ROTM Badge

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

View Poll Results: Should the winners have their badge forever or just for the winning month?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Forever

36 97.30%
  • One Month Only

1 2.70%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: ROTM Badge

Liked
    314 times
    Images

Default ROTM Badge

Should the winners of TundraSolutions' Ride Of The Month (ROTM) have their badge for only their winning month or keep forever?

You decide.

Badge looks like this:

And looks like this under your forum name:
    September 2012 Entries
    New to the forum? CLICK HERE!
    Questions about advertising? CLICK HERE!

Know the facts about Warranties and the Magnuson-Moss Act.

Link to Amsoil -->

Be an organ & tissue donor, register at DonateLife

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Veteran Member
    Liked
    155 times
    Images

Default Re: ROTM Badge

if you play enough times, your bound to win!
    its not about wining, but your effort in playing.
    give your best effort, and your always a winner.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    155 times
    Images

FYI i think you just reopened this poll to new votes from that link!?!

Liked
    94 times
    Images

Can't it be modified? Like say having the month/year you won? I'm at work so I'm tired and not thinking straight but you get my point.
    BobbyB

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4 TRD = In Progress
    2004 Saturn L300 = Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Atilla the Tundra View Post
    That will sound like godzilla throwing schoolbuses full of screaming children into a wood chipper. Have fun with your fix it tickets!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Cool Re: ROTM Badge

Of course the ROTM Badge should last forever. After all, the ride we are proud of will last forever in our minds, even though our ride may be sold, stolen or destroyed in an accident.
    Desert Dude

Liked
    63 times
    Images

I like BobbyB's idea.
    2000 Tundra SR5 2WD... Camburg UCAs, Camburg 2.5" coil-overs, Deaver 10-packs, Bilstein 5100s, Moog LBJs, BFG A/T 285/75/16s, TRD bead-lock wheels, K&N air filter, 18" MagnaFlow muffler, clear corners, Sylvania fog/headlights, full LED conversion, Kenwood head unit & 6-3/4" 3-way speakers, Sound Ordnance B-8PT 8" subwoofer, Coverking neoprene seat covers... so far...

Liked
    314 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by CoachRon View Post
    I like BobbyB's idea.
    me too, but it's difficult... the current badge is universal... I'll ask our geek squad what they can do to make a mo/yr... no guarantees though.

Link to Amsoil -->

Liked
    294 times
    Images

Mmmmmm...This could get complicated.

Suppose someone won in 2011, and then 2012. Or, looking ahead, 2012 and then 2013. You get the idea. Would you list both years in the badge? Would they not be able to play if they already won?

Just kicking out the thoughts.
    BobbyB likes this.
    JB

2000 Tundra Supercharged 4.7 TRD (Ivan) in Sunfire Red Pearl.

Long mod list, but, have some pics in my gallery here

Liked
    388 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jbtoy View Post
    Mmmmmm...This could get complicated.

Suppose someone won in 2011, and then 2012. Or, looking ahead, 2012 and then 2013. You get the idea. Would you list both years in the badge? Would they not be able to play if they already won?

Just kicking out the thoughts.
    i think is should just update if you win in 2012 and then again in 2013 it would just have to update it.
    2000 Tundra Platinum Metallic 3.4L V6 SR5 AC 4WD, 204,000 miles and counting, Husky Liners, 5K 35 Watt HID Heads & Fogs w/ Fog Mod from IZL, LED Cargo Light, Pioneer 3300UB, redruM69's Quarter Window Arm Mod, Kicker 8" Sub with Custom Box, New Frame via The Rust Recall, 5100s on 3rd Notch, CV Boot Clamp Mod, Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs, My 1st Gen Anytime Power Window Mod, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan Conversion (thanks texasranger96), 180 Amp DC Power Alternator, Map Light Mod & LEDs, 285/75r16 Terra Grapplers, Curt Tow Hitch, Keyless Entry, ES Rack Bushings
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Offroad LEDs, Lock-Rite (maybe)

OBT
    Liked
    88 times
    Images

I agree I think if you win it should say the year and you can participate just for fun for the rest of the year but can't win again tell the next year to make it fair. Also I say if you win in 2012 and 2013 it should just be updated to that year but if you don't win you just keep last years badge until you win again. Does that make sense?

p.s. if the contest gets big enough maybe we could get a sponsor to donate a gift card or something?? "cough cough"
    Seen it done on others sites and thought it was a pretty good idea and promotes business for them as well.
    tundra3400 likes this.
    First gen member #31 White, 02 Tundra, 3.4l V6, 6000k hi/lo 35watt HIDs, 30" single row led light bar, 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, 2 1/2inch skyjacker level kit, add a leaf, 5% tint on brow, 35% fronts, 20 over 20% backs, LED swap, 2 24" blue led strips behind back seat, pioneer 2300DVD touchscreen, strobe lights, black low pro toolbox, black westin nerf bars
    Contact me for Louisiana Tundra Stickers!

Still waiting on a duramax

Liked
    63 times
    Images

I like the idea of only being able to play every few months, to give other people a chance. If you're allowed to play, but not allowed to win, that will take away votes for people that are allowed to win. I say keep the rules the same.
    As far as the badge goes, just have the most current win listed. If somebody really wants to list each time they've won, they can put it in their signature. It could also be that you only get to keep the badge for a year, with the month listed (after a few years, we would all have a badge). Don't make it more complicated than it has to be.
    Tundradrenalin likes this.
    2000 Tundra SR5 2WD... Camburg UCAs, Camburg 2.5" coil-overs, Deaver 10-packs, Bilstein 5100s, Moog LBJs, BFG A/T 285/75/16s, TRD bead-lock wheels, K&N air filter, 18" MagnaFlow muffler, clear corners, Sylvania fog/headlights, full LED conversion, Kenwood head unit & 6-3/4" 3-way speakers, Sound Ordnance B-8PT 8" subwoofer, Coverking neoprene seat covers... so far...

Liked
    247 times
    Images

Let ROTM winners keep 'em for life.
    Pacific NW Hippo
    BMW MOA; '03 K1200RS
    PCA since 1995; '78 911SC, '88 928S4

OBT
    Liked
    88 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by CoachRon View Post
    I like the idea of only being able to play every few months, to give other people a chance. If you're allowed to play, but not allowed to win, that will take away votes for people that are allowed to win. I say keep the rules the same.
    As far as the badge goes, just have the most current win listed. If somebody really wants to list each time they've won, they can put it in their signature. It could also be that you only get to keep the badge for a year, with the month listed (after a few years, we would all have a badge). Don't make it more complicated than it has to be.
    I meant they could still enter for fun and to show off there awesome truck and photography skills but not be included in the poll. And we might all have a badge but if you put the year on it and maybe change the color once a year you could keep the badge but it would be different. Idk just tossing out ideas. Either way it's all about the love of our trucks and having some fun.
    CoachRon likes this.
    First gen member #31 White, 02 Tundra, 3.4l V6, 6000k hi/lo 35watt HIDs, 30" single row led light bar, 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, 2 1/2inch skyjacker level kit, add a leaf, 5% tint on brow, 35% fronts, 20 over 20% backs, LED swap, 2 24" blue led strips behind back seat, pioneer 2300DVD touchscreen, strobe lights, black low pro toolbox, black westin nerf bars
    Contact me for Louisiana Tundra Stickers!

Still waiting on a duramax

Liked
    94 times
    Images

What if there was a forum or thread that has all the previous winners and a pick of their truck with the month they won? Such as like a pic of Flyin6's truck for the month he won, and then month after that, a pic of that persons truck and so forth. Again, lack of sleep makes me ramble. THats why the mods are around!
    BobbyB

2000 Toyota Tundra Limited 4x4 TRD = In Progress
    2004 Saturn L300 = Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Atilla the Tundra View Post
    That will sound like godzilla throwing schoolbuses full of screaming children into a wood chipper. Have fun with your fix it tickets!

Liked
    314 times
    Images

This is getting good. Lots of good discussion guys.

Obviously it would be easy for me if the winner got to keep the badge forever. That way I wouldn't have to edit/update anyone's profile. However, it brings the complication of winner overlap, as jbtoy mentioned. And the neverending badge confusion. Especially if we can't get it customized with a month/year, which is unlikely as of right now.

What about the winners for two or three consecutive months keep the badge and so on... Or every January the badges get wiped clean for the new calendar year winners-to-be... Just a thought.

As for how many times you can win... there are no rules really... it's a popular vote.
    BobbyB likes this.

Link to Amsoil -->

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast