Greetings, if you dont already know it, the 2014 brochure is out on the Toyota site:
I intend on buying a DC 4x4 TRD as soon as possible to replace my 2002 DC TRD. I've been looking at the brochure pictures with great interest. Maybe some of you can answer some questions?
1. Does the divot in the center armrest serve any purpose? Is it just cosmetic? I looks like it would be a bad idea for my elbow and our dog who likes to ride there.
2. What is the black area directly behind the shifter? It looks like it may open, cant be sure. I'd like to mount something there...
3. Why such a narrow color selection? For an SR5 it's basically Dk. Gray, Lt. Gray, Black, Red, White and Blue. 6 colors? Not shades of Green, Tan or Steel Blue? Its not a very creative mix of colors either. Almost primary.
4. How are these new Michelin off road tires? I think I read they are propriatary to these trucks? Anyone know where to find any data on them?
6. Whats so special about LED daytime running lights as opposed to regular lights?
7. Has anyone ever used the dash divot for anything really usefull? Seems like a dust catcher that's hard to reach and serves no real purpose.
8. I noticed there's no oh S***! handle on the drivers side, bummer. Did the 2013 and before have them? My 2002 does and I use it when off road all the time.
I better call it quits with the questions. I have nothing against the 2014 that would keep me from buying. Just curious.