2014 Tundra Poll - Round 2

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

View Poll Results: What do you think of the 2014 Tundra now?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pass - I like it

30 63.83%
  • Fail - I don't like

17 36.17%
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jetman 1979

Thread: 2014 Tundra Poll - Round 2

Liked
    102 times

Default 2014 Tundra Poll - Round 2

It's been over two weeks since our first look at the 2014 Tundra. I often change my opinion of a new car or truck after I've had time to get used to it. So I'm wondering, if the poll were taken again would the results be much different? So VOTE again. The options are the same as last time:

Pass - I Like it.

Fail - I don't like it.
    Last edited by Delaware; 02-25-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    Delaware
    2007 Tundra SR5 4WD, Super White, RollBak G2 Tonneau
    2012 RC Tacoma, Pyrite Mica [Kid's college vehicle]
    2002 Tacoma, White [Sold]
    2001 Tundra, Green [Sold]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    2 times

Default Re: 2014 Tundra Poll - Round 2

I like it, but only in the color matched grill surround option! Hopefully they offer something similar to the rock warrior pkg. Platinum is too rich for me.
    Please help find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis by supporting our Great Strides walk team: www.cff.org/Great_Strides/ChadWeber

Liked
    102 times

94 views have resulted in 9 votes? This isn't complicated guys.
    Delaware

Liked
    224 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Delaware View Post
    94 views have resulted in 9 votes? This isn't complicated guys.
    I looked 93 times and then voted yes on my 94th
    2013 Ram Crew Sport 4x4, 5.7, 8-speed, 3.92, Borla exhaust
    2010 Tundra 4x4 5.7 Limited, Slate, TRD RW Wheels with 33" Cooper ST Maxx (sold)
    2001 Tundra 4x4
    2000 tundra 4x4
    1998 Tacoma
    1997 Tacoma
    1995.5 Tacoma

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=348&dateline=12472564  47

Lurking Member
    Liked
    8 times

Yea I like the 2014 but my 2010 is paid for. And only has 21 thousand miles.
    USAF.2012 likes this.

Liked
    102 times

Too few votes to really tell but it looks like, after two weeks, we're starting to warm up to the new design. Scroll up and Vote!
    Last edited by Delaware; 02-26-2013 at 07:26 AM.
    Delaware

Liked
    224 times
    Images

Too few votes to really tell but it looks like, after two weeks, we're starting to warm up to the new design. Scroll up and Vote!
    That, and people just like to b!tich. When a new truck first comes out, it's the perfect time.

I for one will be looking at a 2014 crewmax limited or plat likely after the 1st of the year. Not sure what I want to do yet but I have plenty of time to look and evaluate things. I am having a little bit of heartburn thinking about a crewmax, but the family is growing..

we have a 11 month old and wife likes to sit in the back with her along with all the other crap that goes along with that and the DC is getting a bit tight for that. I will look at them once they come out and decide if I want more cab space or not.
    2013 Ram Crew Sport 4x4, 5.7, 8-speed, 3.92, Borla exhaust
    2010 Tundra 4x4 5.7 Limited, Slate, TRD RW Wheels with 33" Cooper ST Maxx (sold)
    2001 Tundra 4x4
    2000 tundra 4x4
    1998 Tacoma
    1997 Tacoma
    1995.5 Tacoma

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=348&dateline=12472564  47

Liked
    9 times
    Images

Pass I like the truck with the painted front end over crome. Still going to keep my 07.
    Charlie & Linda

Liked
    35 times
    Images

Personally, I'm really glad I went ahead and got a 2013 CrewMax this month (Feb 2013) instead of waiting for the 2014. I had a 2001 extended cab Tundra a few years ago and loved it. I remember being "wowed" when the second generation was introduced. I am not wowed by this UPDATED model. The 2014 isn't really a new generation. It's just a major update to the existing model. I think if they had used the new styling on a NEW heavy duty 3/4 or 1 ton Tundra, it would be a hit. For my taste the 2014 is just a little too industrial/commercial/contractor grade in terms of exterior styling. I absolutely love the interior on the 2014 though. Huge improvement!
    If or when they develop better engine choices or improve the technology on the existing engines, that might be enough to sway me. And who knows, maybe the 2014 update will look better in person. Or like Honda did with the recent Civic styling mishap (Honda re-remodeled the Civic after not being received well in its first year), Toyota will redo the 2015 Tundra.
    I'm extremely happy with my 2013 4.6 CrewMax. I still can't believe it fits so easily in my garage.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByAG Free1361940226.368547.jpg 
Views:	2573 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	94308

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Liked
    102 times

Tundra-TSS - My logic is a bit different. I have an '07 DC 4.7 which has been a good solid truck for me. It'll need a somewhere from $2-3K of "stuff" around the time that the 2014 hits the showrooms. I like both the exterior and especially the interior of the '14 and I feel that I need a new truck. Can't bring myself to buy one that looks exactly like the one I have. I think that I'll probably pull the trigger on one about this time next year after the dust settles. If they offer new engine choices, a HD version, or something else significant in 2015-2016 I'll let those upgrades prove themselves for 2-3 years and then replace the '14. I don't see them revising the exterior.
    Delaware

Liked
    35 times
    Images

Tundra-TSS - My logic is a bit different. I have an '07 DC 4.7 which has been a good solid truck for me. It'll need a somewhere from $2-3K of "stuff" around the time that the 2014 hits the showrooms. I like both the exterior and especially the interior of the '14 and I feel that I need a new truck. Can't bring myself to buy one that looks exactly like the one I have. I think that I'll probably pull the trigger on one about this time next year after the dust settles. If they offer new engine choices, a HD version, or something else significant in 2015-2016 I'll let those upgrades prove themselves for 2-3 years and then replace the '14. I don't see them revising the exterior.
    Delaware - I ABSOLUTELY see your point! I guess I wasn't thinking in those terms. I just came from a 2010 Ridgeline (which I traded for the Tundra), and I was torn between getting another Ridgeline or a Tundra. In the end, one of the biggest deciding factors for me was just what you mention: I didn't want to buy another truck that was EXACTLY like the one I was replacing. So, I went with the Tundra (and I'm glad I did). For me buying a 2013 with the same styling as a 2007 wasn't a big deal because that styling was still new to ME. Were I in your shoes, I would probably have made the exact same point you make. I'm really not hating on the new Tundra, I'm just unsure about the exterior styling. It may look way better in person. Some vehicles don't photograph well. And again, the interior (which is the part an owner sees 90% of the time) looks GREAT! One thing I'm curious about that not many have mentioned, is the pros and cons of the new backseat in the CrewMax. I love that it folds UP instead of DOWN. That provides much more usable storage for, say, luggage, groceries, boxes, etc. But with that added function, it appears that the backseat loses the fore and aft movement which would be a bummer for me. I have a 3 year old in a childseat, and being able to slide the seat closer so we can hand her stuff (drinks, snacks, toys, etc.) is awesome. You can't have it both ways and I can't say which I would prefer. I think, probably having the seat fold up and losing the sliding ability would be preferable, but it's hard to say.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.