'07 Tundra Rear Roll-Down window?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '07 Tundra Rear Roll-Down window?

Liked
    0 times

Default '07 Tundra Rear Roll-Down window?

Anybody actually seen this option from their experiences at the dealerships?
    The only place I've been able to find it was in "The River" experiance video at toyota.com

I took a screen-shot of the scene where the window is rolling down and put in the attachment below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture-1.png 
Views:	1269 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	16794  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    12 times
    Images

Default Re: '07 Tundra Rear Roll-Down window?

Only available on the crewmax and they are not out yet

Banned
    Liked
    0 times
    Images

reason why to buy a crewmax over a Double cab is that feature alone One sweet addition to the Tundra Lineup.It's too bad they didn't add this on the 07 Double cab's like the pasted 2006 Dc..

click picture to view video....

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times
    Images

Yup, only available on the crewmax. Both my current DC (previous generation, the new DC does not have this feature) and my 00 4runner had this window, and seriously, I would get a crewmax over the DC for just this feature. I know it sounds weird, but it really is nice (like a convertible) when the sunroof, all windows, and the rear window are open. (not to mention the extra room in the back) It's a feature I would really miss.

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Indeed it is a great features. Opening that rear window while the other windows are open greatly reduces drag, and you can actually notice it get quieter while driving when you lower it. Everyone i've driven in the Sequoia who has seen it loves the feature.
    1988 Nissan 300zx 5spd 80,000 miles
    1995 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 5spd 90,000 miles (sold, frame shot)
    2001 Sequoia Limited 4x4 182,000 miles (some electronic issues, manifolds, otherwise solid and not a single rattle woot)
    2006 Suzuki GS500F 6spd

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times
    Images

yea everyone always loves my rear window down, I've also had other pickup owner's ask me about it. Not one other pickup on the market has a FULL window that rolls all the way down, from what I have seen. There is a nissan or ford that has a rear window that rolls down, but it is only the center part, they have two little triangles of glass on either side of the center part that are stationary.

Liked
    0 times

Thats it! Forget the Double Cab. I'll get a trailer for hauling drywall when I need to

The Window+Sun Roof is as close to a convert as a truch should get. (forget that ugly convertable Dakota that Dodge did 10 years ago)

Liked
    0 times

Had both a Sequoia and a 2 4Runners that did this and it was conveient but not a driving sensation for me. The main problem is that at stops you'll get exhaust in the cabin. Nice to blow out a fart though on the HWY!

On the crewmax the location should eliminate that issue and having it close behind makes it very appealing but...I can't settle for the look and utility of the short bed, the extra price and the rear room I'd never use. I was settled on the crewmax originally based on my experience with clam shell doors on the gen1 Tundra but finding out the DC has a regular rear door and comfortable rear seats; I'm sticking with the DC but will envy that rear verticle opening window!

Jer
    Liked
    3 times

I love it too but can't handle the shorty bed. So, it seems to be the lesser of two evils to go Double cab and get the regular size bed w/o the roll down. I'll sure miss it though as that was one of my favorite features of my '06.
    A right, not a privilege - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

=-----> DO NOT SHIP W/DAS (DEPENDABLE AUTO SHIPPERS)!! <----=

Banned
    Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I love it too but can't handle the shorty bed. So, it seems to be the lesser of two evils to go Double cab and get the regular size bed w/o the roll down. I'll sure miss it though as that was one of my favorite features of my '06.
    your better off kepting what you have inless you need a new Tundra I don't see the big deal on the new Double cab's beyond the New 5.7 liter iforce v8 and shorter leg room in the rear.For the Money spent Crewmax is the way to go and looking forward to a 6.5 bed in the near future for those like you who need's a bigger bed option.
    Toyota really has the market fooled into thinking this truck is soo Huge and it's Larger No doubt but huge is an Understament esp with the renaming on the Tundra lineup (reg, Double cab(replacement for access cab), and Crewmax (much larger 4 door based Tundra grand scale with less bed 5.5 standard No other bed size offered )

Liked
    0 times

There is a nissan or ford that has a rear window that rolls down, but it is only the center part, they have two little triangles of glass on either side of the center part that are stationary.
    I had that exact feature on my Titan LE, and as nice as it was, being able to roll down the FULL window on the Tundra DC is 100% better, in my opinion.
    '06 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5
    TRD Exhaust
    Console Vault truck safe
    Bedrug
    Snugtop Supersport camper shell
    Thule roof rack
    Weathertech Floor Liners

Jer
    Liked
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by TUNDRAV8GEORGIA View Post
    your better off kepting what you have inless you need a new Tundra I don't see the big deal on the new Double cab's beyond the New 5.7 liter iforce v8 and shorter leg room in the rear.For the Money spent Crewmax is the way to go and looking forward to a 6.5 bed in the near future for those like you who need's a bigger bed option.
    Toyota really has the market fooled into thinking this truck is soo Huge and it's Larger No doubt but huge is an Understament esp with the renaming on the Tundra lineup (reg, Double cab(replacement for access cab), and Crewmax (much larger 4 door based Tundra grand scale with less bed 5.5 standard No other bed size offered )
    The newly increased pricing structure is also a factor and the CrewMax is too much $$ to spend just to have a power roll down rear window. As good as Toyota did they missed the mark on a couple things on this new truck. No power folding mirros on the widest truck (mirror to mirror) in it's segment? WTF??

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    The newly increased pricing structure is also a factor and the CrewMax is too much $$ to spend just to have a power roll down rear window. As good as Toyota did they missed the mark on a couple things on this new truck. No power folding mirros on the widest truck (mirror to mirror) in it's segment? WTF??
    Limited's stock mirrors are power folding.

Jer
    Liked
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by mainliner View Post
    Limited's stock mirrors are power folding.

Are you sure of that? I couldn't find a switch and the specs online seem to be hit or miss and none of them conclusive. That's one of my biggest requirements in my next truck since I park it in the garage bay that is only single wide instead of two cars wide.

Someone take a picture of the switch for me!

Liked
    0 times

That IS one of the features on my '06 DC that I LOVE!! I love hitting that button in the summer time!! Oh yeah, sun roof open, all 5 windows open.....that IS the life!
    2011 4Runner, Trail Edition, 4x4.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast