2004 Sequoia - OBD can not clear codes - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

2004 Sequoia - OBD can not clear codes

Hi

I have a 2004 Sequoia 4WD. I got P0101 and P0102 codes. I accidentally tried clearing the codes while the engine was running.

Now I can not get rid of the codes with Torque app. Autozone tried to clear the codes few times, but they are right back when you re-scan them right away.

I have disconnected the battery as well for 20 minutes and cleaned the Mass Air Flow sensor with MAF cleaner few times.

What next I could do? Is the ECU damaged or codes stuck somewhere in its memory?

The SUV hesitates around 3000 rpm, otherwise runs fine (about 150K miles). The EGR valve is clean and not stuck (I can hear rattling sound).

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 01:17 PM

Garage
Re: 2004 Sequoia - OBD can not clear codes

P0101 and P0102 are MAF-related codes. The codes may be cleared with or without the engine running. Your MAF may need to be replaced, which is why the codes keep coming back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; 2.5" Toytec/Bilstein coilover lift; rear AHC adjusted to match; diff drop; EMPI Bates Porsche930 Inner CV Boots (Kartek.com); SPC UCA's; Nitro 4.88 gears; rear ARB locker; 285/70R17 BFG AT-KO2; SpeedoDRD calibrator; Spidertrax 1.25" spacers; SAIP Bypass module; Rancho RS999208 shocks; Bajarack Megamule; Stubbs HD-SKO sliders; ORFab cat theft shield; GTRlighting LED head and foglight bulbs; Rigid SR-30 & SR-Q; Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX; Scan-Gauge II; Tekonsha Primus IQ
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPLORx4 View Post
P0101 and P0102 are MAF-related codes. The codes may be cleared with or without the engine running. Your MAF may need to be replaced, which is why the codes keep coming back.
I took a chance and replaced the MAF sensor. I still have the same issues and engine is in safe mode and will not go above 3000 rpm.

I do have 4 grayed out codes in Torque app P0031, P0037, P0051 and P0057. All related to heater control Circuit Low on all 4 O2 sensors. This is kind of strange...all 4 at the same time.

Also TID: $04 CID:$02
High sensor voltage for switch time calculation is "Not Ok"
Min: 3277
Current: 67

All I did was replaced rear o2 sensor on Bank 2 with a Denso OE part a week ago

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Well. It was a EFI blown fuse. Replaced and fixed all issues so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page