CB or ham radio install?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CB or ham radio install?

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default CB or ham radio install?

Has anyone installed a cb or ham radio in their 2007 tundra yet. If anyone has pics of an install with 40/20/40 or buckets in front show us some pics or let us know how and where you installed it. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: CB or ham radio install?

I have several radios I'll be installing (in 2-3 weeks), I'll post photos ASAP.

Liked
    2 times

hmmmmm after reading this it makes me want to install my galaxy 88 it would fit perfectly in my center console

Liked
    0 times
    Images

I got it installed finally. I am using a Yaesu FT-7100 mobile. It has the remote head unit that can be detached from the main unit. I put the main unit under the seat and ran the wire to the head unit on the hump under a rubber floor mat I got throwed across it. I mounted the head unit with double sided tape on the area just under the traction control button (knee bolster area). The antenna I mounted with a L bracket that was bent and drilled to attach to the existing hole in the fender just in front of the 2nd fender bolt from the back under the hood. Seems to work fine for now until I can come up with something better. Will try to post pictures when I can.
    2007 Tundra Crewmax SR5 4x4, Silver Sky Metallic, 5.7L, Enkei 18" alloys, BFG Rugged Trail AT 275/65/18, 40/20/40 front bench, cold kit, deck rails, heated/power mirrors, Line-X bed spray, Access Literider Rollup cover, Yaesu ft-7100, Mobile1 5w-20, AVS ventvisors, Power lock/unlock tailgate, Tundra step boards.

TNK
    Banned
    Liked
    0 times

That 88 will over heat down in that bucket,might wanna reconsider another location.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripped Honda View Post
    hmmmmm after reading this it makes me want to install my galaxy 88 it would fit perfectly in my center console

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by TNK View Post
    That 88 will over heat down in that bucket,might wanna reconsider another location.

good point damn i need to find a place for my kicker too

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Lightbulb Re: CB or ham radio install?

Just got a 2007 tundra crewmax, upgrading from a Scion.. so much for easy dash space ... so I am thinking about ordering the geotool bed spike mount (GeoTool Pickup Truck Antenna Mounts) and the panavise radio mount (Panavise - 751371307 - 2007 NEW Toyota Tundra mount for GPS, iPod, Satellite Rad)

It seems that with that mount I could just run the cable through the bed side -> drain plug up and up into the cab.. With that in mind, I believe the N connector will fit in the 239 mount, so two of those here I come ...

Anyone able to come up with a cleaner/more functional (I suppose N mount in the roof is the _best_ install but no thanks) install then that?

~Max
    de w6lnx

Liked
    1 times

I'll be taking delivery of my Ltd Crewmax next Tuesday and the first thing I'm going to do is drill three holes in the roof to mount antennas (wideband VHF, dual band cellular and GPS). I'll take pictures of the installation as I go along (Motorola CDM 1550LS and Wilson cellular amp) and post afterwards.

Dale McLean
    aka PS-RagE
    House of RagE
    See Road RagE II thread for details

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times
    Images

- Silver 2010 Crewmax Platinum, new Jan 2011. Michelin LTX AT2 275/65R20, tuff country 2" level. Next: debadge

- Ex -'07 Pyrite crewmax LTD "B" package - Purchased April 30/07, sold Dec 21/10 with 150,000kms.

- '07 USA market Honda Odyssey EXL-RES imported to Canada (sorry Honda Canada, this one reads MPH)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.