Tundra TRD PRO????

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Tundra TRD PRO????

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Default Tundra TRD PRO????

Watching the Monster Energy Supercross (Toyota is a big sponsor). The had a commercial with a 2014 Tundra pulling up to gas station with a MX bike in the bed. You hear a bunch of engine noise and dust as the two cowboys lean forward to see what it is. Camera pans around and several solid red toyota's, taco, 4 runner and tundra go rolling by.

No real good looks of the whole truck and what it could be. It had a color matched grill and bumpers (like the Rock Warrior).

All it said was coming soon.

Could this be a Raptor killer?
    Last edited by redbullguy; 01-19-2014 at 12:10 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    123 times
    Images

Default Re: Tundra TRD PRO????

Sure, get our hopes up!! Kidding!! Conservative milk toast poindexter Toyota do something fun? The corporate bean counters won't allow anymore fun this decade. I mean, Toyota already made something fun....the FR-S/86......but fun for the truck level, maybe 2020?
    2006 SR5 DC 2WD
    Mod list: BA Muffler™ upgrade, 20% tint on front windows, map light mod, fog light mod, led lights in a few spots. 65K miles. Summer maintenance coming up: TB clean, spark plugs, PCV, trans & radiator flush. My goal before 9/1

''Success is not owned, it is rented. And you have to pay rent every day!''

Liked
    36 times
    Images

Yep... Toyota has been very slow to graduate....
    The less than appealing, and lack luster of 2014 Tundra is pure example...
    Breathing Borla likes this.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    08 Limited DC 4x4 Black/Charcoal
    TRD SuperCharger, TRD Cat Back, TRD 22" Forged 5 Spoke
    Odessey Battery, Pioneer Avic Z120BT, PAC SWI-PS, PAC TATO, RockFord Fosgate P1000 w/remote powering a JL SteathBox
    Factory matched tint, Paint matched grill surround, Sequoia mirror caps, Sequoia door handles, Debadged, Appearance rear bumper w/ sonar, Removed step bars
    Full interior LED's including vanity, puddle, reverse, cargo, and license plate LED's, DirectJG 35w 4500k HID's Low Beams, 35w 6000k Fogs, 55w 6000k High Beams, Side marker bulb delete, 2010 TailLights, EBAY bought LED/Smoked 3rd brake Light, Chrome painted amber DRL's and blinker bulbs
    More to come......

Veteran Member bigjokerinthebox66's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	6254 
Size:	833.0 KB 
ID:	173193

Saw the same commercial.
    2007 Tundra 5.7 CM SR5 TRD PC Stage I, Nitto tgrapplers 325/60/20s, 20" XD Hoss, dual flowmaster 40s, volant,carriage works, color keyed handles & mirrors, debadged,tint, carbon fiber.
    2007 Tundra 5.7 DC SR5 TRD Revtek 2.5", 18" Ultra goliaths, 33" Toyo a/ts, airaid, chrome handles, DG grill, tint.

Supercharged Prius motors with the hybrid technology to meet the future EPA standards. Just kidding, but I did see where Ford is putting turbocharged 4 cylinder engines in their 2015 F150. It will be a step up from the standard V6 (not the ecoboost V6). And they are supposed to be good for a little over 300 hp. Ford is also retiring their 6.2 for 2015, their biggest V8 will be the 5.0 liter. Enjoy our V8's while they are still available.
    jamesjr4750 and CrewmaxGolfer like this.
    2014 Tundra Double Cab Limited 4x4. Sunset Bronze Mica with tan leather. Line-X. Lund Crossroads running boards.

Liked
    5 times
    Images

Cool - I can't wait to pay $60K for a truck that I can otherwise build for $35K but which has a mediocre version of good suspension, a special front fascia, special wheels, and special interior appointments. Now we can give those daily driver Raptor owners a run for their money on the way to the mall.

Cynicism aside, it's good to see Toyota branch out a little and build something cool and different again. I just hate over-priced poseur trucks like a lot of Raptors I've seen.
    northwest and TundraBlackSR5 like this.
    S/C 2008 Tundra - Banks Monster Exhaust
    2008 5.7 TRD SR5 4X4 DC | TRD Supercharged | Banks Monster single exhaust | Bilstein 5100s | LT275/65R20 Cooper AT3s
    Black Limited 20s | Hellwig Rear Swaybar | Black Headlight Mod | Line-X

Liked
    29 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    Cool - I can't wait to pay $60K for a truck that I can otherwise build for $35K but which has a mediocre version of good suspension, a special front fascia, special wheels, and special interior appointments. Now we can give those daily driver Raptor owners a run for their money on the way to the mall.

Cynicism aside, it's good to see Toyota branch out a little and build something cool and different again. I just hate over-priced poseur trucks like a lot of Raptors I've seen.
    Amen to that!
    2013 DC 4x4, 5.7L, tow, ReadyLift 3"/1.5" level, 275-70-18 DuraTracs, Vision 375 wheels, Line-X

Liked
    4 times
    Images

Can someone put the commercial onto this tread? Thanks, I like to see it

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Liked
    24 times

I heard they were making a raptor like tacoma instead of the prerunner. Extended fenders and better suspension. I can't remember where I heard it though so I might be making that up but I don't think I'm lieing.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Big fan of the grill that says "TOYOTA" across it.

Liked
    33 times

Quote Originally Posted by Kstateskier View Post
    Tundra Satoshi grill!!!
    2000 Tundra 4.7L V8 TRD

Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by Kstateskier View Post
    I was planning on doing that in the near future! Wasn't sure what to use, an old school toy or the new f j..

SjG Ft.

Liked
    36 times
    Images

Looks like they removed the stamp in the tailgate.... LED tail lights(although not too attractive to me)... Possibly some xenon head lighting as well.... No chrome, or least very little...
    I say it's an improvement already...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    08 Limited DC 4x4 Black/Charcoal
    TRD SuperCharger, TRD Cat Back, TRD 22" Forged 5 Spoke
    Odessey Battery, Pioneer Avic Z120BT, PAC SWI-PS, PAC TATO, RockFord Fosgate P1000 w/remote powering a JL SteathBox
    Factory matched tint, Paint matched grill surround, Sequoia mirror caps, Sequoia door handles, Debadged, Appearance rear bumper w/ sonar, Removed step bars
    Full interior LED's including vanity, puddle, reverse, cargo, and license plate LED's, DirectJG 35w 4500k HID's Low Beams, 35w 6000k Fogs, 55w 6000k High Beams, Side marker bulb delete, 2010 TailLights, EBAY bought LED/Smoked 3rd brake Light, Chrome painted amber DRL's and blinker bulbs
    More to come......

Liked
    141 times

Just thought I'd jump in here and stir the pot a bit.

I watched the film given at the link above on Internet Explorer, so I could recover the video from the temp files for closer scrutiny.
    What I found: Looks like both a Tundra and a Tacoma.

The fronts. Tacoma on the left. Those are definitely Tundra outside mirrors on the right.

Name:	Both.jpg 
Views:	2116 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	174145

This is a Tacoma rear

Name:	Tacoma.jpg 
Views:	2434 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	174153

And finally a Tundra rear. This is the clearest frame I could get from the video.

Name:	Tundra.jpg 
Views:	4053 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	174161

Parting shot has a 3rd vehicle in it. Highlander perhaps? 4-Runner?

Name:	AllThree.jpg 
Views:	3763 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	174169

Steve
    Last edited by StevJ; 01-22-2014 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Added picture.
    1. Common sense is a curse in disguise, because if you have it, you have to live with those who do not.
    2. Everything will work exactly as expected, unless your expectations are incorrect.
    3. When Noah sends his animals to go forth and multiply, a pair of snakes replies “We can't multiply, we're adders” — so Noah builds them a log table.

ˇpןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ɟo sɹǝpuoʍ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝuo sı ǝpoɔıun ʞuıɥʇ ı

Compassionate misanthropy: loving mankind selectively.

DIY AIP BYPASS <--
    Block-Off Plate Drawings<--

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast