and said they could get them for about 5000...

Liked
    9 times

I just talked to a second dealer, Mayfield Toyota,
    they also say sales are stopped due to a design flaw, and no more will be sold until it is
    re designed. Maybe it's only in Canada?

Liked
    14 times

Too bad Mtn States is so far away. Longmont and Boulder dealers both annoy me.