Parking brake?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Parking brake?

Supercharged Member italiantundra88's Avatar
    Liked
    379 times
    Images

Default Parking brake?

I got in my truck the other day and was playing with my parking brake. I notice it went to the floor quite easily. I then realized by putting it in drive an the truck moving that it is non existent. The pedal is fine the dash indicator works it just doesn't stop the truck. Is there am adjustment, is the cable busted where should I start?
    07 Tundra Limited DC 5.7 TRD Off Road
    All interior leds, led reverse lights, black headlight mod, custom homemade led third brake light, morimoto mini H1 projector retrofit with 5000k hids, 6000k 55w hid fogs, debadged, 2010 sport color matching grill, 2 sundown sd 10s in a fox under seat box, afe stage 2 cold air intake, super 44 flowmasters dumped after rear axel, tundra racing rear flip leveling kit, 22" black rhino traverse, tundra racing helper bag kit (made to fit their level kits)...

Seafoam how to
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...eafoam-how-to/

Quote Originally Posted by oofy15354 View Post
    she got mad when i came home and sat in the truck before going inside to see her... i guess the tundra just requires less money and maintenance.....
    Quote Originally Posted by tundrunk View Post
    The sad part is, when I googled "blowmaster" images a picture of my truck comes up, fail.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    4 times

Default Re: Parking brake?

There is an adjustment to tighten cable, driver's side approx behind passenger door, it is probably rusted, you'll need to soak it in lube

Liked
    61 times

Kroil = lifesaver. Well, nut and bolt saver to be exact. And knuckle saver.

Penetrating-Lubricating Oils
    Its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow.

Liked
    379 times
    Images

Thats guys. Is it an obvious adjustment nut or is it by anything else that I could confuse it with.
    All interior leds, led reverse lights, black headlight mod, custom homemade led third brake light, morimoto mini H1 projector retrofit with 5000k hids, 6000k 55w hid fogs, debadged, 2010 sport color matching grill, 2 sundown sd 10s in a fox under seat box, afe stage 2 cold air intake, super 44 flowmasters dumped after rear axel, tundra racing rear flip leveling kit, 22" black rhino traverse, tundra racing helper bag kit (made to fit their level kits)...

Seafoam how to

she got mad when i came home and sat in the truck before going inside to see her... i guess the tundra just requires less money and maintenance.....
    The sad part is, when I googled "blowmaster" images a picture of my truck comes up, fail.

Liked
    61 times

Just don't mistake it for the machine gun deployment nut. Been there, done that. In the garage. It was a mess.
    Its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow.

Liked
    379 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mattjgerard View Post
    Just don't mistake it for the machine gun deployment nut. Been there, done that. In the garage. It was a mess.
    Lol I wanted to make sure cuz on my first gen (even tho I'm experienced at doing my own oil) I almost drained the tranny cuz the oil pan was under the skid plate.

Now I did find it and I think it's adjusted properly. The bracket moves and and can't go any further once the brake is all the way to the floor. I think I might have something up in the rear brakes. Which makes me concerned. If the parking brake isn't functioning properly are the actual brakes functioning properly? Is the parking brake separate. On day I'm going to have to jack up the rear end and check.

Seafoam how to

Veteran Member
    Liked
    10 times

Usually on a vehicle with 4 wheel disk brakes, the parking brake is implemented separately, usually with a small drum brake. This is how the Tundra is setup, also the main brake system is hydraulically actuated, where the parking brake is actuated by a cable, so two completely different systems....
    Nick Brewer
    NickBrewer@msn.com
    2007 Toyota Tundra RCSB 5.7L
    1986 Yamaha SRX-6
    2013 Yamaha XTZ1200D Super Tenere

Liked
    379 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by NickBrewer View Post
    Usually on a vehicle with 4 wheel disk brakes, the parking brake is implemented separately, usually with a small drum brake. This is how the Tundra is setup, also the main brake system is hydraulically actuated, where the parking brake is actuated by a cable, so two completely different systems....
    I knew the brake was hydrollic but maybe the cable worked it some how. Wasn't sure. I know a little about cars but that makes me feel better about the fuctionality of my rear brakes. I'm honestly not to worried about it. Literally the only times I ever used my parking brake was when I was too lazy to put the truck in park at the drive throughs so.

Seafoam how to