Crew Max VS Double Cab

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crew Max VS Double Cab

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Crew Max VS Double Cab

I have been on the fence for awhile now about whether to get a crew max or a double cab. I really like the crew max for the larger rear seats and the ability to be able to storage stuff behind the rear seats but the $4300.00 price difference between the 2 is where i'm hung up on. The bed size isn't a concern since i don't haul to much in the bed. Any of you double cab owners wish you would have got a crew max and how about you crew max owners any regrets?

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Thumbs up Re: Crew Max VS Double Cab

Quote Originally Posted by jeeptjs View Post
    I have been on the fence for awhile now about whether to get a crew max or a double cab. I really like the crew max for the larger rear seats and the ability to be able to storage stuff behind the rear seats but the $4300.00 price difference between the 2 is where i'm hung up on. The bed size isn't a concern since i don't haul to much in the bed. Any of you double cab owners wish you would have got a crew max and how about you crew max owners any regrets?

Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    I love my CrewMax and the awesome spare available with the rear seats. I have no regrets going with the CM and loosing 1/2 a ft on the size of the bed when compared to my '04 DC. I don't haul a lot of stuff using the bed, so it made perfect sense in my case to go with the CM

Get the CrewMax You won't regret paying the additional cost

Good luck.
    Delivered Mar, 24th 2007: 2007 Tundra CrewMax - 4X4 - 5.7L V8 - SR5 - Salsa Pearl - TRD
    Options : FE - CK - DZ - BU - HM - MG - OF - CF - LU (SOLD)

2010 Tundra Crewmax Limited - 4x4 - 5.7L V8 - Slate Metallic - DVD NAV - Moon Roof - Power Memory Pkg - 20" Wheels - Running Boards - Bedliner with Cleats - Wheel Locks - Patriot Tri-Fold Tonno

2005 BMW M3 ZCP - 6 Speed Manual

2006 BMW X5 - 4.8is - Lemans Blue

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Crew Max VS Double Cab

Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    Hey Mike,
    I got my double cab instead of waiting on the CrewMax for 2 reasons....1. Is there enough room for my kids (YES)...2. Do I need the larger bed (YES). Price here was about 2000 more but, the wait was 2 months. Double cab it was...Glad I did!!!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

My problem is that my check book(wife) likes the double cab better but I really want a Crew Max and we have both instock at the dealership that I work at. That sliding rear window is pretty neat also

Liked
    0 times
    Images

That sliding rear window is pretty neat also
    There you go I forgot to mention the Power Sliding Window That's a great plus in favour of the CrewMax
    Delivered Mar, 24th 2007: 2007 Tundra CrewMax - 4X4 - 5.7L V8 - SR5 - Salsa Pearl - TRD
    Options : FE - CK - DZ - BU - HM - MG - OF - CF - LU (SOLD)

2010 Tundra Crewmax Limited - 4x4 - 5.7L V8 - Slate Metallic - DVD NAV - Moon Roof - Power Memory Pkg - 20" Wheels - Running Boards - Bedliner with Cleats - Wheel Locks - Patriot Tri-Fold Tonno

2005 BMW M3 ZCP - 6 Speed Manual

2006 BMW X5 - 4.8is - Lemans Blue

Liked
    0 times

My problem is that my check book(wife) likes the double cab better but I really want a Crew Max and we have both instock at the dealership that I work at. That sliding rear window is pretty neat also
    Sounds like your wife has made up her mind and yours too!! Hope you can work it out.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by playforcash View Post
    Sounds like your wife has made up her mind and yours too!! Hope you can work it out.
    She actually doesn't really care but I'm all about saving money here and there when you can.

Liked
    0 times

She actually doesn't really care but I'm all about saving money here and there when you can.
    Good idea. I think you'll be happier getting what you want and you'll keep it alot longer. for me, I keep a truck at least 10 yrs or more if it hold up. That's why I bought this one. All I did is add some "GOODIES" as I go to make it my own. GOOD LUCK!!!

Liked
    1 times
    Images

I actually don't like the look of the Crew Max. I am 'downsizing' from a F250 crewcab (full 4 doors, like CM) regular box, and I think the porprotions are all wrong on the CM. It looks like all cab and no box, when I stand back and look at it. I haul a lot of motorcycles and other supplies that I want to be able to lock the tail gate. The CM kind of reminds me of the Ford 'Sport Trac'. Albeit the CM is a big-*** truck, the bed needs to be full sized, In my opinon. Also, I am 6'3" and I fit comfortably in the back of the DC, and I like the fact that the seats fold up, giving the full floor space for my dogs when we travel up to my camping site.

Liked
    0 times

hello, for me it was easy , i went with the dc because the crewmax bed was not long enough for my four wheeler. you should have seen the salesmans face when prior to ordering my dc he tried to show me a crewcab .as i walked up ,he had the back door open and said "look at all this room back here this is the 1st one in richmond ,va". i closed the door , told him the bed was not big enough for me and said what dc's do you have coming. his smile turned to shock then he recovered and sold me a dc.

Liked
    0 times

Mine's the standard excuse... Longer box won out over more back seat room. After all... It is a "pick-up truck".

Jim

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

No regrets on the CM purchase. My criteria was Towing Capacity and Interior Cabin space (3 kids = more room). CM not to be used as a
    work truck, but for family adventures...so the bed space is nice to have but not an important factor.

Liked
    0 times

The first thing I did when I walked up to my truck with the salesman holding open the drivers door, was open the rear drivers door get in the back seat. I'm a little 6'2 (320lb) guy and if I can fit nicely in the back all's good... The DC was and remains just fine-enough for me, And since I'm the guy that has to pay the $34,500 in monthly payments over the next 6 years, I am more than satisfied driving my choice.. ..
    Walterj7
    07'Tundra DoubleCab 4X4 w/TowPkg, 4.7LV8, Tint WIindows, Black Graphite Fabric Interior & Carpet, Line-X bedliner, Brushed SS Runningboards and Torza Sure-FitTonneau. And Boy is it BIG, Black, and Beautiful...

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by walterj7 View Post
    The first thing I did when I walked up to my truck with the salesman holding open the drivers door, was open the rear drivers door get in the back seat. I'm a little 6'2 (320lb) guy and if I can fit nicely in the back all's good... The DC was and remains just fine-enough for me, And since I'm the guy that has to pay the $34,500 in monthly payments over the next 6 years, I am more than satisfied driving my choice.. ..

Good post
    20" wheels, DVD NAV w/Bluetooth, Rear DVD w/10" screen, Formula 1 Tint, Access Tonneau Cover, TRD Dual Exhaust, WeatherTech Floormats

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdimetal - 2/27/07

06 MINI Cooper S SB Checkmate
    15% Reduction Pulley, HDI
    22mm Rear Sway, Custom ECU

Liked
    0 times

The double cab vs CrewMax debate was also a tough decision for me (I actually started debating the two before the CrewMax even hit the lot). I wanted the longer bed but wished for more cabin space since I was coming from a F250 supercab 4x4 diesel. Going to the double cab from the F250 s/c would only be gaining me a few inches of rear legroom. In the end, the cabin space won and I got the CrewMax. Now for whatever doesn't fit in the bed, I have a 6x12 tandem axle trailer it will fit on
    2007 Tundra CrewMax SR5 4x4 TRD 5.7

|Corsa Sport Exhaust|TRD Intake|Optitrons|Eclipse DVD/GPS|Factory 20's|Rapid Hitch|Headache Rack|Delta Toolbox|

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.