2013 Tundra - what did you pay? - Page 5

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 2013 Tundra - what did you pay?

Veteran Member
    Liked
    83 times

Default Re: 2013 Tundra - what did you pay?

You guys do realize how useless it is to post your out the door price. I skimmed this just to see what the market is like for new ones and can't figure it out.

Every state and even different cities and counties have different tax rates, tag rates, and licensing costs. Also your trades may come into play. Plus tax incentive possibilities on trades.

It is more useful to list the cash discount you got off of the MSRP without paying any other fees.

Dont' take it the wrong way but this thread was kinda funny.
    2008 Tundra Double Cab 5.7L SR5 JBL TRD 285/65/18 Terra Grapplers, Bilstein leveling kit middle setting
    2007 2500 Dodge 4x4 quad cab laramie cummins (sold)
    1990 Mustang Coupe with some mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
    You guys do realize how useless it is to post your out the door price. I skimmed this just to see what the market is like for new ones and can't figure it out.

Every state and even different cities and counties have different tax rates, tag rates, and licensing costs. Also your trades may come into play. Plus tax incentive possibilities on trades.

It is more useful to list the cash discount you got off of the MSRP without paying any other fees.

Dont' take it the wrong way but this thread was kinda funny.
    What's funny is you taking the time to post when you think the thread is useless....
    Last edited by nhparrot; 05-25-2013 at 12:42 PM. Reason: rude comment removed

Veteran Member
    Liked
    83 times

It is not useless if people will post cash discount off msrp. Which is why I posted that, twit.
    2008 Tundra Double Cab 5.7L SR5 JBL TRD 285/65/18 Terra Grapplers, Bilstein leveling kit middle setting

Veteran Member
    Liked
    118 times
    Images

I agree with Joe, this thread is useless. Vehicle price threads always are. There are too many variables and too many consumers do not know all the behind-the-scenes tactics that stealerships utilize to turn profit. I'm not saying I'm an expert, but I will say that imo 4 out of 5 prices quoted in this thread are probably not realistic.

The Truck, by OsidePunker

2013 Tundra DC RW 5.7L 4x4

Liked
    32 times

I agree as well. Need to know how much came off msrp first then you can figure out the rest.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

First, taking the time to read and then actually post on a thread you think is "useless" is stupid. Instead of keeping your mouth shut and moving on, you post and actually bump the thread to the top. It's like the forum police always telling people to use the search function.

People can take the thread and posted prices for what it's worth. For me, it gives potential buyers a general idea of what other people are paying. Of course there will be variables based on location, trim, trade-in...etc. But hey, keep posting on useless threads
    Last edited by nhparrot; 05-25-2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: rude unnecessary comment removed

Liked
    32 times

Co, thanks for the Moron comment, very kind of you. I have worked in the auto industry since 1998 and there is a Ford dealership on my fathers side of family since late 1940,s. I have owned 23 vehicles in since 1989. I was just stating Joe and other member where correct on the part of knowing or saying it helps to know exactly how much came of msrp first before trade and taxes where thrown in. It's not very nice to call or put people names or put them down in person or on a forum. Anyways don't take things so personal and listen to others when there facts are correct, it's just a conversation not a debate. They where just trying to help the others and might not have said it in the right way. So lets just have some fun and help everyone here and really see what dealerships are dropping there pants to move some iron off the lots. Ohh yes Ford dealer in family....I drive Toyota, GM and BMW and some times Dodge diesel trucks...just my preference.

canddmeyer likes this.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

2013 DC, SR5, 4x4 MSRP 40,200, Purchase price $30,650

New 2013 Toyota Tundra for Sale in Baltimore 130915 | Maryland Toyota Dealer

Liked
    32 times

You got yourself a good deal on that DC 4x4 !! Congrats !

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Colonial Cobra View Post
    2013 DC, SR5, 4x4 MSRP 40,200, Purchase price $30,650

New 2013 Toyota Tundra for Sale in Baltimore 130915 | Maryland Toyota Dealer
    Be careful before you jump on this deal.
    That link says it only has Tow package and Convenience package and MSRP is 40,200???
    I have the same truck with those packaged plus carpets and bluetooth/satellite radio and my MSRP was 33715.

Liked
    1 times
    Images

For giggles I contacted "Live Chat" person at this dealership to clarify that promotion.
    Here's the conversation.
    She was a bit evasive, not answering my question if the MSRP was correct or not.

Russel Toyota Scion New Sales: Thank you for choosing Russel Toyota Scion!
    System: We have alerted the online representatives that you are waiting. Someone should be with you momentarily.
    System: A representative has joined the conversation. Compose your message below and then press Enter to send.
    Krista: Hi this is Krista. With whom, may I ask, am I chatting
    You: Hi I'm Dave
    Krista: Hello Dave!
    Krista: How can I help you
    You: a question about New 2013 Toyota Tundra for Sale in Baltimore 130915 | Maryland Toyota Dealer
    You: That only has tow and conv packages?
    Krista: Let me check on that for you please.
    Krista: The Tundra is showing in the system to still be available, we need to physically check and make sure it is. We do the majority of our business through the internet, and are committed to offering the best customer service, and will go the extra mile for each customer! I would like to check with the manager to confirm the feature on this. What is the best phone number and email that we can reach you back on
    You: Forget whether it is available or not
    You: are those the only packages
    Krista: Yes but I do need to check on the features as I am not on the sales floor
    You: ?
    You: base MSRP on that model is 30860
    Krista: Ok great
    You: how do you get from there to 40200
    Krista: I am not on the sales floor and do not work on the pricig. We can send you over the price break down so you can see if you would like
    You: those are $1200 worth of options
    You: Would you mind if I sent that link to Toyota Cust service?
    Krista: Sure.
    You: If a mistake you should correct
    Krista: you can call or email We are having an awesome buy back program going on right now,we are able to offer you top dollar for your trade in! what is the year,make,model and mileage?
    You: else it is false advertising
    You: I just want to make sure, before I buy, what the correct MSRP is
    You: Forget it, your silence is my answer
    Krista: I understand
    You: bye
    Krista: however I am not on the sales floor so I can not confirm the pricing for you
    Last edited by dnels; 05-22-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    83 times

Ask her if she requires a credit card before turning on her chat camera or if you need to go to a different site.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by dnels View Post
    Be careful before you jump on this deal.
    That link says it only has Tow package and Convenience package and MSRP is 40,200???
    I have the same truck with those packaged plus carpets and bluetooth/satellite radio and my MSRP was 33715.
    Those are not the only options. All of their adds are listed that way on the web site. Look through the others.
    I called and questioned it before going any farther. They sent the full copy of the window sticker and full price breakdown.

It's a DC,4x4, SR5, Off road package

They had one like yours with a MSRP of 33450, for $26k.

The online chat is a joke. Call their internet sales associates. They were great to deal with.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by dnels View Post
    For giggles I contacted "Live Chat" person at this dealership to clarify that promotion.
    Another note,, They price all of their vehicles way below msrp. Not a one time promotion, or "only available on one vehicle" crap that most dealerships pull. They advertise no haggle, rock bottom pricing.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    83 times

Yeah also look on ebay and you can find discount volume dealers. You might have to travel some and you might not get a bunch of test drives but I think most of us guys kinda know what we want when we go in.

$26K sounds like a good deal on a 4x4 DC TRD SR5. Was it a 5.7? I'd personally would have bought that myself instead of my used one (similar truck used with 31K miles on for 19K). I thought these were running a little closer to $30K. Mine does have pretty much every option but the limited package though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.