1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Seat Belt Alarm........How can I disconnect on driver side of 2008 Tundra

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

Default Seat Belt Alarm........How can I disconnect on driver side of 2008 Tundra

This is a work truck, I need to be able to get in and out over and over without worrying about this alarm ringing in my ear. I unplugged a couple of connectors under the seat, but it turns on the airbag light also. I don't want to disable the airbag system, just the belt alarm.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    2 times

Default Re: Seat Belt Alarm........How can I disconnect on driver side of 2008 Tundra

Go to a junkyard, cut the metal part off of a seatbelt, plug it into the receptacle on your truck and voila. No seatbelt alarm.

Liked
    74 times

Default Re: Seat Belt Alarm........How can I disconnect on driver side of 2008 Tundra

I forget if I read this on this forum or another, but someone suggested taking a piece of plastic, tracing the belt buckle on it and cutting it out with a dremel tool, then plugging that into the fixed portion of the seat belt buckle.
    2013 Tundra DC 4X2 4.6l Silver Sky Metallic
    2010 Camry
    2000 Echo

Liked
    21 times

I turned off my seat belt chimes with techstream software and mini vci cable plugged into the obd2 port
    1986 Toyota Dlx Pickup 4x4 7" Lift 35x15 5:29 Gears Posi (First Yoda) Sold
    1989 Toyota Dlx Pickup 4x4 3" Lift 33x12 Sold
    2000 Tundra Access Cab 4x4 Sold
    2004 Tundra Double Cab 4x4 Sold
    2012 Tundra CrewMax 4x4 Current Ride

Lurking Member
    Liked
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by asc08 View Post
    I forget if I read this on this forum or another, but someone suggested taking a piece of plastic, tracing the belt buckle on it and cutting it out with a dremel tool, then plugging that into the fixed portion of the seat belt buckle.
    You can get these on eBay or Amazon for a few bucks too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

Thumbs up Re: Seat Belt Alarm........How can I disconnect on driver side of 2008 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by Piper5314 View Post
    This is a work truck, I need to be able to get in and out over and over without worrying about this alarm ringing in my ear. I unplugged a couple of connectors under the seat, but it turns on the airbag light also. I don't want to disable the airbag system, just the belt alarm.

Thanks
    Under DIY page Simple and easy step..

DIY Contest-Seatbelt Chime and Light Be-Gone for Free!!!

Veteran Member
    Liked
    155 times
    Images

its a hall-effect switch so a magnet, or better yet the third post has a wonderful 35 dollar solution!

Liked
    4 times

This is what I did about a year and a half ago and have never had an issue since doing it... Easy and free.

DIY: How-To disable the seatbelt chime.

2011 TRD Metallic Grey
    LED Tail lights
    20" American Outlaw Wheels
    305/50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Line X Spray Liner
    Tint all-around
    T-Shifter
    BHLM
    Stubby Antenna
    Clazzio Custom Seat Covers
    Bushwacker Pocket Flares

Veteran Member
    Liked
    0 times

I really don't understand why any dealership would think it is the car manufacturer's duty to make you wear a seat belt. There is nothing illegal about disarming the chime. On a side note, I hope the guy that designed that chime, dies a very slow and painful death. I hate that thing!
    2007 White DCSB, Drop in K&N filter, Flomaster 70 series replacement muffler. (no cat back)

Liked
    15 times
    Images

Took 2 different dealership visits but the second dealership did it within 2 minutes for me. They also eliminated the factory alarm beep and made all doors unlock with one button press.
    2013 Limited Crewmax 4x4 , RW Grill, Color Matched RW Bumper, Color Matched Door Handles, TRD Sway Bar, 20x9 w/ Cooper Zeon LTZ 305/55/R20 Sneakers
    "This is life people, You got air coming through your nose... You got a heartbeat... Its time to do do something!"

Liked
    35 times

i would NOT want the airbag to go off and not be in the seatbelt. the seatbelt makes sure you are exactly where you need to be to not be hurt worse by the bag and to make sure the bag actually protects you.
    RitcheyRch likes this.

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

Thanks guys!

Lurking Member
    Liked
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by toyotakid1996 View Post
    Took 2 different dealership visits but the second dealership did it within 2 minutes for me. They also eliminated the factory alarm beep and made all doors unlock with one button press.
    Really, how did they do that because I'm going to ask my dealer to do that. ?

Liked
    422 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal13TRD View Post
    Really, how did they do that because I'm going to ask my dealer to do that. ?
    They do it with the techstream computer. I also did the same thing. The only problem is finding a dealer that will shut off the chime. You are not shutting off your airbags, simply a noise reminding you your seatbelt is on. Some dealers will not do it.
    You can buy a cheap version of the techstream and do it yourself too.
    2012 Crewmax TRD 5.7, 4x4, 15% tint all around plus sunstrip. Ionic Gladiator running boards. Weathertechs front and rear. Line X, AVS vent visors. Viper 5301 2 way remote start, MBRP S5316304 cat back exhaust. Bakflip Fibermax tonneau cover.
    Traded in my 05 4x4 DC, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Catback15820, Line X bedliner.

Liked
    104 times

Quote Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
    i would NOT want the airbag to go off and not be in the seatbelt. the seatbelt makes sure you are exactly where you need to be to not be hurt worse by the bag and to make sure the bag actually protects you.
    Exactly! Are those that are disabling the alarm not wearing set belts at all or just don't get them on before the annoying alarm goes off?
    Delaware
    2007 Tundra SR5 4WD, Super White, RollBak G2 Tonneau
    2012 RC Tacoma, Pyrite Mica [Kid's college vehicle]
    2002 Tacoma, White [Sold]
    2001 Tundra, Green [Sold]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.