07 Tundra vibration

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 07 Tundra vibration

Liked
    0 times

Default 07 Tundra vibration

I have an 07 Tundra SR5, TRD with 500 miles. I am getting a vibration within 1-2 miles from start-up from cold at 35-40 mph. Not consistent or steady. Feels like going over small washboards and only last a few seconds. Also feel the same thing for just a moment during a 6th to 5th upshift using cruise. I suspected u-joint and took to the dealer. They drove truck over 20 miles during two attempts to duplicate and could not. They called Toyota tech hotline and reported/asked about this, but no answers were there. They told me to keep driving and see if it got worse. Anyboby experiencing similar condition?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default Re: 07 Tundra vibration

Is your truck a 4x4? When you say cold, do you mean outside temperature cold? If so, sounds like a common driveline Tundra problem. My 05 DC did this when the temperatures outside were cold. The problem was that the front driveshaft would spin even in 2 wheel drive. I was told it was because the fluid in the transfer case was cold? After about 5-10 minutes of driving the vibration would go away. I had mine into the dealer many times and they told me that there was nothing that could be done. I was hoping that the problem was resolved with the 07, maybe not!

Jeff

Liked
    0 times

Mine does the same thing it is the tires flat spotting and after you drive a few miles they run true..which tires are you running? I have the BF Goddrich rugged trails..had the same tires on my 05 F150 and they did the same exact thing,at least it goes away in a few miles..

Liked
    0 times

nuke, I experienced the same symtoms with my Tundra. If you pay attention, the noise happens when the torque converter unlocks in 4th, 5th or 6th gears; and when cold in the morning the initial t/c lock shudders the whole vehicle for 4-5 seconds.

I was able to replicate the noise with my dealer and they are replacing my transmission and torque converter. I just got back from visiting my truck today and they're still waiting on parts

Here's my thread: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...ssion-problem/
    2007 Tundra CrewMax SR5 4x4 TRD 5.7

|Corsa Sport Exhaust|TRD Intake|Optitrons|Eclipse DVD/GPS|Factory 20's|Rapid Hitch|Headache Rack|Delta Toolbox|

Liked
    0 times

do a careful check of your tires, try rotating them. please note' the trd has a firm suspension, the slightest road irregularities you will feel. they put me in a loaner while mines was getting leather, it is stiff.
    2007 SR5 crewmax Texas Edition 4x2
    light gray leather interior
    xm radio, bed liner
    fog lights
    swaybar
    woodgrain interior
    carriageworks grille
    corsa exhaust
    ARE LSll cover
    chrome accent covers

Liked
    1 times

When I test drove a Tundra for the first time I experienced exactly what you're talking about. The salesman with me said what one of the other posters said, that it's "flat spots" on the tire from the truck sitting for a long time.

It didn't seem like just the tires to me and I told him that. By the end of the test drive it was still doing it and he admitted that maybe it wasn't just the tires.

I didn't buy that truck.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I just bought a 07 lmtd 4x4 and i like it a lot!!! Have had no problems..... By the way, are there any accessories out there yet? I have been looking for a cold air intake system but i can't find it. Do any of you guys know if there is anything out there yet?

Liked
    0 times

DavidT. and others, thanks so much for the feedback. I am a carpenter, not a mechanic, but I do know enough to know the tires are not flat spotted. DavidT described my symptoms to a tee. David, I have printed-off your entire thread and am going back to the dealer with it. As for mytundra, when I say cold I mean sitting for some period as opposed to temperature cold. Truck is a 4X4. I notice it more when cold, but also at other times. Especially when using the cruise and approching a grade. When the tranny shifts from 6th to 5th to 4th there is the slightest shudder. Truck only has 550 miles on it,and I want to clear this up quickly. I too traded an 03 F250 with the infamous 6.0 PSD. Ford customer service sucks when it comes to fixing these things. I consider myself a picky owner, and will share all my Tundra experiences. I'll see if east coast customer service matches the rest of the free world.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by nuke1 View Post
    DavidT. and others, thanks so much for the feedback. I am a carpenter, not a mechanic, but I do know enough to know the tires are not flat spotted. DavidT described my symptoms to a tee. David, I have printed-off your entire thread and am going back to the dealer with it. As for mytundra, when I say cold I mean sitting for some period as opposed to temperature cold. Truck is a 4X4. I notice it more when cold, but also at other times. Especially when using the cruise and approching a grade. When the tranny shifts from 6th to 5th to 4th there is the slightest shudder. Truck only has 550 miles on it,and I want to clear this up quickly. I too traded an 03 F250 with the infamous 6.0 PSD. Ford customer service sucks when it comes to fixing these things. I consider myself a picky owner, and will share all my Tundra experiences. I'll see if east coast customer service matches the rest of the free world.
    Tires DO flat spot as they sit especially soft sidewall tires such as radial 4 plys etc. especially with the weight of this truck sitting overnight on the tires that is enough to make a flat spot/bump on the sidewall in one spot and you will feel the bumpy washboard effect such as I do when first driven in morning for the first few miles and then as the tire rotates at speed it relaxes and straightens out.I'm not saying that is your problem but on my truck it IS the tires flat spotting.

Liked
    0 times

I hear ya. Since my vibe comes and goes, even after many miles, I am ruling out tires right now. I will however monitor the flat spot issue too. My truck sometimes sits for 3-4 days and never moves. If I get a thump-thump it should happen after one of these extended sits. Thanks.

Liked
    0 times

I hear ya. Since my vibe comes and goes, even after many miles, I am ruling out tires right now. I will however monitor the flat spot issue too. My truck sometimes sits for 3-4 days and never moves. If I get a thump-thump it should happen after one of these extended sits. Thanks.
    I hope you get to the bottom of it and hope it is something minor..good luck.

Liked
    0 times

Good luck bud. What you are describing was exactly what was happening with my truck. Mine's a 4x4 as well and I also traded in my F250. Definitely let us know what your dealer does.
    2007 Tundra CrewMax SR5 4x4 TRD 5.7

|Corsa Sport Exhaust|TRD Intake|Optitrons|Eclipse DVD/GPS|Factory 20's|Rapid Hitch|Headache Rack|Delta Toolbox|

Liked
    0 times

I have felt this with the 4x2. It really hasn't been an annoyance yet. It feels like it is just catching it between gears. I have warranty to 100k so I will see if it becomes a problem before I mess with it.
    2007 Toyota Tundra DC 5.7l SR5
    Slate Metallic
    TRD Package, 305/65/18 BFG AT KO, Step Bars, Magnaflow Muffler, K&N Drop-in Filter, Tow Mirrors, Utility Rail Kit, Night vision Mirror/Homelink, Dual Captains Chairs, 6-disc, Trip Computer, "Under seat storage"/styrofoam POS thingy for $125. WTF?

"When the people find they can vote themselves money,
    that will herald the end of the republic."

-Benjamin Franklin

Liked
    0 times

Appreciate the help. Will keep everyone informed.
    Donewithforddiesels

Liked
    0 times

DavidT. I faxed your entire thread to my servicing dealer (since they are the closest) and my purchase dealer (2 hours away, but they had the truck I wanted) and was not entirely comfortable with the response. Purchasing dealer was going to check with Toyota about your truck. They said if there had been a trans/TC replacement on a truck there would be a record of it. I'll give them a couple of days and call back to see what they want me to do. May just have to keep driving to see if it gets worse.
    Donewithforddiesels

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.